wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

3.2

on 12/20/2018 6:05:00 AM

I was happily surprised by this foundation. More than once I've had people ask me what I'm wearing. One friend couldn't believe it wasn't high end. It was the end of the day and I'd worn it all day. When I told her she couldn't believe it was wet n wild because of how nice my skin looked. I wear it over NYX Hydratouch Oil Primer. I told her Wet n Wild has stepped up since when we were kids in the 80s and used to buy their cheap lipsticks for 99 cents. My drugstore Foundation that I was using before this was loreal true match which looks nice but transfers like crazy. Once this sets it doesn't move and stays put til I take it off at the end of the day.

on 12/11/2018 3:42:00 PM

I'm actually super impressed with this foundation. For $8 CAD, it's the most affordable foundation at the drugstore, and might actually be my new fav! I love the Wet n Wild powder highlighters so much, I thought I'd try out some of their other products. So glad I did!

The foundation does have a bit of a paint-like smell, only really noticeable if you're wafting the bottle under your nose lol. I love that it has different undertone options, and that the undertone is stated right on the bottle. I got the Rose Ivory one, with a cool undertone, and it is PERFECT. I was using the Nyx Can't Stop Won't Stop, but I find it's a little drying for the winter months, and I ended up buying the wrong undertone because it doesn't say on the bottle :( The shade is perfect and this is the FIRST TIME I've ever had a truly matching undertone in my foundation. So happy!

The Photo Focus foundation from Wet n Wild has a great consistency, not too thick so it's easy to blend around your face with just a little! The paddle is weird and probably not the most hygienic, but it doesn't really bother me. It's easy enough to transfer from the paddle to a sponge instead of directly on your face.

The foundation applies nicely, sets nicely, and still looks great at the end of my work day. It seems to play well with my fav skincare products, primers, and makeup products. No complaints from me!

on 12/10/2018 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

One of their shades matches my skin tone perfectly. Stays on all day. No creasing or oxidizing. As others mention, it smells kinda like paint but for this value, it’s amazing and is long lasting. Hope they never discontinue it!

on 12/1/2018 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I tried so many foundations mostly high end. This is in my top 3. I have oily skin, this foundation keeps me matte without looking dry. I wear this for long days at work. It looks good all day in real life but also on tv. It’s the perfect all round foundation for me. Longlasting and lightweight. Shade range is also flattering for me. Love this. Need this. And so cheap.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

When I first bought this foundation and tried it out, I hated it. It looked dry and chalky and cakey and didn't have great coverage. I didn't understand what the hype was about and swore I'd never use it again. Then I realized the reason it looked so crappy and chalky was because the line runs extremely light, and I needed to go up at least 3 shades. Literally the same thing happened to me with maybelline fit me matte and poreless. I went out and repurchased it and it actually looks amazing, soft blurring matte finish that lasts all day on my oily skin. It's definitely in the top 5 best foundations at the drugstore, especially for the price.

on 10/21/2018 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I am writing this review as I just finished the last drop of my Photo Focus foundation this morning and suddenly realized I cannot not have it! I very rarely ever finish an entire bottle of a liquid foundation, most of them expire and, sadly, have to go... This one was an exception. Definitely repurchasing it tomorrow.

It is a medium coverage foundation, buildable to full, in my opinion. Blends very easily with both a brush and a sponge. It gives me the nicest blurring effect, the skin looks nearly airbrushed after I finish my makeup. It is not dewy, nor very matt, something in the middle, just like I prefer (I have combination skin, normal on good days). Its long lasting power is another huge plus.

It's a really beautiful foundation and I could see it working on different skin types and for people with different makeup preferences. It's definitely worth trying for the price.

on 10/20/2018 7:44:00 PM

Oh. My. Goodness. This drugstore foundation definitely puts some of the high-end brands a run for their money! Wet-N-Wild did not come to play when they made this product. This foundation is medium-full coverage, it is long lasting, very lightweight, and extremely easy to blend out. Personally, I found that it was easier to blend this out with a brush rather then a beauty sponge as it is a little on the runny side and the sponge soaked up most of the product. This foundations comes in very many shades, I’m sure that you will be able to find your perfect match if you want to try this for yourself. The one and ONLY thing that i did not like about this was the packaging. Im not really sure what they were trying to do with the spatula thingy but if this had a pump it would be even more amazing then it already is. This foundation is only $5 and you can not tell one bit that it is that cheap once it is on your face. When i tried this out and people asked me what foundation i was wearing they did not believe me when i told them that it was Wet-N-Wild. Please go out and try this, i guarantee you will love it just as much if not more than i do!!!!!!!!!

I absolutely love this foundation. Foundation in my opinion is the most personal preference product, so obviously this might not work as well as it does for me for everyone, but for my normal to oily combination skin (normal cheeks and super oily tzone) this is my favorite foundation I own, and I own some very expensive ones. I don't have dry skin but I don't know why anyone with dry skin would buy a foundation that is described as matte and then have sad face when it clings to dry patches (for dry girls I've heard great things about their cushion foundation as a dewier option, but I've never tried it because I already know it wont work for my skin type). I've always bought high end foundations, but I've seen so many youtubers raving about this one that I was curious. I was at Walgreens and there was a sale on wet n wild to where the already ridiculously cheap photo focus foundation was reduced to 3.99 (seriously), so I grabbed two shades on a whim thinking what the heck. Can I just say that I was SHOOK. I think this finish is perfect for skin like mine because not as flat and lifeless as full on matte foundations, but not too dewy to where my face is an oilslick by noon, but the finish is stunning. It's very buildable, and even when you build it up to fuller coverage it still looks very very skin like. It lasts well, not anything crazy (I for one don't particularly care if a foundation lasts 18 hours because I'm never going to wear it that long), but with setting spray it'll look nice for a good 10-12 hours with minor touch up translucent powder in the afternoon for oil control. For all of the people complaining about the smell, it doesn't bother me at all but it is noticable straight out of the bottle, but I think it's important to mention the reason you smell that is because they don't put any perfumes in the product, which is great for people with sensitive skin I would think. I would rather smell the foundation than smell a bunch of perfumes. I have the shades nude ivory and nude beige (my skintone is neutral leaning slightly warm), and they're perfect for me because nude beige is me with a tan and nude ivory is me without one, so I can easily mix them together in different ratios as i fade from 1 to the other. The shade range is decent for a drug store foundation in my opinion, theres a warm neutral and cool shade for fair to deep skin tones. I also love that they write the undertone right on the bottle to take the guess work out of trying to shade match at the drugstore. With the price point it's easy to grab more than one and customize. I would prefer a pump as well, but the spatula is better than just an open bottle, I just usually dab some of each shade on the back of my hand and mix together and apply from there. It applies beautifully with both a beauty blender and a blurring foundation brush (I use the beauty blender for fuller coverage and the kabuki when I want something lighter). If you have combo skin and want oil control without the full matte flat face look, TRY THIS PRODUCT YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT.

on 8/20/2018 4:05:00 AM

I LOVE this foundation and I don't love many. *I bought the Soft Ivory shade*
As an acne and rosacea sufferer, I've tried every foundation under the sun and honestly, none compare to how good this feels on my skin. It's light, blends so well with my beauty blender and has a lovely skin feel and look finish.

I really wish it had a pump applicator instead of the little spatula thing but I found that after a couple goes I was able to get the right amount on my blender and blissfully tap away on my skin. It also pairs amazingly well with its concealer from the same range which was my first and favourite purchase from Wet n Wild.

I find it lasts really well throughout the day but I don't expect my makeup to last over 12hrs, nor and I looking for that level of gunk on my sensitive face. I do set my concealer with a bit of powder from LA Girl and a spritz of Essence fixing spray all over and I feel good to go for the day without touchups. If I'm having a problematic day with redness that burns through which is just a rosacea treat (sighs), then I will touch up with some concealer in that area or drink a ton of water, whichever is closer. But burn through is something I've had with all foundations, least of all with this one, it feels much lighter and gentler on my sensitive skin.

I also love any foundation that looks like skin and doesn't cake or wear away in patches which I feel this one doesn't!

As a cruelty-free makeup user, WW is by far my favourite!

Also, I totally recommend trying the Oil Cleansing Method, it has been a life and skin changing find!!!

on 7/22/2018 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

If this came in the exact same glass bottle with a pump, I'd be over the moon. Still, for this price I can live with the strange little plastic applicator paddle they include inside the lid - I only use it to quickly dot some foundation on and then use either my fingers or a Beauty Blender to smooth it out. The faint smell of the product (sort of reminds me of Elmer's glue or the tempera paints they used to give you in elementary school to do art projects) does disappear quickly once applied and it hasn't caused me any issues even though I have fairly sensitive skin.

The Photo Focus Foundation to me is more of a full coverage formulation. I think others find this to be medium coverage, but as I apply my foundation first and then see where I might need a little concealer, I think it does a relatively decent job on its own evening out my skin tone and reducing some areas where there is redness and a few small spots of melasma on the tops of my cheekbones. I feel I need less concealer with the Wet n' Wild than when I use my HG CoverGirl + Olay Simply Ageless 3-in-1 Liquid Foundation. Actually, now that my HG CoverGirl is running about $18 a bottle at the drugstore, it will be getting bumped for the $6 bottle of Wet n' Wild as the addition of the pump on the CoverGirl is really just not worth the additional money. And Wet n' Wild has the added bonus of being cruelty free.