Deciem The Ordinary Serum Foundation

3.4

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

These went in the trash. Very little coverage if at all and the wrong colors for my skin even though I followed their recommendations for my skin color based on my MAC equivalent. They were both too light. I chose the ones that were supposed to be closest to MAC NC 20 per Wayne Goss' comments but they were way too light even after oxidation. Glad I tried them out but no great loss.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

First I have to say how much I LOVE the Deciem skin care products. Since I started using them a few months ago my skin has improved a ton, in texture, comfort, and yes, it even glows! My hopes were up when I ordered the foundation! Alas, I was sorely disappointed. The whole range was too yellow for my skin. The coverage was ok but not the smoothest I've ever tried. Without a Beauty Blender it was much more uneven than most—leaning toward a mini relief map look.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I picked this up out of curiosity and I am not all that impressed. It's very yellow and in my case, 1.2YG was too light (NC25-30; 220 in Fenty and W4 in L'Oreal True Match) - then it dried down darker and ended up being a really good match. The formula itself is super thin and runny. I applied using my RT sponge and it took some work to blend. The coverage is medium but not buildable, at least not in my case. It didn't blend at all around my nose area an ended up being very patchy and even pilled up along the side creases of my nose. I didn't see any difference in the texture of my skin either. I'm not terribly disappointed since the price point is so low. I do like the simple packaging and the locking pump. That said, I wouldn't repurchase.

Well, I have oily dehydrated flaky skin. Even though I set it with a mattifying powder, I still became a oil slick within a few hours. Coverage is decent. Natural, nah not really. I generally prefer powder foundations so would stick to that instead!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I don't hate it. I don't love it. It's a light- medium coverage depending on how you apply it. Brushes aren't the best idea because it streaks like crazy. It's very liquidy. It's dewy so will need to be set because it will slide all over. Although it's dewy, it somehow intensifies micro dry patches or skin texture. It sort of clings to it which doesn't look good. I have normal skin, but after 2 hours, it starts to slide around and transfer so easily. I have the shade 1.2 N and it oxidizes to be definitely darker and definitely not neutral in undertone like it should be. Almost pink leaning. Check my pictures added to see what I mean. For reference, my skin is NC15-20. Very neutral undertone though.

If you have nice skin and just want to even it out more while giving yourself a glow, this is ideal. If you rarely wear foundation but would like to have some around, best to have an affordable from The Ordinary.

Before and after look on my blemishes skin is shown in video and/or on my blog.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

SELECTED SHADE: 2.1Y
METHOD OF APPLICATION: sponge
SKIN TYPE: combination

PROS

- lightweight
- blends easily
- satin finish
- light to medium coverage

CONS

- doesn’t sit well on top of skin
- wears off quickly
- settles into fine lines

COMMENTS: Lightweight, satin finish foundation with light to medium coverage. Blends effortlessly. If you're anything other than dry, expect to blot. This will not control oil, nor does it claim to. My isssue with this is upon application, it immediately makes my skin look textured. It doesn’t sit well on top of the skin no matter what primer I use. It looks blotchy the moment I apply it. It also tends to wear off rather quickly, but a good setting spray will help this issue a lot (I use Blue Marble). It settles into my fine lines within a couple hours, as well. For the price, I suppose it could’ve been worse. It’s a pass for me, though.

Will not repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

I am giving it a 3 because I have not found a good shade. However for the price, i use 2 or 3 different shades and mix them up to get one closer to my skin tone. I think it is light to medium coverage based on how much you apply. As I use heavy color correcting in dark orange and red, I need at least medium coverage. If I use the same amount that I would typically use for products such as Maybelline FIT Me, I only achieve light coverage so I need to use literally twice as much product for the same coverage with 2-3 layers. In the end am not so sure if it is truly worth the hype or i should just go back to FIT ME. I am giving it another go with a second batch so we will see. I have used it primarily in winter and now it is kinda starting to get slightly warmer (between 0 - 5, am in Sweden), so i will need to decide when it is above 10 degrees. Worth a shot nonetheless.

Finally a foundation that matches my super pale skin. I use 1N. I really like the packaging as well, it doesn't have any fragrance and alcohol which is nice. The coverage is very light, helps even out my skin tone and it doesn't feel like anything on my skin. It lasts for maybe 4 hours. However I can't wear it when my skin is dry because it absorbs all the liquid in it and just leaves awkward looking patches of pigment on my skin. I will use it up but won't buy it again.

This foundation clings to ALL of my dry patches and makes me look super cakey. I really wanted this to like because of how affordable it is :/

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

The color matched my skin really well, but it certainly didn’t apply like a serum. It was extremely matte and drying to the skin. That said, it works a lot better once I moisturized with day cream. I wouldn’t repurchase because there are other foundations that don’t require moisturizer beforehand.