Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%
The Ordinary productsThe Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

3.5

10 Niacinamide and 1 Zinc PCA Ingredients list: Aqua (Water), Niacinamide, Pentylene Glycol, Zinc PCA, Tamarindus Indica Seed Gum, Xanthan Gum, Isoceteth-20, Ethoxydiglycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.

on 7/30/2018 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this product a few days ago because my acne was getting really bad. After two days of using this, my acne definitely cleared up. I followed the directions and applied it morning and night after I washed my face. But today I felt that my skin had this dry feel to it. I looked at my mirror and saw that my skin was flaky. I'm not sure if it's because I used it too often or that I did not put on a moisturizer after that. I'm disappointed that it made my skin dry.

on 7/30/2018 9:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I don't think this product does anything for my skin. I read beforehand that one should not use if with Vit C as it cancels out this product. After more than a month of use I don't see any difference in my skin.

I read somewhere that the brand does not always use the same supplier? As such each bottle used can be different? This is a bit concerning if true.

Won't repurchase this.

on 7/26/2018 11:29:00 PM

Nope. No thanks. I used it for the first time last night and now 24 hours later I have large, painful pimples all over my face. It's my first time trying a product from The Ordinary and I still have 2 more sitting on my bathroom counter I'm terrified to try.

on 7/26/2018 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I credit this product for helping to clear up a particularity nasty cystic acne breakout in the spring of 2017. I used this product religiously for months, but I may have developed a sensitivity to Niacinamide during my months of heavy heavy use. Some others have had issues with this product causing breakouts, so YMMV. Assuming I am not actually sensitive to niacinamide, I may give this product another go.

on 7/26/2018 11:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This product, when used all over my face, made me break out badly. However, if I just dab a bit on the sun spots on my face, I have great luck with it. I've been using it since January 2018 and I have seen the dark spots become lighter over time. It isn't miraculous, you won't see a difference in one day, but it definitely works and the price can't be beat.

I won't buy this product again because I plan on trying Deciem's RE: Pigment next to see how it works on the dark spots on my face.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I want to start by saying that I have never reviewed a skincare product before. I have always been a lurker, but the time has come for me to give back to the community :)

My skin type is normal, and I don't really get that many spots besides the monthly harbinger of Aunt Flo. But as my darker-skinned sisters will know, these spots leave black scars that take months, sometimes years, to fade.

Previously I have used Murad (eek! not good for my bank account) and lemon juice (it worked okay but I stopped using it after I learnt how damaging it was for my skin). They made a little bit of difference. I really, really wanted to find something that would banish my black PIH once and for all because I hate being this insecure about my skin and reliant on expensive makeup made by unethical companies. So I gave the Ordinary's pigmentation regime a try, exactly as recommended on the website. I have been religiously using these little potions for the past four months or so. Besides Niacinamide, these are MAP, Azelaic Acid and Alpha Arbutin. I have been using them together so this review is for the combination.

You can see a before and after pic on my profile, taken three months apart. The proof is in the pudding as they say! I am so happy to have found this brand. I never used to leave the house without heavy coverage foundation and concealer even to buy groceries...and now I do!

My full routine:
AM
Wash face with Kobi San soap (also a HG for me now with lightening properties)
Apply Alpha Arbutin, Niacinamide, MAP, mineral AND chemical sunscreen, makeup

PM
Double cleanse - massage almond oil to dislodge makeup, remove with tissue
Then wash with Kobi San soap
Alpha Arbutin, Azelaic Acid

NB You absolutely MUST use sunscreen at all times, even if you're just lounging about in the house as these products WILL make your skin extra sensitive to the sun and if you don't protect adequately, the pigmentation will get even darker. I use two different ones together, one with physical UV filters and a chemical one. Physical sunscreen does not need to be reapplied but can easily be rubbed off, and chemical sunscreen needs to be reapplied every two hours but doesn't rub off. So I combine them together.

Also, I did get a few large painful cystic acne about a month or so after I began using the Ordinary but they stopped, and imo it was a small price to pay for literally having my face transformed.

on 7/23/2018 7:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have never had issues with niacinimide before, but this burnt my face. I had some minor irritation the first time I tried it. I waited two days and reapplied again last night with HA serum and moisturizer over top. I literally had to get up at 1 am and wash my face. My skin is red and hugely irritated (not breakouts, not an allergic rash, just red and burnt with little dry patches all over what had been really good skin). Despite what they say, this is clearly not suitable for sensitive skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was drawn to The Ordinary due to a friends recommendation, and also the low price attracted me! I really enjoyed using this serum. It made my skin feel smooth and look radiant. My pore size looks smaller after using this for a month, and fine lines are plumped. It is a really fluid light serum, and I use it under my day moisturizer and SPF. Love this product!

i am very fair with redness in my cheeks and chin that even most foundations dont cover, as well as some enlarged pores on the left side of my nose. after using this for a bit over a month i can see a big change in the redness i was having and well as the fact that my pores are less noticable! my only caution is that if you are laying over this serum you must PAT and not rub, or it will pill. I am happy i no longer feel the need to wear liquid foundations to cover my cheeks! a powder works just fine for me now, when i feel like it ;)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Using this as a serum didn't do anything for me, not for pores and not for oiliness. However, when using on the odd blemish, it does help to flatten and calm down, however if you dab too much it will be visible as a white smudge once dried, which you can get away with overnight, but during the day - not so much! Previously I was using Paula's Choice Glycolic 10% but this was too harsh for bumps behind the ears/back of neck, it would irritate them more, unlike The Ordinary Niacinamide + Zinc which is gentle enough for sensitive areas. For this alone I would re-purchase.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I love trying out new stuff all the time - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
4. Cleanser: 'Aveda' - Purifying Gel Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream