wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

3.2

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I really wanted to love this. I really and truly did. I absolutely fell in love with wet n wild's coverall foundation, and it became my holy grail foundation. But when I ran out of my 5th or 6th tube, I ran to my local drugstore only to find that coverall was gone and replaced by this. I was disappointed but hopeful and excited to try this since I really loved wet n wild's other foundation. I also thought the glass bottle it was in was super nice, much nicer than coverall. It was also slightly more expensive than coverall (but still affordable) so I thought hey, that must make it better right? I WAS SO WRONG.

It's nothing like coverall. It's super thin and liquidy and has zero coverage. It hides absolutely no blemishes and feels like it sits more on my face then actually feeling natural and apart of my skin. On top of not looking good immediately after putting it on, the foundation breaks up after a few hours of wear and you can start to see redness and patches of foundation. It also smells like paint and it's just awful. Oh, and did I mention that it also made my skin look super oily? I don't have naturally oily skin; my skin does have some oily patches due to having normal/combination skin but this foundation made my skin look like an oil factory. It was terrible.

Overall I'm extremely disappointed. I wanted to fall in love with this product, but it just doesn't do it for me. I'll finish what I have but when I run out, I'm not planning on buying it again. I love wet n wild, but every brand has their hits and misses and this was unfortunately a miss for me.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I had high hopes for this foundation since Wet n Wild puts out some outstanding products at an affordable price point.

This foundation offers very light coverage. I would say give it a go if you don't have anything major to cover. I have some rosacea redness and I had to use a lot of this foundation and a lot of concealer to get any coverage. This stuff also looked cakey on me. This is also a no-go if you are oily. I looked greasy and patchy within a couple of. I'm not sure about the photo friendliness since I didn't take any photo's with it.

The packaging sux with the weird spatula. Wet n Wild probably could have put a pump here for the same cost as this dumb spatula.

If you are oily and need to cover redness I highly recommend ELF acne foundation. I have to order it online since I have never seen it in a store. It offers excellent coverage, long wear, no mask like appearance and it's six bucks!

on 1/21/2019 11:00:00 AM

I am 53 yrs old with combo skin. I have not worn makeup in 5 years but have a big ski Vaca coming up so decided to get some makeup and get used to wearing it again... I also missed the "girly" feeling of getting dolled up. I started asking around about foundations and a couple of people raved about this...then I read the reviews here and it said just like Revlon Color Stay, but better! Now that really excited me because before I quit wearing makeup Color Stay was my go to, I used it for years and loved it. I got this in Cream Ivory and the color was a good match. It definitely is matte, so much so you don't have to use powder, but, I don't know if it is because I am older now, use to have oily skin but now I consider it normal, but this got cakey around and under my nose, but it looked pretty good on my cheeks, but didn't hide some big pores I have. Oh, also got very cakey under my eyes which I can't have now that I have some wrinkles under my eyes. I think this would be an awesome foundation for someone with VERY oily skin. Too bad, because I had high hopes☹️. Today I bought some Maybelline Fit Matte, No Pores. I will rate that in a few days. If that does not work for me I guess I am going to have to try some foundation for aging skin... maybe Cover Girls that has the Oil Of Olay.

Sigh... the pro: great buildable almost airbrushed coverage that seems to melt into your skin, looks great in photos, and that's about it. Cons: can you say cystic acne breakout? I wish this would have not broken me out! I loved the coverage. I have no doubt this foundation was the culprit. Another con, why doesn't this come in a pump or tube?? I hate clunky chunky jars and what's with the spatula?? Anyway, I wanted to love this, but the acne is a dealbreaker.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I got the Espresso version and it’s way too light for my taste compared to my Fenty Beauty foundation which is more reddish brown. This foundation is yellow. I don’t mind yellow but peach will probably be better. I am not one of those melanin chicks who look casket ready.

on 1/14/2019 11:49:00 AM

I was so interested in trying out this foundation but I have to say I was quite disappointed. First of all, I think the shade range is quite off. The lightest colors are way to light and ashy and have pink undertones and then it skips to dark, way to yellow/orange shades. That aside, I feel like it looks bad on the skin. I don't know what people love about it so much. I have tried to make it work in so many ways, yet I'm never happy with the result. I tried it on bare skin with no primer and it cracked around my nose and it was very visible around my mouth, forehead etc. I tried it again with a really good moisturizer and a luminous primer and yet again, it looked dry around the nose. What i look for in a foundation is decent coverage but a natural finish. This one is way too obvious on the skin, not as long lasting as other people say it is. I can see this working for people with oily skin and no texture on their skin. On me it looks almost like flour on top of my skin, very powdery. I tried using setting sprays on top to melt it into the skin but at the end of the day, there are so many foundations out there that don't require so much work and look good, fresh and natural on the skin.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I was excited to buy this because of all the hype but I honestly hated it. It looked so cakey on my dry skin.

on 12/22/2018 11:29:00 PM

I tried this foundation because so many YT beauty gurus rave about it. I’ve tried this a few times to give it a fair shot. I have combo skin, I make sure I moisture well and have tried it with different primers. This foundation goes on patchy and clings to dry spots that I don’t even have. I’ve tried applying it with a beauty sponge and a brush. I’m an nc15 and got soft ivory, decent match. It looks cakey, creases fast, and has light coverage. I don’t like the spatula applicator. Not a fan, altho the cushion version works way better!

When I had this product I thought I was going to have that look I've been looking for. But it was always so streaky and never set properly and very oily.. To be honest I also found it smelled like paint? I'm not sure if anyone else finds that, but it really smelled like paint to me.

on 10/28/2018 12:01:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Did not work for me. Too drying and cakey looking as well as by the end of the day half of it is off my face even after setting it, Not enough coverage and it definitely streaks when applied with a brush