wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

3.2

on 9/14/2017 3:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this because of YouTube-Tati, who said it was awsome: very skin-like. Well, I think I disagree: it looked heavy on me, applied with a beauty blender. I can imagine that this would be better for someone with oilier skin (mine is normal).

What I liked: it didn't break me out, and the price is pretty great! What I dislike: the powdery-leathery finish this had on me, the heavy smell (honeycomb + paint or something?) and that there was no shade match - the closest shade to my skin (Soft Beige) was still way too orange (I have NC20, very yellow-toned olive skin). I might have dealt with the colour by using a colour adjuster, but the smell of this just killed it for me - so heavy, long-lasting and cloying :/

on 7/25/2017 11:35:00 PM

First I'll tell you about the pros: price is amazing, I like the spatula applicator, easy to blend, I love that the colours and shade are written on the bottle. It makes it very easy to find your colour. I use a brush with this foundation which applies nicely. I don't find it blends well with a sponge. It's a sticky formula which in turns makes the sponge very sticky. The cons for this product are the smell (it smells like paint,) it clings to dry patches and it doesn't last long. It also makes me look a little oily yet still clinging to dry patches if that makes any sense. All together I don't think I'd buy again. I would recommend for you to try as everyone's skin reacts differently. For the price it's worth buying

on 6/26/2017 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This foundation is NOT for textured skin, if you have flaws, acne scars, discoloration, dry patches. Just skip this one. Granted, this foundations DOES look amazing in photos, it looks cakey in real life. The formula is sheer and can be built to medium coverage with lots of coats and it dries down with a heavy feel to it. *Scent!! It literally smells like a bucket of Sherwin Williams house paint! Not kidding. I applied 3 coats on my cheeks since I have acne scars on that area and when I was in the sunlight I realized this foundation enhanced every one of my pores and made my skin look "rough" like when you haven't exfoliated for a while. And the pores on my nose where gigantic craters, not cute!

I would recommend as an alternative for photography makeup but in real life this foundation does not provide much coverage and ends up feeling and looking cakey. Hard pass for me and my acne scars.

I actually really hate this foundation and am totally surprised when I see it talked up in the beauty-sphere. Number one, it smells god-awful. I'm not usually one to complain about scents, and I don't need all my products to smell like roses, but this was just unbearable. It smelled like cheap paint and it never faded, I could smell it on my face all day. Aside from that, it just ended up bringing out all my texture issues, so I just looked like a bumpy, cakey mess. The longevity was average for me, about 7 to 8 hours, but it just looked so uneven, even though I applied it with my real techniques sponge.

The bright side is that the shade I bought, nude ivory, was a great match for my neutral fair skintone. I also only paid about $6 for this at CVS, so it's a great option of this works for you (although I can only see it working for people with normal skin completely free of any texture issues like closed comedomes, acne scars, dry patches, ect., and those people might not even be inclined to choosing this medium-full coverage foundation). Either way, I advise you to save your money and look for better rated drugstore options.

on 6/12/2017 2:16:00 AM

Will finish the bottle but will not purchase again. cons: it's CAKEY when you build it up, it's thick, feels like a thick mask on my face, smells like paint but it's not as bad as the revlon colorstay, it broke up around my nose. Pros: the price is good and the packaging is good quality. I don't recommend

on 5/8/2017 3:28:00 PM

Man, this broke me out like crazy. Ive only heard wonderful things about this foundation, tried it, loved it. But it made my skin break TF OUT. My skin never breaks out, like, ever. Otherwise this was actually a great foundation.

I really wanted to like this. Most reviewers loved it.

The packaging is fine IMO. I'm not upset at the use of a spatula inside the lid for application.

I have dehydrated skin. Some days it acts normal, sometimes I'm not doing enough and it acts dry, and some days I can be oily.

On one day this was super cakey and another day I was cakey & oily. Even on good days this didn't look nice. I was always cakey.

I guess if you're oily or combination skinned it'd work for you but I've moved on.

on 4/28/2017 10:13:00 AM

This foundation looks fine at first but at like 3 hours into the day my face looks crepey and oily. Will not be using this again.

on 4/27/2017 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Great foundation - made my sensitive skin freak out!

This foundation has a fabulous price point and blends beautifully on the skin. With a setting powder, it stays fresh-looking for the majority of the day. Unfortunately for me and my very sensitive, allergy-prone skin, it was just too harsh. It definitely smells a little chemically, and my cheeks (which have a little eczema) flared up immediately and felt rough in texture after wearing this 1x. I also noticed that I would experience a lot more breakouts and irritation on my skin after wearing.

Overall:
PROS
-blends well on skin
-stays in place, lasts a long time
-amazing price point
-cruelty-free

CONS
-smell
-too harsh for sensitive skin
-broke me out

so I loved the way it looked.but I broke out all 5 times I used it with major pimples.right when I stopped using it I didn't have any pimples so I'm sad to say this broke me out and I never will use again unless they change that major huge issue.it smells like horrible paint and the smell even stay on my brush for days later so was gross but it did look decent on the skin and cheap price .makes me sad at the breakout so I won't buy again and don't recommend if your sensitive to paint smells