L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Lash Paradise Mascara

L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Lash Paradise Mascara

3.3

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

This mascara does nothing for me. I can’t get any length from it. The color is not dark enough and there’s no omph with it, It’s just not my thing at all. It even makes my lashes look shorter than they are.

on 4/9/2018 9:49:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Wow! I never thought I'd find a mascara that could rival my Maybelline Lash Sensational, but this one is it! I love it. It's very lengthening and it separates and curls my lashes wonderfully. Doesn't clump up on the lashes. Gives enough volume if layered. Doesn't smudge or transfer throughout the day. I will definitely repurchase this.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I am ALWAYS on the hunt for the ultimate, perfect mascara...at a decent price point.
Yes, I have been using all high end mascaras (Ysl, Dior, Lancome, Chanel ...you name it) and I have a few favourites (read Dior Iconic, Lancome precious cells and Ysl faux cils) .... but I am a bit tired to shell out 30 euros for a mascara. So I am searching for some good drugstore alternative.
I bought this after having read rave reviews from Sabrina (the Beauty Look Book) and since she's so picky and high-end oriented i thought this was a good buy.
How wrong I was! I should have read more reviews...
In a word: clump city. It clumps at the first coat.
Do not attempt to try a 2nd coat... you will spend hours combing through your lashes tidy. I just don't have the time for that.
The brush is identical to the Miss Hippie mascara (same brand.. I also have this). So you see it's a big messy brush and you get mess all over... it's not a clean application.
However I tried the Paradise mascara with another brush.. I thought that being the original brush not working ok... maybe the formula was good to use in combination with another wand.
So I did.
I am afraid to report that BOTH the formula and the brush are AWFUL!
The formula clumps with whatever brush you use it. Basically you get the Manga eyes look.
If you are after that kind of look... then this mascara is for you.
I need length, definition, a decent curl and no clumps or flakes.
With this mascara you are not going to achieve any of the above.
A BIG no for me. Trash bin!

on 4/8/2018 3:18:00 AM

TL;DR - dries out quick, preforms horribly when dry, buy literally anything else unless you reapply mascara four times a day

So I bought this mascara due to heavy marketing and nice reviews from a few beauty youtubers. And because I thought "wow I need to switch it up!!!" since I've been using Maybelline Lash Sensational and Lancôme Doll Eyes for years. Initially I was quite pleased; though it's a bit on the clumpier side it does give good volume quickly and the lashes DO feel quite soft after application. That being said I would not repurchase this. After using it for less than two months it dried out and went completely unusable. After a few frustrated mornings, I went back to my OLD tube of Lash Sensational (we're talking about 6 months) which worked way better. Unless you usually use up your mascaras within one or two months - don't spend your hard earned coins on this mascara.

It's a good mascara for about a month. After that it's a horrible, clumpy, mess that won't apply.

Decided to give this a try. The price was right--around $7. I've been using this just on weekends for about 3 months to learn how to "handle it" and I'm not a mascara novice. It does go on thick and it clumps. Once you pinch off the clumps and comb through your lashes a few times to get them separated, they do look soft and fluffy. Wouldn't dare use on lower lashes! I feel the formula is just too thick for the brush. It helps to wipe some of the mascara off the brush before applying, too, but that's a waste. Haven't noticed drying out yet. This will do in a pinch, but I wouldn't repurchase.

on 4/6/2018 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I try to give a mascara a lengthy trial (i.e. several initial months) before forming a judgement, so am now on to my second tube at the time of this review. To get the "bad" out of the way: let's just say, that the rap that this mascara dries out and is therefore rendered useless before the 3-month watermark is true. The first tube I purchased never saw 3 months before the formula become thick, unmovable (in the tube!) and difficult to open. It felt like trying to move the wand through sludge. Until that point, I had been liking the results I was getting in terms of look, and was reluctant to toss it. But common sense prevailed. So hoping I had bought a dud, I re-purchased; and so far, so good. I have also at the time of this review purchased another tube for the future, as I regard this mascara as one that has a much shorter shelf life than others, once opened. Because it is what I consider a reasonable price point (less than $10.00 in my area), that is fair in my estimation. I have bought each time the non-waterproof version in the blackest shade available. As to results, I get a very plush, bold look from one coat application. I typically never wear more than one coat of mascara as I want a false lash effect, but not a heavy, verging-on-droopy effect that some formulas give me if I apply more than one. I also get separation that makes whatever eye look I am wearing that day look "better". So on this second tube, I've been much happier. If I do encounter any clumping, I use a metal lash comb, which is also what I think makes this mascara deliver a superb result. Using a lash comb is an additional step that absolutely takes extra time and for some is not worth either the time investment or cost. But the LP responds beautifully (at least on my lashes, and this is a subjective review) and leaves the mascara deposited, not stripped, but with the desired separation and volume I am buying and wearing it for. Honestly, that's all I am asking a mascara (any of them) to do- make my lashes look amazing at a reasonable cost on an obtainable, local basis. Furthermore, I haven't had any sensitivity issues with it. So Lash Paradise, we're good- I'm glad I gave you a second shot.

on 3/29/2018 1:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

The reviews on this mascara thoroughly confuse me. Some say this is flake and clump free and then others say it's a horrible flaky, clumpy mess! I agree it's clumpy and flaky and it pulls my precious lashes out. I've used it for 4 months now - just can't get it to work like so many people seem to be able to. Are there two different manufacturers for this mascara? And why did I get the shitty one???

I have used (and loved) Voluminous mascara in the past, so I had high hopes for this one. I went through one entire tube and was really happy with it. It started out exactly how I like mascara - wet enough to coat lashes well, and lengthened extremely well, although the tube went more quickly than most mascara's that I've used in the past. It completely dried up after a couple months. I bought a second tube, but after only a couple applications the product dried up so badly that I could only apply in clumps. I won't repurchase again.

on 3/28/2018 12:58:00 PM

I've forced myself to use this for three days. It smudges, badly. It clumps together. It doesn't appear to lengthen the lash, or keeps/help curl the lash. The wand holds too much product making application difficult. Very disappointed.

on 3/27/2018 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

My new favorite. Mega volume, good length, amazing consistency- thick and wet, so it coats lashes beautifully, unlike most mascaras that are thin and hardly coat lashes.The brush is huge so it distributes tons of product, nice dark black color. It's the only loreal mascara I ever liked. Gives a wide eyes doll look. I really like it!