L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Lash Paradise Mascara

L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Lash Paradise Mascara

3.3

on 8/25/2018 2:16:00 PM

This is my new go-to mascara. I've got naturally long lashes that hold a curl very well, so I mainly look for a mascara that will beef up the volume as my lashes are also quite thin and blonde. I've been using this for three or so weeks and I've loved using it. It makes my eyelashes very voluminous and black and it doesn't flake or smudge on my under eye area. I've never used the Too Faced BTS mascara so I'm not sure if this is really a dupe for that, but it's a generally great mascara in my opinion.

Ok, so by the looks of it, obviously this is a dupe for the Too Faced Better than Sex mascara. In addition to the packaging, the product is pretty much in my opinion. I liked BTS fine, but didn't love it and feel the same way about this mascara. It gives volume but you have to be very careful in applying it to not get mascara everywhere. The brush is huge and the product gets clumpy on the brush, which I guess is how the formula is supposed to be to give that voluminous look. I don't think this is better than other L'Oreal mascaras (original Voluminous and Voluminous Carbon Black are better).

But if you love BTS, definitely try this one!

on 8/23/2018 12:32:00 PM

This mascara is so overhyped. While it works okay it clumps my lashes and does not provide much length. Overall I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone

I have used Too Faced Better then Sex mascara for years. It is my go to. After trying this because I read reviews and they compared it to BTS. I have to say I will be buying this one from now on. Although a bit clumpy, this does give you nice volume and length more so then BTS.

on 8/22/2018 6:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

For reference I have sparse, fine, short Asian lashes (I think even for an Asian I have very thin lashes due to various eye conditions). So I bought this as a cheaper alternative to the better than sex mascara bc people said they were dupes and they are NOT, at least for my lashes. My main issue with this is that the brush bristles are shorter and so there’s excess product on the brush, clumping my short thin lashes together into uni-lashes. The formula itself isn’t bad and it doesn’t even flake or smudge at the end of the day like the too faced mascara, but again, MAJOR CLUMPING! I think this wouldn’t be a bad mascara if your lashes are long and thick enough, but it didn’t provide the separation and definition my delicates lashes needed.

on 8/17/2018 1:25:00 PM

First try, I liked it, though clumpy. It was super black, held a curl, made my lashes look very full. A month later, I cant keep using it. It is just so clumpy and a mess, and flakey perhaps - there werent black flecks all over my cheeks but this irritated my eyes every time. The chunky effect was too much for me, too sloppy - maybe they will have 10 different versions of brushes and one will be ideal, but I wont repurchase despite what others like about it.

on 8/13/2018 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is the worst mascarea applicator i have ever used. It clumps on the brush. I really don't know if the product works because I won't buy it again.

on 8/12/2018 11:26:00 PM

I love this! I have been using the original Voluminous for 20 years or so. The Lash Paradise is Amazing for the lower lashes! And Mascara is NOT stiff. It does clump Lashes together, but i just wipe the tip of the wand and use it back and forth on lower lashes so they 'pop!' I know this look is a little more 'dramatic,' - we went dancing. But this was my first try with Lash Paradise, and I love love love it! Makes lashes very full and feel 'fluffy!'

(my pic)

on 8/7/2018 6:12:00 PM

I used it for a week and then threw it away. I had black dots under my eyes all day and then it thickened it the tube as each day went on.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have very fine, sparse lashes that are also very straight. I normally use Emily Noel's mascara recommendations for mascara, as she has the same issues. Since she liked this mascara, I thought it would be a sure winner...Nope!

This mascara formula is very wet. It weighed down my lashes. The brush is huge and too much mascara is stuck in all the little crevices of this wand. Because of that, it clumped my lashes into about 4 fat blobs.

I should have known that by the packaging, it was basically a dupe for Too Faced's Better than sex mascara. I've had samples of that one and it did the exact same thing. So, if you like that mascara, this would be a reasonably priced dupe for you. It's just not a product that worked for my thin, fine, and straight lashes.