L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Lash Paradise Mascara

L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Lash Paradise Mascara

3.3

Hmmmm.

I bought this to wear with the Lash Primer, I liked the primer but not so much the mascara.

I don't use mascara much but using it more these days. I found this to be clumpy and sticky and took awhile to dry. Even without the primer it made my lashes sick together. It helped when I combed the lases out.

The black color was good, and they were longer for sure, but just meh.

on 3/17/2019 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This was a fail! One of the worst mascaras I have ever tried. It is super dry and does nothing...after a few hours it slides. I would have returned it if I hadn’t lost my receipt!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Here in Europe they only had L’Oréal paradise extatic, I really wanted to try lash paradise hearing good things about it, but that’s what you get, shop girls assured me that this is ‘it’, so I bought it. Had high expectations, in reality it is so smudgy clumpy mess, crumbling from your lashes after couple of hours. Maybe only original lash paradise in USA works, who knows.

on 2/23/2019 7:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I'll have to make a note not to keep trying volumizing mascaras with huge wands, I think, no matter how much hype they get. They're just not my kind of mascara.

This one is pretty nice, as volumizing mascaras with huge wands go, but I have the world's puniest lashes and I want definition, separation and curl above all else. After that length, that's nice to have, and at the bottom of the list comes volume. Most volumizing mascaras clump up too much on me. That can work on more substantial lashes, to be sure, but I just end up looking like I have five short, clumpy lashes. This one is fine for layering, when I can be bothered. But it doesn't hold a curl well, which means that I have to use one that does first, and I have to wipe off nearly everything from the wand before applying. In the end, when I can actually be bothered to layer mascaras I tend to just put on a modest pair of falsies instead. In other words: I can see how this one would work for a lot of people, and I don't hate it, I just don't find myself reaching for it. Mine is probably expired and should be chucked.

Worth a try if volumizing mascaras with huge wands ARE your kind of mascara.

on 2/22/2019 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is one of the worst mascaras I have ever used. It's incredibly clumpy and very difficult to comb the clumps out. Never travel with this or take it to the gym unless you plan on packing an eyelash comb. It also only lasts for about 2 months before becoming so sticky, it's impossible to apply. So while it's a drugstore product, the price per usable ounce is high. If you have sparse lashes, it might give some nice volume because it is so sticky, otherwise, it's better to skip this one. I will never buy this again.

on 2/21/2019 8:39:00 AM

I just bought this on sale at my local drugstore. I like it. Usually brand new mascaras are too wet and smudges a lot but this one doesn't. Gives you length and volume, i would say length over volume but you still get some drama.
It's not HG but it's a good, solid mascara. The regular price is a bit high though, around 12-13$ in Canada because it is new. I would pay 10 like the older mascaras they still have.

4/5 for me

on 2/13/2019 7:27:00 AM

This quickly has become my go-to mascara. It's one of the few that does not leave me with dark circles-panda eyes. It thickens so well. It lengthens quite well. I think it gives me pretty dramatic, dark lashes. I use it in the blackened brown. I don't like black mascara on me, so that works really well. The only negative for me is that I do have to replace the tube more often than I do with other mascaras I have used in the past. It thickens and dries up quite quickly, in my experience, getting clumpy on the wand. So I just watch for coupons and sales, which are frequent and plentiful, and stock up then. So it's not too bad. It's really worth the extra trouble for me, because I really love this mascara. This and Benefit's They're Real are the only two mascaras I use these days. And this is much cheaper.

on 2/13/2019 5:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

The mascara choice is something personal, that's why I am not surprised by the bad comments. For reference, I have thin, blonde, pale and straight lashes and I like flamboyant lashes. I used to (maybe still) like high-end mascaras such as Chanel Volume, YSL Faux Cils and Lancome Hypnose Drama. This one hasn't let me down and it is more affordable. I've used it at least six times (the waterproof version too, which doesn't live up to its claims like this one) and I'll go on using.

on 2/10/2019 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is good if you love dramatic lashes. It can veer a bit too clumpy for my tastes, but not too bad. I like that I can get quick volume with two coats. I tend to prefer a drier formula, but this is more wet. Not as wet as essence lash princess, which I loathed entirely. Some have said the brush is too big. I don’t mind it, probably because I have large eyes. My main issue is that I find it transfers to my brow bone. Slightly annoying. Nyx worth the hype and the purple cg lashblast don’t do this. I’ve also noticed flaking sometimes. I’ll have black spots near my eye or on my cheek. L’oreal mascaras have a tendency to flake on me and this was not the worst I’ve seen. It doesn’t get on my contact lens or irritate my eyes. It dried out fast too. Faster than normal. I go through mascara quick, but this seemed to dry out a couple weeks sooner than expected. Eye drops fixed it, but I will probably need a new mascara at the end of the month. Meaning I only got 2 months of use. I can usually squeeze out another couple of weeks. I love the finished effect but due to the issues mentioned and the fact that l’oreal is not cf will keep me from repurchasing.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Pros: dramatic look, deep colour
Cons: clumpy, flakes continually, wand is difficult to use

I DO NOT RECOMMEND