wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

3.2

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

They must have paid the youtube "gurus" a LOT of money to highly review this product. Barely covers redness and feels ultra heavy even though it is a watery product. It is sticky no matter how much I powder it and it breaks up in a matter of an hour or two on my cheeks even being set. I don't even have oily skin, but this product surely does replicate it. Oh, and it smells like house paint.

I will say, though, that my skin feels amazingly moisturized and smooth after I get frustrated and take it off half way through work.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

YouTube made me buy it. Almost everyone talked about what a great drugstore gem this is and I needed a lighter foundation to mix with my Loreal infallible pro matte. I got soft ivory. The first thing I noticed is when I rubbed this on my hand, the texture of it was really weird. It sat on top of my skin instead of blending into it, and it felt super powdery. Also looked streaky. Then I tested it out on my face. Tried to use my fingers first and oh my god what a mess that was. Streaky, dry, didnt cover anything, it literally looked like I had tried to use plaster as a bb cream or something. So then I tried my sponge. That went way better than my fingers, looked okay, looked pretty dry and powdery still, and still looked as if it was sitting on top of my skin. However it builds nicely and has decent coverage. After one hour I noticed the foundation breaking down around my nose and pores and looking really textured on my forehead. Keep in mind I have absolutely horrible skin (aged beyond my years, textured, cystic acne, dry as a desert) so really I have nothing to blame but my skin, and really *all* foundations except nars sheer glow look pretty crappy on me, but this one just looked unforgivable. I'll probably end up returning it.

If you have oily skin with low texture, this would probably be great for you, and I feel like this foundation is a great value for the price especially since it has the potential to work well for other skin types. There's just no way I could make this work for me.

on 4/24/2017 11:18:00 AM

I applied this foundation same way as i applied my other foundation which is by hand and i'm not into full coverage makeup look so i only applied lightly at where i really need and blend out for places that's okay. However, this foundation makes my face looks liked i have tons of foundation on. Maybe because it has more of a matte finish but my face looks very powdery and thick. I also found it a bit irritating cause i got a red hives spot after applying it and a bit itchy at places. My face also seems bumpy when i wake up this morning while i had this on all day yesterday for the first time. Probably won't be using it again but since it's so affordable it is still totally worth a try.

I have normal skin (not oily and not dry)
& at first application this foundation is beautiful! It makes your skin look even, yet natural, and gives you a flawless and smooth look but after an hour it left me super oily and shiny.
The smell is strong of paint but quickly goes away.
I wish it would have worked for me because it's super inexpensive and looks beautiful at first.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Looked good for a hour then my skin got very oily. Broke me out.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

If you have sensitive or acne-prone skin I wouldn't recommend this at all. I have acne scarring and it takes a few layers to have full coverage. It's easy for this foundation to look cakey. I had high hopes for this foundation, but it broke me out BAD. I'm upset because I've worked hard and stuck to a regimen to make my skin clear again. Unfortunately, this foundation ruined that. I blame myself because this was so cheap to buy ($5). I should've known better.

on 4/2/2017 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love the packaging of this foundation.
The actual product not so much. Its not a terrible foundation but its not that good.
It does have a really good coverage,I would say full,but it looks cakey specially if youre wearing primer under it.
It never really sets no matter how much powder I use,it feels sticky,and makes me oily
I could see this working on dry or normal skin maybe,I wouldnt recommend it for oily skin

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

The good-
Love the bottle.
Looks very nice on the skin and skin-like when applied correctly.
Applies really nice with fingers and beauty blender type sponges.
So many shades to choose from!
However, most are just on the website as most stores do not carry all of the shades.
I ended up with classic beige and surprisingly it was not too bad. (at first, I clearly need a lighter shade)
It blended in really well on my face,
I do need a slightly lighter shade but can get away with this. That is until it starts to oxidize.
The foundation wears okay on my oily skin without looking too bad which was surprising (besides oxidizing way too dark), about 2-3 hours before I need to blot. 4-5 hours it starts to break down just slightly. 6 hours it can start to slip around and I must touch up with powder. 7-8+ and it is done.
The bad-
Looks terrible when applied with a brush and had I not watched MANY youtube videos beforehand I would have thought this was a terrible foundation.
Definitely, stick to the beauty blender type of sponge or your fingers. I liked my fingers for a lighter coverage that was more natural and the sponge for heavier coverage.
The matching photo focus powder (which I really like) did not go well with this foundation as I found it made it look too heavy and cakey but both are great on their own.
It does oxidize darker and started to look a little too tannish orange. Wore well on my oily skin but not as great as a long lasting foundation.

I might try this again in a lighter shade but for now, I think I will keep looking as I prefer a long wear foundation that can last a work day, stand up to my oily skin, and not melt at the first sign of hot weather.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is the first time I've tried a Wet N' Wild foundation, and after 3 applications I still can't get it to work for me. The color match is really good (I got mine in Rose Ivory, and I am a cool borderline/ neutral tones pale chick), and I like the packaging...but that's it. The biggest issue I have is the major cake face this gives me. When I apply it, it just sits on top of my skin, and has that kind of dry silicone feeling that a lot of primers have. I don't feel it blends that well. It literally flakes my skin out everywhere, even my forehead. I know I could try different application methods, and I could try to really moisturize a lot beforehand...but honestly I don't want a foundation I have to take extra steps with, just to make it look normal.

I'll give it a try in the summertime and update my review if anything changes. Otherwise, this is a dud for me, and I'd advise anyone with dry skin to avoid this product.

on 3/5/2017 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Now, I am most definitely not a fussy person. Only one word can is needed to begin this review, and I'm positive you know what it's going to be.

PAINT.

Ok. Maybe I'm just having a hard last couple of weeks because I am not usually bothered by smells, the only thing that really turns my stomach is the smell of death. If you're lucky enough to not have smelled it before, death is the smell of a (insert unlucky creature's species name HERE) carcass that's been baking all day on the hot asphalt of an old country road, under the searing rays of the mid-August sun somewhere in Alabame. Down south, the heat and obnoxious humidity will only cause this poor critter to decompose at an extraordinary rate. Decomposing critters combined with the thickness and stale air experienced during those long summer days means that you better roll them windows up or you'll learn about the stench of death quick, fast and in a hurry! So tell me why the smell of this foundation was utterly unbearable to me?!

And who else is over new gadgets and contraptions? Remember those days when all we wanted was a PUMP?! It's like we blazed past pumps, probably the most universally perfect method for dispensing almost all foundations, to droppers and now spatulas. Even if you only casually read reviews here on MUA or elsewhere on the Internet, you will quickly learn that the droppers were universally disliked by the populace. It seemed like not a single brand, whether drugstore or HE, was able to get it right. I'm always game for something new but I just can't get behind the included spatula either...This issue is similar my issue with the overwhelming (to ME) paint smell: I am NOT a germaphobe! When I first opened it, I looked at the odd little spatula and was truly at a loss for what to do next. I deduced through careful analysis (HAHAHA not really) and came to the conclusion that, unless you deposit what you'll need from the spatula onto a mixing palette, a CLEAN foundation brush or a CLEAN beauty sponge, you WILL introduce germs, bacteria and oils back into the bottle. Yuck. I honestly don't know why this is even an issue for me but it is. I don't doubt for a hot second that there's ladies out there that will sanitize that silly little spatula after every use! To that, I say, "Do you baby girl!!"

The 'Photo Focus' formula is too lacking for me to even consider that kind of effort. When I wore it last, I applied it, walked away and several minutes later, I returned to see that the foundation had at least set to a wonderful looking satin finish. Please note that the satin finish may have more to do with my own personal skincare than the foundation itself. Unfortunately, the next step in my makeup application process was its third strike against it. Using the Real Techniques, I dusted what I felt was a light amount of the powder also released as part of the collection...And I suddenly looked like a freaking corpse!! The foundation went completely stark flat and matte!! It was like the foundation had absorbed the powder and not in a way that could work in our favor. It was true a mask, clinging and suffocating to my skin.

Asta la vista baby! It's rare for me to not find something workable within a product but, man, this one was just not good for me. As we all know, YMMV. I did what felt right to me and promptly exchanged it for 'Wet N Wilds' resurrected and insanely hyped 'Precious Petals' highlighter at my local CVS. Winning!