NYX Professional Makeup Epic Ink Liner

NYX Professional Makeup Epic Ink Liner

3.7

Taken from NYX Cosmetics Website: Water/Aqua/Eau, Propylene Glycol, Acrylates/Ethylhexyl Acrylate Copolymer, Laureth-21, Acrylates/Dimethylaminoethyl Methacrylate Copolymer, C11-15 Pareth-7, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Ammonium Acrylates Copolymer, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Caprylyl Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR ( /-): Black 2 (CI 77266).

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I usually use a pencil liner so this took some getting use to its very precise, you need a steady hand. I applied a little powder under it to keep it in place. You don't need to pull a little on the eye like I find myself doing with pencil liners so I like that, I would buy it again, I paid $6.50 for it.

on 6/6/2018 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Solid eyeliner that is cheap, black as sin and precise. I got this at Target and have been wearing it all week. Very impressed with this so far, I do not need a liquid liner to be waterproof as I only use it on the top line. I will purchase this again and again.

on 5/29/2018 11:40:00 PM

My all-time favorite is Kat Von D's Ink liner, but the NYX Epic Ink Liner is an acceptable, more affordable option with a similar felt tip. It doesn't stay on my oily lids quite as much, so if I expect to have a long day I'll go for the Kat Von D. I've yet to find anything that comes close.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

This eyeliner was suggested to be as an acceptable dupe for Kat von D's Tattoo liner, and I believe it is. It's not as long lasting as Tattoo liner, but it has good pigment, is widely available, and only costs 1/3 of Kat von D's.

I still prefer the Tattoo liner , but I would repurchase the NYX version again if I run out (Kat von D is very hard to find where I live).

on 4/4/2018 4:26:00 PM

I loved this eyeliner for the first several uses - easy to use, dark pigmented color -- but then something happened where the formula turned to black water - it makes a huge mess of my lids - spreading and settling into fine lines and spidering out of control - the precision is great but I have no use for precision that doesn't STAY WHERE I PUT IT.

on 3/29/2018 6:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I had high hopes for a dupe for Stila’s waterproof liquid liner. This isn’t it. The NYX formula is too watery and doesn’t last long. It also isn’t waterproof so I don’t know why they claim that it is. The good things are that the felt tip brush is very nice and makes it easy to get precise lines. Also it’s a beautiful inky black with lots of pigment. But what good is that kind of pigmentation if it doesn’t last?!

I don' knowt if I love it because the last liner I had was horrific but it does go on easily and is opaque on first stroke. It also lasts a solid 8 hours without touch ups and without it transferring, I was very pleased and would definitely purchase again or go higher end with NYX in liners. Worth at a good price.

on 3/19/2018 10:29:00 AM

I love the Kat Von D eyeliner. I have been looking for a cost-effective dupe and have heard this would be the droid I was looking for. Unfortunately, it was not. The NYX Epic liner certainly is epic, an epic fail... I used the NYX Epic Ink Liner only once and will never use it again.

the GOOD: The brush tip applicator is very nice. I also noticed that the formulation, like others, have mentioned, did not irritate the eye. I have watery eyes that are easily irritated and this did not irritate them at all. Once dry, the eyeliner was pretty long wearing from what I could tell from a hand swatch.

the BAD/ the UGLY: The formula of the NYX Epic Ink Liner is VERY thin. Upon application, I immediately noticed that I was probably going to have to go back to the places where applied because it was not dark enough for my liking. While trying to decide whether this would still work, I noticed the eyeliner was starting to spread. To my horror, I found out that not only was the formulation thin but I had small barely visible cracked looking wrinkles in my eyelids. I have never seen an eyeliner do this before... I literally didn't even know these fine lines were there. Thanks eyeliner for being a waste of money and pointing out more reasons I should be insecure about my aging eyelids. If you're over 30, be afraid!

The bottom line, I will never purchase anything except the Kat Von D due to the mental trauma this has caused. LOL...cry.

on 2/16/2018 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have to tell you that I am not a fan of liquid eyeliner. My drawing is terrible so I try a pencil first and then use this liner on top. This is highly recommended over Kat Von and L’Oreal. My left eye is super sensitive and 9 out of 10 eye makeup make it irritated. This product is super gentle and lasting. It is also very pigmented. I am very happy with this and will buy it again.

This is my favourite liner I’ve tried so far. Really black and pigmented, easy to make a thin line/flick with, and a handy brush tip applicator and it lasts ALL DAY. The only issue I have with it is that it’s kind of finicky. I don’t know if it’s because I’m storing it wrong but some days the ink comes out less pigmented, or bleeds whilst applying, or too much product comes out of the tip. On it’s good days, it’s honestly the most perfect liner ever. But I would suggest buying 2 of them at once if possible (maybe with a 2 for 1 sale or something) just in case one is acting up you still have a back up.