wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

3.2

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

wow wow wow ! this lived up to its type and then some ! it's medium to full coverage for sure . I use a damp sponge to allot this which I found works these best or you can get streaks. I have combo skin which is usually.more oily , this stays on a good 8 plus hours on me before needing a touch up . the formula is thin, definately silicone type feeling. it doesn't break me out and it leaves your skin airbrushed looking. I always use a powder to set and setting spray to finish . it's a score

on 11/6/2017 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

For starters, this foundation is much too heavy and textured if applied with your fingers. A very light application with a damp sponge makes a lot of difference. The range of shades is good. First, I bought Porcelain but it was too light for my NC15 skin tone. The Soft ivory was just right and barely oxidizes. The coverage for redness is good but I do not like how the product accents texture. The price of $7.50 is a good buy. I certainly will have no problem using the product up but probably will continue my search for the best foundation for me.

Ignoring the fact that my country does not carry a good selection of colors and I didn't match myself perfectly, I think this foundation is pretty good. It's not the best, it's not my favorite but it's not bad at all and I don't regret purchasing. It's inexpensive, it has medium coverage, has a matte finish and it looks good. I wouldn't recommend it to dry skin though, I'd say it's more suited to normal and combination skin types. Also, the packaging is weird, I mean what is that applicator? why the glass bottle? I don't get the packaging decisions but the product itself is pretty decent. Is it the foundation that's gonna change your life? Probably not. Is it over hyped to the max? Heck yeah BUT: is it a good product considering the price? YES! It lasts 6 hours on my combination skin looking great, it blends easily, it's not patchy, it doesn't break me out.....it's nice.

on 10/25/2017 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

First thing first- this foundation is way over-hyped!

I really, REALLY tried to make this foundation work, beacuse the affordable price point & the natural finish..
But— up close it’s a complete disaster!!!!
It literally sit on the skin, doesn’t want to blend & emphasize every single texture i didn’t know I have?! It dry out in seconds, not to mention the offensive smell!!!
I tried every type of application: damp beauty sponge, flat top/ kabuki/ buffing brush/ moisture/ oil/ primers... the end result remains the same:
Cakey looking face!!!
It’s doesn’t play well with concealer/ powders either, not even with his “coworker” the
Photo Focus Powder.
Maybe it was meant to look great on instegram, but I prefer looking good in person.
Hands down, the WORST foundation I’ve tried out of 30+ I own. save your money & move on!

on 10/17/2017 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This foundation is good for an everyday/weekend look

Has good coverage, but is quite "paint" like. Can be built up

I found it quite drying on my skin, so I did the ol' Wayne Goss trick & put in 3-4 drops of oil and mixed it well (to the entire bottle!)

Made a huge difference! Not bad for the price!

on 10/14/2017 2:16:00 PM

I really wanted to love this affordable foundation since it had favorable reviews from here and YT. This unfortunately is a big fat NO for me :( It accentuates every pore in my skin (and I don't really have large pores, either!!) I literally tried *every* type of application of brushes, fingers, BB with different combos of primers, oils, moisturizers, w/o moisturizers or primer, etc. and nope -- it was totally a scrubber with every method. I mean I couldn't even leave the house with it on my face, it was that noticeable!! I even tried my Laura Geller BNB foundation over it to cover up the pores, but it just make me look like a caked up horror show!!! lol!! *Even Fix+ couldn't fix that!!! I am 53, so I'm guessing it isn't for my age group. I'll stick to Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra 24H Long Wear Foundation which is the best (ATM) for me.

This is one of my favourite inexpensive foundations. I was able to find a colour with a slightly pink base which matches my skin tone. It covers well without settling into my lines too deeply. About halfway through the day, my nose needs a touch up, but I've not yet found a foundation that doesn't need a touch up on my nose.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I like this foundation. I do not love it, but I would probably repurchase it. It smells like latex wall paint, but I have gotten used to that. The coverage is nice, and the shade selection is amazing for drug store--and it does not oxidize on me at all, which is rare in less expensive foundations. I like applying this with a buffing brush and setting with powder. As the day wears on it goes from matte to satin-y, which I am fine with, but if you have oily skin you'd probably want to use a mattifying primer with this. The glass bottle the product comes in is nice and heavy, and it looks pretty fancy for such an inexpensive product, but I think Wet n Wild really messed up by not putting this in a pump bottle. The product is too runny for the little spatula thingie to be very effective and a pump would've been so much more sanitary and thoughtful.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

The Wet n Wild Photofocus foundation is a very basic foundation. I heard so much hype about this product that I had to try it out for myself and was pretty underwhelmed with my own personal results. For background info, I have oily, acne-prone skin with slight acne scarring. I'm light/medium with very warm undertones. I think this foundation is okay. It's not the best foundation I've tried, but I've also used far worse foundation. The color selection seems a bit off to me. The Soft Beige is just a touch too dark, but I can work with it. A shade lighter would have been too light. This foundation is definitely a medium coverage, but is buildable without looking cakey. Even so, I feel like on days where my skin isn't looking so great, I wouldn't wear this foundation without also using concealer. I feel like the finish is more satin than matte and found that my T-Zone ended up being extra oily by the end of the day. There's also no photo flashback, which is super nice. I'd prefer a pump over the spatula, but it's not super inconvenient. I personally wouldn't repurchase this, but it's not a bad foundation! I imagine this would look better on someone with a more even complexion and skin that's more on the dry side.

on 9/27/2017 12:33:00 PM

For reference my skin tone is NC30-35 with strong yellow undertone. My skin is combination but very oily on my t-zone. My shade is Golden Beige.

This is a much raved about and hyped up foundation on YouTube and I can definitely see why people (especially oily people) would love it. The line offers great color range and for amazingly affordable price you get a very decent medium (can be built up to high) foundation with zero flashback in photos. The shade a Golden Beige matched me really well so I'm really happy about that - usually foundations look either too orange or pink or ashy on me. It does smell faintly like paint but it dissipates within a few minutes so it never bothers me. Not a big fan of the applicator though - I wish that it came in a pump.

I find that this foundation looks better on me when I apply it with a buffing brush instead of a beauty blender. It dries down semi matte, wears comfortably on the skin and provides decent coverage.

Unfortunate,y I'm only giving 3 stars because it is breaking me out a bit - I have tried it 4-5 times and I don't think I'll use it again until later, and maybe even then I'll space out my usage.

For the price it is a great foundation - if you don't break out from it.