wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

3.2

Didn't break me out. Lasted throughout the work day. Def wouldn't sleep in, but that's because I don't sleep in makeup period. It's buildable. I have scars, marks, huge pores, uneven skin tone, pretty much all the ugliness from picking and the sun etc. buuuuut this does a great job of making me look flawless or better... I have noticed rub off but I also don't use primer or get toooo technical running out the house in the morning to make it to work. I slap it on and set with the photoready powder and I'm good to go. Packaging is whatever, honestly I slap it on my hand anyways and use a beauty blender but the last few times just Bc my bb is dirty, I actually used a brush and it also is really nice with that as well.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I'm currently loving this foundation for my eyeryday use! It's inexpensive and I don't feel guilty using it for work everyday. It has a nice thin liquid texture, looks really natural on the skin, and very build-able. It lasts well throughout the work day on me without breaking up, and when I use a setting powder it looks just as fresh as in the morning. I have normal to dry skin and this doesn't look cakey on me. For reference I'm about a nc35 in mac and I use the shade golden beige. It's perfect!

on 4/28/2017 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I’ve been testing and experimenting with the WnW Photo Focus foundation for a few weeks now. After finding the right combination of products and application techniques I can say that this stuff works for me and I like it a lot more than I thought I would. The finish is between matte and satin in my opinion and it really does seem to have ‘blurring’ properties to it – I actually prefer it over MUFE Ultra HD which is a bit too dewy/shiny for my oily skin. I use a damp sponge to apply and get great results. I’d say that it has light-medium coverage as I’ve been using more than usual to get to the medium coverage that I want. I agree with other reviewers that it isn’t particularly long-wearing and it does transfer more easily (I wouldn’t recommend it if you wear glasses or tend to touch your face a lot), but I have been mostly able to combat these issues by using my damp sponge to apply my loose HD setting powder. Before I did this I definitely had issues with it breaking down after a few hours, but not anymore. I have fairly oily skin but somehow it stays in check when I do this. Overall, it’s a great foundation on its own in my opinion, but the price makes it even more amazing. I will definitely repurchase. For reference, I am NC25-30 and would have bought Soft Beige (for light-medium warm skin) but my store was out. Instead, I bought Golden Beige (for medium warm skin) and added in a touch of Porcelain (for fair warm skin) and got a good match.

Skin: Very Dry, Deep Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This product is one of the best foundations in the drugstore, and I know the makeup industry well. It takes great photos, possesses high blendability, enhances skin's appearance, and gives healthy but not over the top glow. It is a stunning foundation on and I would/have/do put it head-to-head with Maybelline Fit Me and Revlon Colorstay, fairly beloved drugstore foundations.

I got a free sample of this foundation with a Wet n' Wild order and I was really shocked at how good it is! I quickly bought a full size for about $6.50. Wet n' wild has really stepped up their game! This foundation is lightweight and somewhat buildable. I feel that you could achieve medium coverage. It works for my oily/ combination skin because it doesn't add any extra moisture. The finish is very natural. It doesn't have perfume or doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. They have 20 shades. I'm about NC25 and wear "Buff Bisque/ light medium neutral."

I usually wear Neutrogena's Healthy Skin Enhancer which is sheer and moisturizing in shade 30. I wear Too Faced Light Beige (but that provides too much coverage and moisture for me.) I generally find drug store brands superior to high end. Because of price and of irritating ingredients in some high end brands.

I love wnw fdtns as a rule (coverall, ultimate match, tinted moisturizer, THIS.).......it does have an unpleasant odor-aroma of paint with this. But wnw fdtn are good for oily skinned people. The spatula is an interesting addition. For $6 this is pretty good but discovering your shade can be an arcane process .and wnw is cruelty free (which is awesome!!!) I use wnw reserve your cabana powder for glowy skin. ETA: it sure gets broken down fast by oily skin. Very oily beware you will be a greaseball if you don’t carry Blot papers & pressed powder in your bag. I have a Blot in the late afternoon/or early evening. It isn’t as good as cover all was so so SO good. It smells like paint but that dissipates & goes away soon.

Love this foundation!!!! It's my new HG and I actually like it better than my MUF HD stick foundation which is $40. It has full coverage, great color selection, looks like skin and good in all lights as it claims! The only downfall is that it dries quick so blend quick and really pay attention to the hair line and it can cling to your hair

on 4/11/2017 12:07:00 AM

I walked into CVS, browsing and came upon wnw new foundation. I quickly looked for my shade, I'm a golden beige. I didn't look up for review as I knew it only cost less than $6 so it wouldn't really matter if I did like it or not. Love the packaging and the spatula. But I do noted a scent but it quickly disappears after applying. I applied it with my beauty blender and I loved the flawless, natural finish look. I definitely would recommend this!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Not bad for the price. I love wetnwild products and I'm a loyal customer. I like the coverage and finish of this foundation. It looks great for a few hours then it starts settling into fine lines and my face starts to look oily. I'm going to try Primers and setting sprays to see if there's a difference.

2/24/19 Update: Fabulous foundation! No settling into my laugh lines and looks flawless and beautiful! Must use a good primer, setting powder and setting spray. It's amazing! Thanks wetnwild!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Kinky, Fine

I tried this foundation out for a first impression on my youtube channel (chloeluckin), and wasn't expecting much at all. For a foundation which doesn't have any claims about coverage, lasting ability or which skin type it's more suitable for, I just expected it to give a light coverage and to slide off ofmy face after a couple of hours.

I was amazed at how flawless my skin looked when I used it! This is my new obsession, and I've worn it several times since testing it out! The shade I tested was Buff Bisque, which is light-medium neutral. I would have purchased the warm shade, however, they had a very limited selection in Walmart when I went to America for my holiday, as they had all basically SOLD OUT! For a colour reference, I'm always between (or one of these) the Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation in 1W2 Sand and 2W1 Dawn. The colour match was very good, however the undertone was a little too pink.

I feel like this foundation is a dupe for the Estee Lauder Double wear. It has the same constancy, feels and looks the same on the skin. A little less coverage, as you need more to build up to the same as the Double Wear. Doesn't last as long, but lasted amazingly for 9 hours.

My Skin Type:
Oily-Combination Skin, very oily t-zone with redness and blemishes, acne prone.

PROS:
Very affordable - retails for $5-$6.
Long lasting - still looked flawless after 9 hours of wear.
Great for oily skin.
Didn't break me out.
Didn't irritate my sensitive skin.
Looks HD, and evens out skin texture and pores.
Amazing selection of colour - Fair-Deep Dark colours in Cool, Neutral and Warm undertones.
Easily build able.
Great coverage - medium and can be built up to almost full.
No flashback or white cast in photos.
No strong scent.
Spatula Applicator.
Packaging is glass, and feels very luxurious.

CONS
Very hard to find if you don't live in the US or Canada - Wet n Wild doesn't ship internationally.
Sells out very quickly, so very hard to find your shade in stock.
Sinks into pores after 6 hors if not used with a pore-filling primer.

For more reviews, check our my youtube channel: Chloeluckin