L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Lash Paradise Mascara

L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Lash Paradise Mascara

3.3

on 5/22/2018 5:07:00 PM

I love this mascara, it doesn't smudge on me unless I spray setting spray on it. I haven't noticed it fading or flaking off either. It doesn't have a noticeable smell and it doesn't like take forever to put on you know?? Like when a mascara is SUPER dry and takes like 10 years to get a good coat on? That's not this. It's not super wet, but it doesn't take forever to get a good coat. You have control but don't have to sit there forever. Also you know when you smear a tiny amount of mascara onto your lid and then you try to get it off with a q-tip and it just keeps freaking smearing until you have to get makeup remover and restart your eyeshadow??? This doesn't do that either lol

I have pretty long lashes tbh but this adds a nice amount of volume while separating them and keeps the curl (I curl them before). It's not a wet formula but its not overly dry either. I like it the best after like two weeks when it's like a LITTLE dry but not terribly dry. I buy a new one about every 2 or 3 months, it starts to get dry and doesn't look as good, but I like it.

If you want like a clumpy and super dark mascara, maybe this isn't for you, but if you have pretty long lashes and want some volume, this separates and adds a beautiful amount of volume without weighing your lashes down.

The one I used before was the maybelline lash sensational and that stuff was a lot goopier and transferred more, and kind of weighed down my lashes the older it got. It was clumpier and I didn't like it as much. Maybe you're into that tho. Not my thing.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I almost love this mascara, but a few problems leave me wanting to use something different. Pros: - A very dark black - Lasts really well all day without flaking or smudging. - Even though it’s not waterproof, I’ve gotten caught in the rain a couple of times and it held up well. - It’s also lasted through a few tears. - Affordable Cons: - Too much product comes out on the brush, and I don’t like wasting so much when I wipe it off. - The shape of the brush makes it difficult to reach the outer corner of my lower lash line. - It is VERY difficult to remove completely. I use an eye makeup remover and a facial cleanser and still find there is mascara left.

on 5/12/2018 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like this mascara a lot. It lengthens and volumizes the lashes, without making them look clumpy. Also, they don't smudge on the eyes throughout the day.

Lashes are light and feathery with one coat. This mascara washes off with warm/hot water with no panda eyes and doesn't transfer.
Tends to clump with multiple coats, however, too many coats are not required, and the formula is not too wet or dry, with a comfortable teddy bear brush.
I prefer it to my Chanel Le Volume and Elizabeth Arden Grand Entrance which have spikes brushes.
Just waiting to afford the Sisley Paris to see how it compares.
Otherwise will definitely repurchase.

on 5/5/2018 3:14:00 PM

I really like this as a drugstore mascara. It definitely gives me the look a lot of my higher end mascaras provide and lasts all day on me without smudging! I already have another one waiting to be used.

The only reason this lost a star was because it does dry out quicker than some of my higher end mascaras (resulting in having to repurchase more times and probably spending the same amount of $$ on a high end mascara that lasts me through 2 or 3 of these). I also noticed that this can end up looking clumpy if I go in with too heavy a hand, too many times. Especially when I’m a week or two in of use!

Despite the loss of 1 lippie for the reasons listed above, this is definitely my top drugstore mascara and I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend!

on 5/2/2018 5:30:00 PM

It’s a great mascara! I use the waterproof version and it holds up the curl really well. This formula definitely gets better over time. When you first use it, it’s quite hard to build and it’s very natural. Over time, it costs the lashes nicely and becomes more dramatic. However, I would notice some minor smudging sometimes, which is a flaw. Overall, this is a good drugstore mascara.

As with many mascaras, they show their full potential when you used them several times as the product itself turns into a drier consistency which leads to less clumping. Here it is not different, except that it's the first mascara for a long time which I use daily. It gives me natural, yet amazing results. Even my mom complimented my lashes, saying they look sooo long and seperated (yeah, Mom, actually that's what lash combs are for). Yet I only used Lash Paradise on that day when she envied my lashes (no lash curler, no lash comb, only this mascara). I can achieve natural or drama lashes which pleasures every womens/mens heart. The only con: Price. The formula seems really good, otherwise I would normally buy a cheaper mascara, only to dip my fav mascara brush into it, to avoid repurchasing that expensive mascara.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Has anyone ever used a truly volumizing mascara that doesn't clump? I honestly never have and don't see how it could be even possible. The volumizing mascaras are THICK, that's how they give volume. By getting the eyelashes thicker than they actually are. If it's not thick, it doesn't give volume but only change the color of the lashes. If it's thick, it gives volume but of course clumps because there is more (thick) product on your lashes. This has been my experience with every mascara I've ever tried.

For me this is going to be a holy grail mascara but not to use every day. I've been using L'Oreal Voluminious X5 in carbon black for years now. Compare to that, Paradise is like the more of everything. It is harder to use, it's drier, but it also curls the lashes more and gives more volume. With Voluminious I can just apply twice and go out, even when it's not perfect that way, the look is not problematic enough for me to work on it longer. Thus I will still keep Voluminious on the shelf for the times I don't want to work on my make-up a lot. Paradise doesn't work that way, it requires more time and effort to make it work. You need to use several brush moves. It will clump so you will need to do something about it - personally I use another lash brush in the end. But the final result is better than Voluminious.

Another bonus for me is that it's dry, which I understand is rather a disadvantage for some others. I have dry eyes and blepharitis, and reaaallly shouldn't get any mascara in my eyes/the bottom of my eyelids. The drier mascaras stay put better and not run into your eyes. Another advantage of drier is that it doesn't go all over your eyelids during the day.

I will definitely repurchase but as I said earlier, I will also get Voluminious x5 or another, simpler-to-use mascara too for the times when I don't have time to put the effort Paradise requires.

on 4/22/2018 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This mascara was a waste of my money. I was out of mascara and didn't have time to run to ULTA, so I snagged this mascara at the local grocery store while I was there buying groceries. I have had good experience with L'Oreal mascaras in the past. This one was horrible. Clumps, clumps and clumps. Needed to dig out my eyelash comb. Needed to work fast as this formula dries quickly. Flakes when dry, so when I as too slow to comb through my lashes I got flakes. End result: thick spider legs for lashes...ick! I gave it a good try, used it for a full week...then decided to toss it.

However the formula did not irritate my sensitive eyes, and it dries to a true black color.

on 4/13/2018 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I have to admit I was underwhelmed by this product. I purchased after seeing it on several "Best Drugstore Mascaras" lists. Yes, it's volumizing, but I found it to be clumpy, and I always had to comb my lashes afterward, which is annoying when I'm in a hurry. I also noticed that it flaked down onto my face throughout the day. Clumping and flaking = two major deal breakers for me when it comes to mascara. I continued to use it until it ran out because I'm practical like that, but I will not be buying again.