wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

3.2

on 9/18/2018 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Bought this on a whim to test out - I picked up shade 366C Buff Bisque, I'm normally NC20-25-ish during the summer/spray tan months. In a nutshell, this looks GREAT in photos, smells horrible, packaging is a little bulky, and the spatula probably has a lot of bacteria lingering on it. It's cheap (like $5 or so at ULTA?) This isn't as long lasting as my go to matte formulas, but for flawless foundation in photographs I'm willing to keep it around. I'd repurchase!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

After test-running this on myself for a while, I ended up adding it to my pro-kit because it really does photograph GORGEOUSLY and the price can't be beat. The main drawbacks are thus: it smells like paint...literally Home Depot interior latex house paint; It is not specifically a long-wear formula. I have worked around this for a recent bridal party job by using Wayne Goss' technique of combining and layering with setting spray and it really did the trick! My bride was asked about 8 hours after her makeup was done if it had just been done an hour or 2 before. The color range on this is decent for a drugstore and some websites like Ulta offer an extended range. Coverage is medium and fairly buildable. Texture blends out nicely and can be sheered. Shades may set darker than they appear in bottle, but oddly the color range skews toward paler than you would expect from the description. (I'm usually around NC20 and wear mostly "fair-light" range products and I was in the "light-medium" category with this product. ") This may not be a luxury foundation, but it works and it does the job very, very well. For someone like me who needs to keep multiple shades on hand and can't shell-out for $45 a bottle, it's fantastic!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I like this foundation. I bought this last year after the major YouTube hype of it. I love Wet N' Wild as a brand so I had some high hopes. My shade is Golden Beige and it really works for my yellow/olive tone skin!

It can look matte and heavy at the beginning but as it wears, it actually looks really natural on your skin. It just takes about an hour or so. I don't touch up my makeup throughout the day (because honestly, who has the time) and when I come home (after about 17 hours of wear), it looks glowy and dewy!

I personally do like the applicator. The only thing I don't like is that the bottle can get really dirty...

I have seen many mixed reviews about this foundation. It isn’t the best on my skin, I feel like it doesn’t settle as nice as I’d like it to, it settles into my smile lines and it transfers a lot, so for me it doesn’t wear gracefully.
However, I need to give it heads up for having such a wide shade range and stating the deepnes AND the undertone of each shade. I am very fair and finding foundation that is light enough and neutral/yellow is nearly impossible, especially in drugstores, so well done wet’n’wild.
P.S. I still use this to mix in with other foundations

on 5/5/2018 12:02:00 AM

This is the only drugstore foundation I have ever bought multiple times. I had been on the hunt to find a less expensive foundation that I could wear on slow days at the office (no major meetings or staying overtime). To me, it didn’t make sense to be going through a $40 bottle of foundation every other month to sit in front of a computer for 80% of the work day. When I finally tried this foundation it worked really well on my combo (leaning toward oily) skin!

It gave me medium coverage, didn’t bring attention to my texture, wore off gracefully during the day, no weird gathering of product, and I never had any issues with oxidizing or breakouts. People have even given me compliments about my skin on days that I have worn this!

So would I say this wears AS well as my high end foundations? I would say yes on a slow day, but no on a day that I’m running around or need my makeup to last over 8 hours. And that’s the only place it lost a lippie!

on 5/4/2018 1:00:00 AM

This is a surprisingly good foundation for the price. Nice shades for light skin, blends well with buildable coverage. The applicator and cap are a little odd, but overall I don't regret purchasing.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I’ve now been using my beloved Dior Forever for a few years and had no intention of straying. I assumed the hype over this foundation would die down as time went on but after continuing to see raves I decided to give it a shot. Mainly out of curiosity.
I really love this stuff. I wear shade 23 in the Dior and purchased this in buff bisque.
I often mix my foundation with a moisturizer or silicone-based serum - the latter works beautifully with this (haven’t tried regular moisturizer with it yet), provides decent coverage and an incredibly smooth finish that lasts all day.
I’ve actually been reaching for it exclusively since I purchased, and my Foreverskin has taken a backseat. Never thought I’d see the day I’d be wearing a Wet n’ Wild foundation, due to past experiences with them, but this one is a true winner!

on 3/30/2018 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This is one of my favourite drugstore foundation (I also love the Milani Conceal & Perfect 2-1; Covergirl Ready Set Gorgeous; l’Oréal Infaillible Pro-Matte; L’Oréal Infaillible Pro-Glow) and in my experience with the foundation, the pros outweigh the cons.

For reference: I’m a NC 42 (MAC), I have combo-oily skin with medium size pores and redness accross my cheeks and nose. I used the color Desert Beige in the Photo Focus Foundation but it’s a tad too dark during winter time so I have to mix in the color Classic Beige.

Pros: medium buildable to full coverage, matte but not flat finish, lasts all day long, doesn’t break up during the day, a little goes a long way, oil-controling very cheap price point (7$cad/5$usd)

Cons: doesn’t have a pump, packaging with a spatula which I find very messy, may not be suitable for dry skin as it was mattifying on my combo-oily skin and controlled my oil throughout the day, can look heavy if applied too much, nasty plastic-y smell

on 3/27/2018 8:49:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Surprised at the terrible reviews here. I'm a 50 year old lady with super sensitive skin, mild rosacea, huge pores on my nose, pale olive w/yellow undertone. Got this as store was out of the e.l.f. beautifully bare foundation serum that I usually use. It smells exactly like the old school revlon colorstay (like latex paint lol) but the smell dissipates quickly. And it is nowhere near as drying as the colorstay that emphasizes every tiny wrinkle - ugh! I apply extra moisturizer first, followed by primer. I apply a TINY amount with a stippling brush in small sections and use a beauty blender on each section IMMEDIATELY as it dries instantly. It lasts all day at work and the nose area needs touched up only if I keep it on for the evening until bedtime. Great color match for me (neutral buff bisque) which I'm especially happy about because I have enormous difficulty finding foundations for my skin tone.
EDIT - after using this regularly for 3 or 4 weeks I developed a lovely combination of dry flaky skin AND painful cystic acne. This product will never go anywhere near my face again

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Alright so I'm a teen who wears makeup everyday to go to school and this what I can say so far about this foundation. A little goes a long way. And it has super good coverage, covers all my acne scars and it stays on all day. Also a really good colour match for my brown complexion. I really liked the spatula thing too, it was cool and I'm starting to think I like it better than the pump. Anyways, the downside? This foundation is so mattifying, your skin looks dry so make sure to moisturize a lot. And why doesn't it come out of my foundation brush? I thought there was something wrong with it so I tossed it and bought a new one but it was still stained from this foundation????????? Idk but for the price and quantity I would buy again