Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%
The Ordinary productsThe Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

3.5

10 Niacinamide and 1 Zinc PCA Ingredients list: Aqua (Water), Niacinamide, Pentylene Glycol, Zinc PCA, Tamarindus Indica Seed Gum, Xanthan Gum, Isoceteth-20, Ethoxydiglycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.

on 9/5/2018 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So I jumped on the Ordinary bandwagon and just went crazy. By far, this brand is one of the best skincare finds of the century. Most of the products worked well for me and considering the price, I really don't have any complaints. However, as always, some products work better than others.

This one was middle-of-the-road for me. I think it did calm my skin somewhat and I noticed that I've stopped having acne. However, that could also be due to the retinol. Since I have so many skincare products, more than I can possibly use up, I think I would prefer having niacinamide as part of a different product, instead of having to use one separately (thus increasing the length of my skincare regime.)

I have used up an entire bottle of this in hopes I would see results. Unfortunately, I have not. It doesn’t harm my skin from what I can tell but it also doesn’t benefit me in any way.

on 8/30/2018 11:52:00 AM

This is great, such a good value for money yet super effective. I have really sensitive skin, but at the same time I have been having some problems whit larger pores and some blackheads, and this product made my pores almost completely disappear and my skin cleared up after using it a short while, whiteout irritating my skin. When I run out of it I'm 100% going to buy it again, and I would recommend it to anyone I know.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

For like 3 days I really liked it.., maybe I put too much on.... But like so many other ppl it broke me out. I did see my pores get a bit smaller in that time. But not worth the ten new pimples I have to deal with... I havent has a break out this bad in a long time. Actually so mad I tried this.

on 8/24/2018 4:59:00 PM

I have pretty bad acne on my forehead. The rest of my skin is generally perfect but my forehead is covered in black and white heads with large, painful, red, cystic acne. I bought a selection from the ordinary and it's really worked for me and I think mainly because of this. I only use it on my forehead in the mornings and sometimes evenings and at first I had a huge breakout but was too desperate to write it off and it actually paid off because while I do still get black heads and large pores, the painful acne and huge white heads are gone so for me, that's a win.

The other things I bought:

Glycolic acid toner 7%
5% Retinol in Squalene
Azelaic acid in suspension 10%
AHA 30% and BHA 2% peeling solution

on 8/23/2018 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This broke me out so I stopped using it immediately. Now I only use it on the single bumps I get but never use it on my whole face.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Give it time. I thought I didn't love it at first because it was a bit drying to my already dry skin, a little tacky, and in no way moisturizing. But in time, I noticed a difference in my pores and overall skin barrier!!! I noticed a difference when I take it out of my routine so I need to use it regularly-- even daily. I usually notice a difference in 1-2 weeks. Worth it!!!

on 8/20/2018 9:11:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I had high hopes for this product. The price point was amazing for a cult skincare line and it contains two actives generally recommended for my kind of rosacea prone skin. If you scroll on Google you will see pages of good reviews.so it seemed like a good bet. What could go wrong?

Well, an IMMEDIATE flare up, that's what. As soon as I applied the product, it stung. My cheeks, which hadn't flared for months, suddenly went red and my whole face prickled, particularly at the corners of my nose and somehow (though I'd been careful to avoid them) my eyes, too. A genuine inflammation response to a seemingly safe product with well researched actives. How?

I'm honestly perplexed. I've never reacted like this to anything except some kind of fruit acid or vitamin C in the days before I got to grips with my skin type. Certainly never to niacinimide or zinc. I feel there is something wrong in the formulation which makes it unsuitable for my skin and, frankly, I distrust the line as a whole now.

Unfortunately, this will end up in my skincare graveyard along with the other product I bought (like another reviewer, I'm reluctant to use it either even though it's apparently plain old HA with 'natural moisturising factors'). I'm going back to my pricier, safer serum, Synergie Vitamin B, that I know works for me and won't irritate my skin or cause a reaction.

I would strongly suggest people with sensitive rosacea or acne use caution with this one.

I found this product when I was suffering a phase of adult acne. After 1 week, my acne started clearing and this has remained a staple for 1 year. My skin is smoother and acne marks appear to fade quicker too. Great value for money - I bought 7 bottles to get free shipping after my first bottle ran out. Lasts a really long time too. 4 stars as it dries to a sticky finish. I overcome this by following with moisturizer.

This product actually works.
I put it in the morning & night. I noticed that my face is alot fairer and brighter every morning after using it religiously for about 1 week? However the effect stops after you stop using it. I also noticed that my blemishes have faded abit.
As the price is quite affordable, i would recommend it. If it doesn't work then you won't be too sad about the waste of money hahaa.

So i how i use it is: Toner > Hydrating Essence> Ninacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% > Moisturizer > Sunblock.
However i notice abit of ' wet flakes ' , i don't really know how to describe it but it's like when you do a scrub, you get those clump of dead skin ?? Just abit of it after applying my moisturizer. Not really a big deal for me as it's quite a good product to me.

I may or may not repurchase as i want to try other similar product, maybe in the future i will repurchase as i really quite like this product.