L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Lash Paradise Mascara

L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Lash Paradise Mascara

3.3

Love this product. It's better than Better Than Sex by Too Faced which was my HG for about a year. This is cheaper and way less flakey and lasts longer while producing the same amount of volume that the BTS gives. It's buildable but you could get a natural lash if you wanted to. But two coats is perfect and nice for me

I was walking through Target when I saw this and immediately picked it up. It did remind me of Too Faced Better than Sex which I really wanted to like but couldn't because it flaked and left me with raccoon eyes after only a few hours. This is a drier formula that layers pretty easily. It's not clump free and the brush is bushy (though you can brush out the slightly thicker lashes) so you're not going to get so much length as volume. I really like it so far- I don't have any flaking or smudging throughout the day- and somehow part of that might be the satiny pink tube which feels feminine and pretty- the price is around $10 but I don't mind for a good quality product like this one.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

The Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara is one of my all time favorite mascaras. I've been looking for a drugstore dupe. I heard the new L'Oreal mascara was. I picked it up from Target not expecting much. I have decent length and volume with my lashes naturally. This mascara is a close dupe for the Too Faced Mascara. The Too Faced mascara gives me a tad bit more length but the L'Oreal mascara will suffice. Both have never flaked or smudge on me. Easy to remove. I wore the L'Oreal mascara to work and my manager complemented my lashes. I think I've found my new favorite drugstore mascara. I

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Meh. I heard this was a dupe for Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara. The TF isn't my favorite, but the removal of it is nice. For reference my favorite tubing mascaras are Blinc and Boots No 7 Stay Perfect (gold tube). I tried the L'oreal because I was curious. Unfortunately it's not replacing my more expensive holy grail.

This gives a lot of volume. After 2 days of using it, the formula clumped up and gave me spider lashes. It helps if you remove excess mascara from the tube but a good mascara shouldn't need that. Some might like this trait but I prefer more natural looking lashes. I just hate how hard it is to avoid getting this on my undereye area and upper lids. The length this gives is decent.

Now as far as removal goes, I still have no answer. I know that sounds weird given I've removed it a couple of times now. It does not come off in big flakes when using warm water. Instead it seems to dissolve, which is something I've never seen in a tubing mascara. I'd just call it a washable mascara that doesn't seem to be affected by my face's oil production. The staying power is good with miminal smudging. I don't use regular mascaras ever because so many of them just give me raccoon eyes, including waterproof formulas.

If the formula was less clumpy, I'd be much more in love. If by chance my feelings change on this mascara I'll update but until then, it's back to Blinc I go.