Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%
The Ordinary productsThe Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

3.5

10 Niacinamide and 1 Zinc PCA Ingredients list: Aqua (Water), Niacinamide, Pentylene Glycol, Zinc PCA, Tamarindus Indica Seed Gum, Xanthan Gum, Isoceteth-20, Ethoxydiglycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.

on 3/26/2018 3:55:00 AM

I really wanted to like this product, but it gave me horrible cystic acne.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I was really excited about this product from all the reviews and raves. Recently I only have had few a cystic pimple here and there and hyperpigmentation from them. However, this product broke me out in several small pimples which I have not done for a year and in places I usually do not break out. At first, I was hoping it was skin turnover however my skin was not getting any better and so I stopped. I really wanted to like ordinary products as they were cheap.

on 3/20/2018 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I purchased this after reading about The Ordinary products online, and finding it on sale at Priceline.

I don't use it every day, as I alternate between this and my Glycolic Souffle. I've noticed a remarkable improvement in my skin texture and a reduction in the number of spots I get. I use it before I put on my moisturiser in the evening, but have also used it during the day. It spreads quite thin and you don't need a lot. If you put too much on, it can feel a bit drying and funny.

There's a bit of a smell, but that disappears quite quickly.

I have taken to recommending this to friends who are looking for a cheap, do-it-all product. Give it a go and if you don't like it, all you've wasted is $10.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm going through my 3rd bottle. I love this product and all the other products from The ordinary I tried until now.
I got a real skincare routine after experiencing some hormonal breakouts. I'm also taking evening primrose oil supplements, so I think my skin got better because I adopted a holistic approach.
Nevertheless, this was the first product I tried from the brand, and I felt an improvement: my pores are less visible, less clogged, my skin is more bright and a little less oily, more even. So I will be getting another bottle. This one stays.

on 3/13/2018 7:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This seems to be the only thing that keeps my hormonal acne at bay without irritating my skin. I only apply it to the lower half of my face though as I find it dries my skin just a tad. Highly recommend this product and I hope they never discontinue.

on 3/13/2018 12:21:00 AM

Love it. Every morning 4 drops mixed in day moisturiser and that’s it, never had a better skin!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I depend on this serum to keep my skin clear. As a hormonal acne sufferer, I discovered a while back that niacinamide is kind of a wonder drug for me, especially because my skin has developed a sensitivity to acids. Zinc is also awesome for calming irritation, which I get a lot of, so it's actually a great combo. I use this product every morning under rosehip oil and moisturizer. It helps with inflammation, redness, and acne, all of which are major issues for me.
Honestly what makes this product my go to is in part the price, but also the fact that it's silicone and oil free, so everything I put on top of it has a chance to work, too. The formula is really, really basic, so it plays well with a variety of textures -- just don't mix with vitamin C! All in all, I highly recommend this, and if you're still not convinced, for the price it's a worthy gamble.

on 3/11/2018 2:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I already knew niacinamide worked well for me so I won't touch on that aspect much (helps redness, smaller pores). I was using the Paula's Choice booster. In comparison, this is much stickier and thicker. I thought I wouldn't like the consistency but it sinks in quickly and I put makeup on over it fine in the mornings. I use this morning and night and I use it closest to my skin in my routine. I swipe the dropped across my forehead, each cheek, nose, and chin. I also appreciate the added zinc so I don't have to get that from another product.

on 3/7/2018 1:05:00 AM

This product completely changed my life. About 6 months after finishing a course of accutane I started getting hormonal acne on my chin. After using this regularly I do not get any pimples. NONE! Amazing!!! I have not done anything else differently but add this to my routine. Love it.

Like the woman in the picture, my skin has gotten significantly brighter, and if you struggle with large and dark pores, then this is your jam! It brightens them and other reddish discolourations. When you smear it on, your skin will get a little red, but after you’ve slept, next morning the skin is so bright! I recommend really rubbing it in.

I don’t struggle with acne anymore and my skin is on the drier side so I use this with a standard moisturizer on top. I let it dry first for 10-20 minutes and then apply my moisturizer.

I would not use it in the morning as your skin gets sensitive to the sun, and sunscreen only work if you reapply many times throughout the day.

All in all a fave of mine ❤️