Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%
The Ordinary productsThe Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

3.5

10 Niacinamide and 1 Zinc PCA Ingredients list: Aqua (Water), Niacinamide, Pentylene Glycol, Zinc PCA, Tamarindus Indica Seed Gum, Xanthan Gum, Isoceteth-20, Ethoxydiglycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I had given up on The Ordinary. Most of the products I had tried ranged from ok but not great to absolutely awful, and then CEO went nuts on Instagram. Then I began using a moisturizer with a small amount of niacinamide and saw good results, so I began to wonder if I would see even better results with a higher concentration.

I add three or four drops of this to my morning moisturizer (cerave baby moisturizer, also highly recommend). I have noticed my pores are smaller, my face stays matte throughout the day longer, and red spots from pimples take far less time to fade than before. I really like this stuff and will reorder when I run out.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I apply a tiny drop of this to cover my entire face and it helps keep me matte throughout the day. It helps soothe active pimples but I don't believe it does anything to prevent them. This is a great serum. I rotate this with their salicylic acid at night. Will keep buying.

Update: Lately I've been using this in combination with The Ordinary's glycolic acid toner at night and it actually helps soothe and reduce my monthly acne flare ups. I highly recommend this gem :)

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I'm already on my second bottle of this. I have struggled with acne for years. I have used everything you can think of (minus products with BP as I am allergic). I'm 36 and my skin is oily, but dehydrated and clog prone as well as acne prone. I have FINALLY found a routine that seems to be working (*knock on wood*). After make-up removal and cleansing with Clinique TTDO balm and Clean and Clear cleanser I tone with the Tarte Knockout tingling treatment. Once it has time to sit on my skin and dry I then apply 3 drops of this product (one on each cheek and one larger one on my forehead). After I rub this in I top it with the Cerave facial moisturizer for PM (also containing Niacinamide) mixed with a couple drops of The Ordinary Rosehip Seed Oil. I have cultivated my routine thanks to Stefanie Nicole on Youtube and her super informative skin care videos. I highly suggest no matter what type of skin you have you check her out!

on 5/3/2018 12:27:00 PM

i wanted this to work for me soooo much. in theory it should be perfect for dealing with almost all my skin issues, but it broke me out in deep painful cysts withing three days. they disappeared fairly quickly after i stopped using it thankfully, but still. what a bummer.
Aaand so niacinamide was officially added to the long list of holy grail ingredients my face can't handle, right next to aloe vera and madecassoside.
having sensitive skin suuuucks.

I got this little gem with a couple of other "The Ordinary" products a several months ago, because they were cheap and I had heard good things about them.
I have combo oily skin that is prone to hormonal acne and generally looking a bit worse for wear (I'm an RN that works long shifts in a busy paediatric ward, so shift work, air conditioning and exposure to bacteria, viruses and chemicals are all pretty much standard on any given day.)
I wanted to try this purely to see whether it would help with my hormonal acne where other products hadn't and it seemed like a pretty decent 'all round' product.
Initially I hated it. I found it sticky and almost always would pill/ball underneath my fingers when I would put other products like moisturiser or facial oils over it, to the point where I would wash the whole lot off and omit it entirely. Only about 2 months ago did I accidentally stumble on a way to apply it that didn't have me wasting a bunch of products down the sink.
The secret is simply..... TIME.
If you wait 10-15 mins after applying the Niacinamide + Zinc serum before applying anything else you will have 100% less chunky balled bits on your face AND you won't be sticky either. If you're in a hurry in the mornings, I would recommend this as part of your night routine instead because it works way better if you give it a little time and space to sink in and do it's business.
I think it has helped with my time-of-the-month acne, I've not had any breakouts for the past 2 months- not even the odd standalone pimple, my pores look smaller and I am generally less oily over my forehead, nose and chin (The greasy trifecta) and have to blot a lot less throughout the day.

TL:DR -

Yay's!!!
-Less Oily!
-No breakouts/rogue pimples!
-Works well with other serums!
-Possibly smaller/ less noticeable pores!

Nay's:
-Must be left to sink in for at least 10 mins - not part of a fast morning routine.
- Can feel a bit sticky

on 4/30/2018 4:45:00 AM

This serum is so hyped up online but I really don't get why. Been using it for nearly 5 months now, and haven't seen any noticeable reduction in oiliness (in fact, I'm slightly oilier than before) or any textural improvements.

Maaaybe it did help to lighten my pih faster but I'm also using the elf hydrating essence, which contains nicinamide and honestly I saw brightening results only after I added the latter to my routine.

Guess this is ok but no reason to repurchase when so many essences and moisturizers contain nicinamide already

I don't get pimples very often and when I do they're usually pretty small but my skin looks like a mess because even the tiniest pimple that you can barely see leaves a dark mark that seems to last FOREVER.

Since I started using this, I haven't had any zits except for one, which went away before it amounted to anything, and more importantly, it didn't leave a mark!

As for the marks that are already there, this product seemed to fade them a little bit, but I've seen better results in that area since I added Vitamin C back into my routine. I did notice my skin looking brighter and smoother on this product alone.

The first week or two of using this I felt some mild tingling, and it's still a bit drying to the skin. I use this in the morning so I've swapped my day and night creams because of that.

I like the packaging. The little glass bottle is cute and fits nicely in my medicine cabinet. It's easy to control the amount of product you get and nice that you're not fighting with a pump that gets clogged or contaminating the product by sticking your fingers in it. The serum itself is easy to apply quickly and evenly.

I know some people have complained this broke them out but for me it was the total opposite, and since the product is so inexpensive I think it's worth a shot.

on 4/27/2018 8:45:00 PM

I recently began using this product again. I used it a long time ago and thought it to be the cause of some minor breakouts so I stopped and the breakouts stopped, however they have since changed the formula so I thought I'd give it another go. So far I have used this for over two weeks and no pimples or breakouts have occurred. My skin actually looks more clear and bright and I've had no issues so far! I am very happy because I wanted a niacinamide booster so badly and the Paula's Choice one is insanely expensive and unfortunately not vegan. Based on the fact they reformulated the product I would recommend this one for acne-prone skin types. I just add one drop into my serum and it mixes well and leaves no unpleasant feeling or residue when used this way. Absorbs well when mixed into serum/moisturizer only I think.

I ordered this as a last resort for hormonal adult acne since people were recommending it. It made it even worse! My face was completely full of whiteheads and under the skin rough texture bumps. I let my teenage daughter use it since it didn’t work for me. It also broke her out all over her forehead with the rough texture bumps. Horrible! Do not recommend!!!

I feel that I've given this a fair shot. It's a good value if you can't afford something better. But it's not as good as Paula's Choice niacinamide booster. Hers costs more, but sometimes you get what you pay for.