Avon Clearskin Cleansing Scrub Exfoliant [DISCONTINUED]

Price: $

Price: $

on 1/3/2006 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this scrub, the consistency and texture are just perfect. I wouldn't recommend it to sensitive skin types, because the granules are sharp not rounded and it contains menthol, which could irritate. But for those with normal/combo skin, I think it will work great as an everyday scrub.

Since I bought this before I developed sensitive skin (for some unknown reason) I wasn't too excited about using this. But I didn't want to waste it, so I tried it once. It was alright, I guess. This scrub was a bit harsh on my delicate skin. I felt that if I scrubbed too hard, my skin would break. It also had a "minty" tingle, if you know what I mean. Most people here on MUA seem to like this tingle, but for me, any products with any tingle at all are uncomfortable with my skin. Maybe it's all in my head, and the tingle really isn't doing anything for me. This scrub was blue (random color?) and the grains were (I think) white. The grains were kind of large, perhaps that was why my skin was not happy. Then I used this as a foot scrub, because I thought that since this scrub was antibacterial, it might keep away athlete's foot, for instance. (I do have sweaty feet, but I've never actually had athlete's foot before.) It makes a great foot scrub, and the tingle really "invigorates" your feet (as opposed to my face...) This makes a really great foot scrub, and is HG foot scrub material.

on 11/26/2005 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Absolutely love this - have to agree with all the other raves. And I have forever stuck with just using a washcloth to exfoliate my face. But this stuff is so efficient, easily gets to every area of your face, rinses off easily, AND leaves my skin feeling soft soft soft. I took one lippie off for packaging since it's sometimes hard to use in the shower, and if you don't close tightly it can dry out a bit near the top. Great product!!

on 9/25/2005 12:58:00 PM

Eyes: Violet

Mmmm. That's one mighty scrub!! It exfoliates and provides deep cleansing. Evens skin tone, helps in fighting blemishes. I adore the tingling sensation. I have quite sensitive (combo, acne-prone) skin and it isn't too harsh on my skin. My favourite scrub, along Avene's Gentle exfoliating scrub. I recieved it like a present, but I'll surely buy it when I run out of it. That won't be so soon, I'm using it for 4 months now, I used it on my body, and I'm not half way through yet. hope this helps!

on 8/26/2005 11:35:00 PM

I love how it makes my face tingle after I use it. And my skin feels so much softer afterwards. The grains aren't huge so it doesn't feel like I'm scrubbing away the top layer of skin. I bought it on sale and it's usually only 4 bucks so I'd buy it again.

on 8/16/2005 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this! I use it all over my body and I buy 3 or 4 at a time.

This is my Holy Grail of all scrubs! And, I have tried them all. This stuff is amazing. It's dirt cheap, super effective, yet not too harsh. It's the perfect scrub for me. Some women with very sensitive skin might find it too abrasive. However, I LOVE that it's as grainy as it is. It gives a mild, refreshing menthol tingle and leaves my face so clean, smooth and polished. It's also antibacterial so it's killing any germs that could potentially cause breakouts. My complexion is super-duper clear and healthy. This scrub, in combination with Obagi, has made my skin so clear and even toned that I don't even wear foundation anymore. My skin just naturally glows all on its own. I get compliments on my clear, makeup-free complexion all the time. (Check out my pictures and see the results.) Thank you Avon! It's so liberating and wonderful to wake up with great skin and not to have to hide behind a mask.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This stuff is so great! I was so hooked on St. Ives Medicated Apricot Scrub & then I tried this. This is so much better, & it feels so nice & fresh during & after use. Also seems to be a more gentle scrub that St. Ives.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

The granules are too large to use anywhere on the face or body. It is like massaging chunks of pumice on your skin. That can't be a good thing. I don't like to waste product, but I am not even going to finish this tube up.

This is not a fine-grained scrub. It's more like scrubbing your face with sand, which I find is the only way to get real results. If you're sensitive, beware. This product has an anti-bacterial in it, which keeps eruptions at bay, especially important after scrubbing off the top layer of your skin! My skin is clear for days after using this. Avon/mark does not test on animals.