Avon Clearskin Cleansing Scrub Exfoliant [DISCONTINUED]

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Wow! This really impressed me. It makes my skin so soft and I love the cooling sensation it leaves. Thanks to MUA, I've found another great product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is the GREATEST product!!!!!
I love it!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

My review is for the Clearskin Invigorating Cleansing Scrub (Antiseptic Cleanser) and I agree with the other reviewers who mentioned this is more of a scrub than cleanser. It reminds me of Cliniques (now discontinued) Emergency Mask (from years and years ago - the gritty blue one). I recommend using this over clean, slightly damp skin as a wonderful scrub. After rinsing, my adult, acne prone skin is soft and clean. I love this scrub!

on 6/4/2007 1:08:00 AM

I've been using this product for over 15 years. As a teenager with oily skin, this was the only exfoliant that minimized blackheads and acne. I was allergic to many benzoyl peroxide products. This doesn't contain any yet controlled acne.
As an adult, I use this scrub once a week and it still leaves my face feeling clean and fresh.

Be warned that this is not a gentle/mild scrub. It is definitely a scrubbing exfoliant and works very well at scrubbing.

on 4/29/2007 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I love this product. I also have clinique exfoliating scrub and the consistency is very similiar to this. This comes out like a blue paste that does not lather but provides small scrubs with a mint-like refreshing feel and smell. There is an anti-bacterial in this, and I believe that is why my face looks so refreshing, clear, and mark-free. My pores are now smaller and this rids my skin of all bacteria build up so my face is totally clean. This is similar if not better than high end scrubs like the clinique. I will definitely be repurchasing. I recommend washing your face with a gentle cleanser to remove makeup first and then use this product to exfoliate.

on 3/25/2007 1:23:00 PM

Another great product from Avon. I agree w/the previous review: this deep cleansing facial scrub reminds me of a better version of Lush Ocean Salt. I highly recommend it, worth every single penny!!!

I have to explain about my skin first: it LOVES to be exfoliated like some women love John Wayne--"gentle," "massaging," "light," wimpy soft stuff--need not apply. Even chemical exfoliators don't do the trick; my skin wants something short of a brillo-pad. I should also mention, especially because skin stuff is more personal and it helps to know about the person's skin who's reviewing, that mine is normal-to-dry, has (thankfully) very few problems, and isn't that sensitive. And I don't wear a lot of make-up.

Don't let the brillo-pad comment turn you off, because this scrub is amazing. I used it all the time as a teenager, then found it was briefly discontinued years ago, wandered around aimlessly in beauty land substituting Lush's Ocean Salt (which is a decent substitute, but much more expensive) until I found out Avon brought it back. Even though I'm now 10 years older, my skin still loves it and tells me so by glowing fresh like never before. The scrub comes out blue and feels medicinal on the skin--icy cold sort of menthol feel, which prompts me to caution that if you have really sensitive skin, it may not be right for you. But for me, it's definitely a HG and thank God--a HG at less than $5 a tube.

on 3/7/2007 3:16:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this stuff!! Ice blue, tingly face scrub that feels great when you wash your face! I use this most after I workout because it makes my face feels really clean after I've been sweating. I love the menthol-y smell of it too. Super cheap! I paid $2.15 for it when it was on sale! Tube is kind of small but seems to last forever. Not too scrubby but just scrubby enough. Might be too much for sensitive skin people!

on 11/20/2006 5:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Wow what a surprise from Avon!I'm in luuurve with this scrub.I feel like I'm in heaven everytime I use this.First of all,it works great as a scrub period!But beware this is on the harsh side if you have sensitive skin.But I like my scrubs/exfoliants that way so this is not a problem. I don't feel cleansed with those mask like exfoliants or those gentle,everyday scrubs. This is just perfect,cleanse well and leaves my face smooth and glowy and the minty fresh sensation it leaves on my skin is absolutely the best part of using this scrub. The price is ridiculous and it's always on sale once in a while.It's the one and only product I like from Clearskin line tho.Two thumbs up,I used up my first tube and I'll order another one a few days later.

on 8/23/2006 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Wow this stuff is super awesome I just love it! I've never enjoyed cleansing my face so much! I just love the micro scrubbies and the cooling sensation i get while exfoliating. Then after I wash it off my face feels so smooth, clean, and cool. I feel so refreshed after using this and I love the minty smell!