Deciem The Ordinary Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA

Deciem The Ordinary Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA
The Ordinary Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA

3.7

Aqua (Water), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetyl Alcohol, Propanediol, Stearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Arginine, Aspartic Acid, Glycine, Alanine, Serine, Valine, Isoleucine, Proline, Threonine, Histidine, Phenylalanine, Glucose, Maltose, Fructose, Trehalose, Sodium PCA, PCA, Sodium Lactate, Urea, Allantoin, Linoleic Acid, Oleic Acid, Phytosteryl Canola Glycerides, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Lecithin, Triolein, Tocopherol, Carbomer, Isoceteth-20, Polysorbate 60, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Pentylene Glycol, Triethanolamine, Sodium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.

on 7/12/2018 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love the serums from The Ordinary so thought I would give this moisturizer a go. It was pretty average to be honest. Didn't moisturize anywhere enough for my skin, but in saying that it is winter where I live so it could be partly why.
But it also didn't look good under my makeup, it made my foundation look a bit feathery or something and no amount of blending would smooth it out. Also it didn't leave my skin feeling nice, over all this moisturizer is nothing special.

a very good basic moisturizer, with few problematic ingredients. It applies best after showering/washing your face and does fine after layering sun screen ontop. If you dont want anything expensive or fancy, this is a good way to go.

on 6/20/2018 10:09:00 AM

I'm not as enamoured with this as I am with their serums. To give credit where it's due, this comes in a 100g squeezy tube which takes some time to use up completely. I also didn't find it worsened my pre-existing issues with adult acne.

However, the finish on this is quite heavy - it leaves a shiny slippery layer on the skin, which is too much for my already oily skin. I was drawn in by the natural moisturising factor thing - amino acids and other things found naturally in healthy well-moisturised skin. Thought it would help my skin look super hydrated and glowy; sadly just made me look a little like I'd sprayed my face with butter. For this reason, I only ever use it at night now. I won't re-order once it's gone.

on 5/20/2018 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm not sure why I thought this would work for my acne prone skin, I guess the price seemed right, but whatever reason I decided to try it, this just was not at all a good moisturizer for me.

This broke me out within just 6 hours of trying it. It wasn't even just red bumps but actual white bumps in about 4 or 5 places. Also this just sat on top of my skin and never did fully absorb. I actually couldn't even apply my makeup after using it. I wasn't leaving the house that day thank goodness, or I would've had to wash my face to apply makeup. Right out of the tube the consistency is quite thick but also mousse-y. (It kind of reminds me of a face wash from Clinique I used to use, It was actually a makeup remover and cleanser, but in a tube.) When applying It takes a second to turn clear as you're rubbing it in. Not like a regular cream but more like a body butter.

So my first thought was this would be a good night time moisturizer after an acid toner or retinol, or maybe a winter time moisturizer. But, unfortunately I won't be trying this again. I actually have given this to my husband because he has dry skin and nothing bothers that man's skin. So it won't be a complete waste.

To be fair I have combo-oily skin that breaks out with almost any hydrating type product. I can only use a handful of moisturizers and they are all gel type moisturizers. If you are normal to dry skin you might really like this, if you're not acne prone. If you are like me and most moisturizers break you out, I would say if you chose to try this, don't try it when you have any type of event coming up soon.

I am kinda bummed that I wasn't able to use this, especially since they are coming out with SPF in this formula, but I am going to try the Etude House Physical SPF and see how it goes. 🤞 If you have oily or acne prone skin I do recommend the Rose Hip Oil from The Ordinary, I use it every night with no issues, and it actually seems to help reduce any spots that decide to pop up. 🥀

on 5/12/2018 10:03:00 PM

I bought this product along with 2 serums, my first products from this brand. I wanted to love it but I don't. It is not moisturizing enough for my skin and it actually leaves it dry not long after and during the day I struggled with discomfort. On application it feels like a sunscreen that leaves you with a white cast as it's very thick. Lastly the package is full of air, so while this is cheap only about two thirds of it is actual product ( the smaller size at least which was the one I bought). I hate it but considering the amount of good reviews it seems to be a good product for other people, just not for me. I now use the Cerave one which I love.

A competent face moisturizer with minimal problematic ingredients
I have skin sensitivity to most companies face lotions and i can't put my finger on what exactly is causing it so a simple lotion is whats best for my face. Its nothing fancy but you can add other actves to it

I haven't tried using this in the winter which is where the test would really begin, however, I have been using it for a few days in the spring over various actives and other skincare and I quite like it. My guess is that for someone like me with drier skin who lives in the northern US it would not be nearly enough on its own, but maybe for layering. It seems really thick but completely absorbs. It leaves a really nice matte, sort of shimmery/dewy finish that I like a lot. It would probably be great to use before putting on makeup, although I have yet to try it myself.

EDIT: Decided I'm not a huge fan. Not super moisturizing, doesn't spread super well, and when I use it my skin just looks unhappy...sort of oily and dull with a lot of redness. Tried TO squalane for the first time the other day and seems more promising for my skin.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

I am tentatively excited about this product, tentative because I've only used it for a week so far. My skin is sensitive to a lot of things, including dimethicone. Dimethicone works fine for most people which is why a large number of moisturisers have it. For me though, it causes small breakouts, and that makes finding the right moisturiser VERY hard. Most moisturisers without this ingredient tend to be far above what I'm willing to spend. Then there's this one! It doesn't irritate my skin and is unbelievably cheap. Most Myers in Sydney stock them, so I don't have to worry about ordering online, too.

Only downside is that it's not as moisturising as I'd like it to be, so I'm currently on the look out for a moisturising toner (that also doesn't break me out).

I have combination skin and find this moisturizes effectively without ever breaking me out. It's unscented and not irritating. The ingredients seem legit. It's also non-greasy and doesn't leave you with oily, shiny skin, so it's great if you're about to apply makeup. Best of all, it's incredibly inexpensive, less expensive even than the moisturizers I used to buy at the drugstore, which is crazy. This stuff is legit bargain bin cheap. I honestly don't have a con for this one except that I have to order it online.

ETA: I took a lippie off this review because I'm finding it's insufficient for moisturizing my dry skin in the winter. The flakes were just unmanageable until I switched to heavier moisturizers this week (Impruv cream in morning, TO Squalane at night). Will resume using the Deciem NMF in the summer. Would def still recommend for normal to oily skinned people, though. Leaving "buy again" at Yes, because I don't know if it'll be realistic to find a moisturizer that's ideal for both winter and summer.

on 4/2/2018 8:34:00 AM

This moisturiser is thick in texture, but not in feel. I used it for a couple of weeks, it has not irritated my sometimes sensitive skin or caused any breakouts. However, it just isn't that moisturising. My skin suffers from surface dryness if I don't hydrate very well, and this product is not enough. I'll use up the (huge) tube but will need to supplement with something else. Won't repurchase. If you don't need lots of hydration you might like this, and it's a good price.