wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

3.2

on 5/23/2018 7:57:00 PM

Maybe I don't take enough selfies, but this just isn't all that great I'm finding. Very thick and 'makeup' like. A little does go a long way and the shade match (neutral beige) if fine, but I find it looks a bit cakey by mid afternoon. That smell is another thing-- fresh off the hardware shelf! It does dissipate however. Just looked at my face at 4:45pm, yep, cakey and my nose pores look obvious. Partially this could be my fault, I tried Mally's Pore Perfection on top earlier (just dabbed it on to minimize shine, etc.). Note to file, these two products do not play well together. So here's my take, I would use this for a night out where I knew there would be pictures, low lights and only a few hours of wear. It's not going to be my day to day foundation.

EDIT: I'm liking this more and more....! Have been using a BB cream with SPF first (Hydroxatone from Costco) then dabbing this around my nose, under my eyes, etc. It looks airbrushed with a little buffing and lasts all day with very minimal shine. The finish is a really nice blend of dewey/matte which works for my mature skin-it's glowy. Agree with another reviewer that this does work well with the Malle PP on top. Bought another one to keep at work for after gym touch-ups. I'm giving this a higher rating now.

on 5/23/2018 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really wanted to try out Wet N Wild Photo Focus Foundation after seeing some good reviews on youtube. Well after trying this product out I was very disappointed. First of all, I chose 3 different color shades, hoping that one of them would match my light/medium, neutral skin tone. Two shades were too light for me (Nude Ivory and Rose Ivory) and the next shade up was too dark and orange for me (Soft Beige). Next I mixed two shades together and applied the foundation with a damp beauty blender. It went on very splotchy and had minimal coverage. This product did nothing to cover old acne scars and redness. . I also accentuated all my dry spots and fine lines and made my face look dirty for some reason. All in all, I wasn't happy with this foundation and would not recommend it to anybody.

on 5/23/2018 2:14:00 PM

bleh.
i was really excited about this one, hearing lots of people rave about how great and affordable it is, but it just isn't for me. this foundation slides around my face, refuses to blend of buff into the skin, and clings to every single dry patch and bit of texture that i have. my forhead legitemately looks like sandpaper when i apply this. it does have a paint smell, which does not bother me personally, but the blending and texture issues definitely do.
i admit that the failure of this foundation is partially the fault of my skin, it's pretty rough and patchy. if you have smoother and less dry skin, i think it's worth a try, since it's only 6 dollars and does have some good reviews.

on 5/18/2018 5:29:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

as someone with oily, textured skin, i don't love this foundation. i don't have much overall redness to conceal so this does an okay job of evening out my skin tone, but anything other than a very sheer layer of this looks INCREDIBLY cakey - this product does not build well over itself. i will say though, this does look quite nice on my skin when it's behaving. i usually apply this in a thin layer over my entire face, then go over it with a concealer in a complementary shade wherever i want more coverage.

pros:
- great shade range for lighter skin tones - porcelain is too light for me even after drying down. nice to have a CF option at the drugstore for foundation
- cap is very secure thanks to grooves along opening, sturdy packaging
- smell doesn't linger throughout the day
- applicator is weird, but it does sort of work to manage how much product you're using at one time
- really pretty, natural finish when you use the right amount

cons:
- tacky finish, never dries down (powdering doesn't help)
- offensive odor, VERY strong during application
- seems to have flashback??
- low/medium coverage
- applicator is unwieldy
- cap gets dirty and gunky with product over time

i will repurchase since i don't like to spend a ton of money on foundation and i like to support CF brands but i am still keeping my eyes peeled for other CF foundations. i really prefer higher coverage and i feel like i get that with my other favorite brand - sad they aren't CF :(

*more detailed info on my undertones listed on my profile.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I can't believe that such a fantastic foundation could come from Wet'n'Wild! In fact, this may just be my Holy Grail...until the next HG comes along, of course :)

I originally tried this out in the light warm and light-medium warm shades, and while I was happy with the foundation formula, the color just wouldn't work. I honestly didn't think of trying the neutral shades since I'm on the olive side, but after seeing how well the True Match Lumi in N1-N2 matched me, I decided to try this again in neutral. I'm so happy I did! I used a damp sponge to apply it, and the coverage and finish of this foundation is lovely, very natural looking. It looks good no matter what the lighting! It's light to medium coverage and can be built a little; it'll never be full coverage without screaming "foundation!". The wear time is fantastic (with primer). It didn't irritate or dry out my skin, or cause any breakouts.

The bottle itself is a little strange: I never encountered a foundation bottle with a paddle. I do prefer pumps since they keep air and germs out of the foundation, so the fact that this bottle doesn't have a pump limits its shelf life to 3-6 months max. But given that I bought this for less than $6, I can easily afford to replace it. As far as how sanitary the paddle is, it's no worse than the doe foot applicators that most concealers come with. If anything, it's somewhat better in that I can use the paddle to drop some foundation on the back of my hand--the paddle doesn't have to touch my skin at all.

There's 20 shades which cover a good range of skin tones. A lot of the foundation shades run very light: as I mentioned, I'm a N1-2 in True Match Lumi and I had to go with the light-medium neutral shade of Buff Bisque. So if you automatically reach for the lightest shade in a foundation, you may want to rethink it as you may find yourself needing a shade (or even two) darker than you'd usually pick. I can't speak to how well the darkest tones work as I don't have dark skin, but I feel like even the deep ones could have been even more so.

This foundation is definitely worth trying at least once. For $6, how could you go wrong?

Sooooo bummed that this didn’t work out for me. I have very oily skin and this turned me into a greaseball. At first the finish looked b auto full and the coverage is great especially for the price. I’m hoping may they will come out with a matte version.

I know this is popular with a lot of people, but it doesn't work with my skin. It doesn't apply evenly with hands, BB, or brush. I've never had this problem with any foundation and have used many d/s brands successfully. In winter, the dry patches on my face look horrid with this. In warmer weather, it just doesn't look natural--a little cakey even with one thin application. The paddle applicator isn't user-friendly. This may be the only foundation that I won't ever use up. I may just pitch it.

Good medium coverage foundation. Not a fan of the smell.. smells like literal paint. Did a good job of covering up imperfections without looking cakey. Separated a bit around my nose. I would use this as an every day foundation for a natural (affordable!) makeup look, and nothing too long wearing.

on 5/5/2018 12:02:00 AM

This is the only drugstore foundation I have ever bought multiple times. I had been on the hunt to find a less expensive foundation that I could wear on slow days at the office (no major meetings or staying overtime). To me, it didn’t make sense to be going through a $40 bottle of foundation every other month to sit in front of a computer for 80% of the work day. When I finally tried this foundation it worked really well on my combo (leaning toward oily) skin!

It gave me medium coverage, didn’t bring attention to my texture, wore off gracefully during the day, no weird gathering of product, and I never had any issues with oxidizing or breakouts. People have even given me compliments about my skin on days that I have worn this!

So would I say this wears AS well as my high end foundations? I would say yes on a slow day, but no on a day that I’m running around or need my makeup to last over 8 hours. And that’s the only place it lost a lippie!

on 5/4/2018 1:00:00 AM

This is a surprisingly good foundation for the price. Nice shades for light skin, blends well with buildable coverage. The applicator and cap are a little odd, but overall I don't regret purchasing.