Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%
The Ordinary productsThe Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

3.5

10 Niacinamide and 1 Zinc PCA Ingredients list: Aqua (Water), Niacinamide, Pentylene Glycol, Zinc PCA, Tamarindus Indica Seed Gum, Xanthan Gum, Isoceteth-20, Ethoxydiglycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.

Je souffre d'acné kystique, de points noirs et de taches blanches. Je viens juste de commencer à l'utiliser avec quelques-uns de leurs produits. Je peux officiellement dire que ce produit est le meilleur traitement spot / points noirs / pores que j'ai jamais utilisé. même après seulement quelques jours d'utilisation :).
L'étiquette de prix de ce produit m'a rendu très sceptique des critiques que j'ai lues car il était si bon marché pour ce qu'il prétend. Mais peut officiellement dire qu’il fait ce qu’il est indiqué sur la bouteille… les taches sont apparues plus souvent sur mon menton, mais si l’on lit ce produit, il est dit qu’elles peuvent s’aggraver avant d’éclaircir les choses. Une fois les spots supprimés, ils disparaissent en une journée au lieu de durer plus d'une semaine.
Je recommanderais ce produit à quiconque souffre de boutons ou de points noirs. Cela a même amélioré mes pores.

on 10/9/2018 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Skin type: Sensitive, acne prone, oily skin.

I had a terrible breakout with this one. My entire face was full with pimples! It was crazy. It broke me out within 7 days of using it (day and night).

on 10/5/2018 2:14:00 AM

I’m not entirely sure what this does for me. It hasn’t faded any scars but my skin appears more even and less red. But that might be the result of my other products. I do feel like my pores get congested faster when I use this on consecutive nights.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have been looking for this product for so long after reading such good reviews about it. I found one in Myer and bought it straight away! I've been using it for a week and have noticed that it faded acne scars and other discoloration on my face. It's so much cheaper compared to other products so it's definitely a MUST BUY. 10/10!

on 9/28/2018 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

overall: 8.5/10

This is the kind of skincare product that I think has made a difference, but I won't know for sure until I stop using it. This was given to me by a friend who had a bad reaction to it. A lot of users on Reddit have reported adverse reactions to this product, so I was prepared for stinging and irritation. However, I experienced neither. I don't have acne-prone skin at all, so I wasn't expecting any results. What I believe this has done is really smoothed my skin and given it a 'clear' appearance. I wouldn't repurchase it because I don't think I need it, but I'm glad I tried it.

on 9/26/2018 6:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I bought this after hearing rave reviews for acne. I however had a bad experience. It gave me cystic acne that I assumed was a purge initially, but after a few weeks of use there was no improvement. As soon as I stopped my skin cleared, other than the usual hormonal breakouts related to my cycle. I have since swapped this out for the salycilic acid 2% and along with the hyaluronic acid I have been using the whole time, I've definitely noticed an improvement in my skin.

So for those who this product gives those cystic pimples (seems to be a few), try the salycilic acid and hyaluronic acid.

My husband did try this product though and noticed an improvement in his skin, but we don't know if it's the niacinamide or the hyaluronic acid.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Well. That did nothing. I started getting a bit of acne and overall redness on my skin, and was recommended this product by a friend. Nothing happened after about a month of use. Stopped using it and my skin felt more moisturised, I guess that really says it all.

on 9/19/2018 11:05:00 AM

I’m fairly new to paying attention to my skin when I began to develop red patches. When I first started using this it really did a number—I was red and burning and in pain. Basically the same reaction that so many other people seem to get. Coincidentally, I was also trying another product developed by a dermatologist that came with extensive instructions about introducing it slowly as you should with any new product. So I did with this one too and sure enough I now tolerate it well and it’s taken care of any redness on my face. The redness returned when I stopped using it for a bit and disappeared when I started again. I’m now on my fourth bottle.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I heard great things about this product and opted to buy it after using and being pleased with some of their other direct acids and primers.

However, this product doesn't do much for me at all.. in fact, my face starts peeling almost immediately. As I'm introducing it to my skin, can see where it's beginning to dry and peel and that's not good. I'm sure it's due to the high concentration, but I mix it with mild lotion to dilute it down.

I used it Monday night (Sept. 17, 2018) and I plan on throwing it out.

on 9/18/2018 9:16:00 AM

Sadly this product is way too sticky and very difficult to apply.
Although it does contain two excellent anti-acne and anti-aging actives in a rather unusually high concentration, the formula is too sticky and as mentioned above, not slippery enough to apply or glide on easily.

The water based formula contains mainly water and Pentylene Glycol (humectant) that is thickened by two gums. This already makes the smoothness a bit difficult.
There are two solubilizers used that could have contributed to a more elegant application if used in a higher concentration.

I also believe that using Niacinamide (vitamin B3) in such high concentration as in this product can be highly irritating and would be only recommended to very damaged skin or a thicker more resilient acne-prone skin type that is not sensitive.
Zinc PCA is an effective anti-acne agent but also provides nourishment to skin, however above 0.75% concentration it will do more damage than good.

I can only recommend this product to skin types that are resilient and have visible sun-damage or have moderate acne with a skin type that is not sensitive.
(Severe acne should be treated by prescription drugs or other anti-acne agents such as Benzoyl peroxide.)

Ingredients: 10% Niacinamide and 1% Zinc PCA