L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Lash Paradise Mascara

L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Lash Paradise Mascara

3.3

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Pros: dramatic look, deep colour
Cons: clumpy, flakes continually, wand is difficult to use

I DO NOT RECOMMEND

I was super hype about this mascara because of the reviews by various beauty vloggers but when I tried it, I noticed not only is the formula like coating my eyelashes with water but it also irritated my eyes. I thought maybe it was a fluke and was determined to stick it out but it has irritated my eyes every day i’ve Used it. As a contact wearer, that is no bueno plus my baby lashes continue to look short and not volumized. I will have to pass on this. Will NOT buy again

on 1/27/2019 12:26:00 PM

Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium

I got this with high expectations based on all the hype and reviews, well I was severely disappointed ! I found it too wet and clumpy, no matter what, I could not get this to work for me. in the trash it went.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I bought this in the waterproof version because I'm searching for a truly smudge proof mascara that won't budge for 10+ hours. This was highly recommended by the SA at Ulta. The only good thing I can say about this product is that it stays put, so well in fact that I have trouble removing it at the end of the day. But that's where the good ends. The brush is HUGE, and I have to scrape so much excess product off the wand before I apply to my lashes. To do otherwise would result in a clumpy god awful mess. It's a wet formula as well, it pulls my curl out as soon as I pull it through my lashes. Doesn't seem to offer much in the way of length, and the volume isn't that impressive either. Altogether a lacklustre product that I'll not repurchase nor recommend to others. My hunt continues...

on 1/24/2019 11:49:00 AM

I got this on sale for about $6. I'm so glad I didn't pay much because I do not like it at all. Thick and goopy, messy to apply. Has a clumpy "spider legs" effect. Also smudges badly. I will be trashing this!

on 1/17/2019 5:45:00 PM

Super disappointed In this mascara. At this price range I was expecting Atleast decent. Right from the start it was clumpy and the applicator is pointless. I would rather spend more for a decent mascara that doesn’t put me in s situation where I have to restart my makeup application process. When L’Oréal has decent mascaras, they don’t stay fresh after a week usually. I don’t recommend.

on 1/17/2019 4:43:00 PM

To me, it's an overhyped clumpy mess. Transfers all over my upper and lower lid. (you would think I'm related to some raccoons, but at least the raccoons can pull this look off) I had to check my eyes constantly for smudges and every time there I was a raccoon wannabe.
The brush is ok, but not great, can't wait to use it up, I won't ever get it again. I miss my all time favorite L'Oreal "Lash out" mascara.

on 1/12/2019 5:04:00 PM

I really like this mascara! I've repurchased it a couple of times and I'm not planning on switching to another one anytime soon! Great price, beautiful packaging and good result. I have thick long hair and thick dark eyebrows, but my eyelashes are a different story...neither long nor thick. Or especially dark for that matter....Any mascara that I've tried before (only drugstore) has been a hopeless case for me, until i tried this one. It's easy to apply and gives my lashes both lenght and volume. It doesnt flake and rarely smudges. The only downside is that it dries out in the bottle quite quickly so you need to repurchase it. And also, I wear contacts but there's been no problem or reaction with this mascara.

on 12/28/2018 3:28:00 PM

Umm... wtf? I’m Confused as to why this is so hyped up. I bought this yesterday at ulta and put it on today. I looked in the mirror a bit ago and gasped at how I look like I have no lashes. My natural lashes are decent, I use coconut oil to take my makeup off so I think they’ve grown a bit because of that. This mascara is very thin/dry. So yes no Clumps because of that which is a plus I suppose but I also have a metal mascara comb I use. I get no volume or length with this. My lashes look scrawny and blackened. Not a fan at all, taking this back Tomorrow. I prefer my $4 lash princess from essence.

on 12/27/2018 7:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

My new HG mascara, and I'm incredibly picky! This gives me the fake lash effect I love and makes me look like I have a million lashes. Less is more with this as the formula is quite wet so it's easy to overdo it - I find there's enough on the brush to do both eyes without going back into the tube, whereas I'd usually need 2 or 3 brushes worth to achieve my desired look with other mascaras.

The size of the brush makes it a bit difficult to get into the corners of my eyes and towards the end of the day I do get some little flakes under my eyes, but those are the only (very minor) downsides for me. Best drugstore mascara I've found and probably rivals higher end ones too.