Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%
The Ordinary productsThe Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

3.7

10 Niacinamide and 1 Zinc PCA Ingredients list: Aqua (Water), Niacinamide, Pentylene Glycol, Zinc PCA, Tamarindus Indica Seed Gum, Xanthan Gum, Isoceteth-20, Ethoxydiglycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.

on 1/4/2018 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have been using this for about two months now and I absolutely love it! I have dehydrated, clog-prone skin with an uneven skintone which I treat with retin-a since 1 1/2 years (i LOVE retin-a I am 35 years old and I have less fine lines than I had when I was 27 because of the retin-a). Since I do sometimes still get redness and peeling from the actives I use, I was looking for something to strengthen my skin and my derm recommended niacinamide to me. I started using olay moisturizers with spf in the mornings and I noticed that my skin did heal a lot quicker and was a lot more even toned. I wanted to up my dose of niacinamide so I decided to buy Paulas Choice Niacinamide Booster which I didn't like at all. it dried out my skin, even when mixed together with my olay moisturizer. I have waited a long time to finally try the ordinary`s niacinamide since I was scared that too much niacinamide just isn't for my skin. I was wrong. I LOVE this little affordable serum. it really evens out my skin so much, it kind of makes it look almost airbrushed. I use it on bare skin in the mornings under my moisturizer. I do wait for about 5 minutes before I apply my moisturizer, this way it won´t ball up at all! I also apply it under the ordinary`s squalane at night when I don't use my retin-a and I wake up to creamy, even-toned skin. I also feel that it helps with collagen since I also apply it underneath my eyes and I can't see any lines at all! I will definitely repurchase, I really enjoy this one! no clogging from this either! OH AND my skin is dehydrated but it still gets oily during the day. the oiliness is so much better with this product, it looks nice and glowy, not shiny anymore! I recommend to try to anyone with my skintype and/or age!

Update: I have been to my old work place yesterday and went to their restroom where they have a mirror which has HORRIBLE lighting, I HATED looking in there since my uneven skin texture would almost throw shadows lol (I once looked at my butt in it and i was traumatized for weeks and signed myself up in 2 fitness studios.. so... off topic but girls and guys, lighting matters SOO much when looking at yourself in the mirror so don't be too hard on yourself you probably look 100 x better in real life :) ) ANYWAYS when I washed my hands I did a double take! My face looked so so so much better than what it used to in this darn mirror! 70 percent more even textured and I dare to say 85 percent more even colored and I was only wearing a little concealer and powder and I used to wear a lot of foundation! please try this product, it is so inexpensive and if it works, it works WONDERS!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was so excited for this product because I value products that are natural and effective, not too many chemicals. Well, let me tell you...this did not work how I expected. I used this for some time, trying clear up and brighten my face, I don't have heavy acne or anything just an occasional breakout here and there. But I literally got the worst reaction from this, my skin was painful, dry (i do moisturise everyday so that wasnt it), red, sore, there were little red bumps that looked like chemical burns on my hose and cheeks (i never ever break out on my nose or cheeks), it was not nice. I had to stop this immediately and it took a few days for my skin to get back to its normal state after stopping this and the second I stopped with this product my skin came back to its natural/good state.

Maybe it works for some but if you have dry, sensitive skin, I would be cautious when using this. Test it out first on a small area for a week.

on 10/29/2017 9:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Could not use it long enough to see if it delivers long term benefits for my skin. It broke me out after trying it on the first time.
A waste of money. Well- at least not a lot of money.

on 10/6/2017 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love this product! I bought it because it claimed to help minimize pores, and my pores do look smaller. Is it because of this, or other changes I've made in my routine? I don't know. Am I going to stop using this to find out for sure? Nope!

The price is cheap, the bottle lasts a LONG time and the texture is smooth and silky, and it doesn't irritate my skin.

on 5/25/2017 4:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I am on my 2nd bottle of this, and I use it every 2nd day, sometimes daily depending on when I use vitamin c. At night, I use it with the Azelaic serum and then pat some argan oil across my face and neck.

I have pretty clear skin these days aside from monthly and hormonal spurts of acne. Im 39, but my 30s has been fraught with hormonal acne and angry skin, probably in relation to inflammation and hormonal ssues related to endometriosis.

I do have some hyperpigmentation and melasma under my eyes. I have to say, this serum has made a difference in my pigmentation issues. I don't think I'll ever get rid of my melasma completely, but this serum has helped a little when used with the Azelaic. I also have noticed a big reduction in hormonal and other acne overall and barely use foundation. A touch of concealer and a bit of pressed powder is all I really need to use these days.

The serum comes in a frosty 30 ml bottle with a dropper, it dries down nicely and helps with my oily parts. I definitely moisturize after using, either with Sensibio Rolerance + and then sunscreen, or with argan oil at night. I use about 3 drops, and using twice daily, I'd use a bottle a month. The way I'm using it, a bottle lasts me 2. I am on my 2nd bottle and have a 3rd for backup.
I love most of the things I've tried from this brand, aside from the natural moisturizing factors, but I think the fatty alcohols were what made my skin cranky. The cost is right, and as someone with reactive skin and cosmetic sensitivity to so many ingredients, I love being able to use something I can layer, that has minimal ingredients and no added fragrance.