Avon Clearskin Cleansing Scrub Exfoliant [DISCONTINUED]

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

on 3/19/2005 10:55:00 PM

My staple scrub. Try it! I have all my friends buying it. It leaves skin clean and refreshing. I have been using it for like 10 years. (teens to late twenties)

Scrubby! This has been my staple scrub, the one I deviate from but come back to when whatever it was that I tried didn't measure up. Bright blue, thick, loaded with scrubbery goodness and menthol fresh. I wouldn't reccomend getting this anywhere near your eyes though as the fumes can make you water. Delivers its name. Clear Skin.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This stuff is the real deal. The menthol can be overbearing sometimes but the results are so worth it. It helps get rid of any flakes on my skin including those horrible blemish scars leaving my skin super smooth and primed for my makeup. Probably not the best scrub for sensitive skin though. My one suggestion for improvement is the package, it would be ideal if it came in a pop-up top.

on 2/23/2005 12:14:00 PM

Definitely an above-average facial scrub. My only complaints are the weird blue color and that there are far too much menthol content.

Update: The more I use it, the more I love it. Now I find the menthol content to be very refreshing. Overall, definitely better than even St. Ives' Medicated Apricot Scrub!

on 2/18/2005 7:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I ordered hoping to love it -- for the price, it worked moderately and my skin was smooth afterwards. But if you have sensitive skin like I do, you will soon notice that it is far too harsh for your skin. It contains far too much alcohol and menthol, and it literally burned my face. It stings the eyes upon application. I now use it just between my eyebrows and along the rest of my T-zone on super-oily days. i dont seem to be as sensitive in that area. I would not repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a good 'scrubby' scrub. Probably too scrubby for sensitive types, but perfect for my oily skin. It's a strange electric blue, and I don't like the menthol in the formula, but it's a good basic scrub, and it's easy to find and inexpensive. Works for me, YMMV.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a great scrub. it does the trick and it's super cheap. I love the tingly sensation you get from the menthol. It's my favourite scrub so far.

on 12/31/2004 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Now this is a SERIOUS scrub. I love it! It's a funky blue paste with quite harsh grains, so if you are looking for something gentle, this is NOT it. But if you like a "real" scrub like me, then this is what you want. Menthol smell is a bit much sometimes, (keep away from your eye area, that's for sure!) but it leaves the skin very cool and refreshed. Plus it's super cheap, so all-around this gets my vote for best face scrub.

on 12/12/2004 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really like this stuff. Its bright blue, smells strong. I only need a pea-size amount. It doesnt foam, and leaves your skin feeling 'tingly.' Gets rid of all my dry spots and helps dry up blemishes. Its the best face scrub Ive ever used!

on 12/2/2004 8:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I was tired of wimpy facial scrubs with microbeads that don't do anything. I bought this on a whim and it's great! I just repurchased a lot of four on ebay! This scrub is like a paste and doesn't foam but I mix it with a little J&J Head to Toe for some added foam just so it can go on smoother. I have oily, acne-prone skin and I can really tell a difference after washing my face with this. My face will feel sooooo much smoother! It also leaves your face with a refresing cool/cold feeling for just a little bit which is nice. It comes in a tube and my only gripe is that I wish the top was a flip-top instead of the ones you screw on. I keep a tube in the shower and by the sink and use about every other day.