wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

3.2

on 4/8/2017 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I have the shade Mocha. This shade is fiery orange. In the trash it went.

on 4/5/2017 12:39:00 PM

Clings to dry patches, application is hard to get even and blend, oxidizes, very minimal wear time.

I posted a review of this already, but after trying it out more, I decided to redo the review. Because I like it even less.
My Skin Type: I have super oily skin with dry patches that foundation likes to cling to. Lots of redness.

YAYS!
- I thought the shade range (online, at least) was impressive compared to others at the drugstore

MEHS
- The packaging was better than most, but I wasn't crazy about the spatula type applicator. I prefer pumps

BLEHCKS!
- It never set on my skin. I tried waiting, powder, setting spray, combinations of the three. Nothing helped. I would touch my face at different points throughout the day, and not only would it get on my hands, you could easily see where the makeup rubbed off.
- Watery formula. I found it difficult to add a second coat. I've also found that watery formulas cling to dry spots on my nose, and this one was no exception.
- The coverage seemed medium but it didn't cover my redness at all
- It was difficult to add powder products, no matter how long I waited for it to set
- Lasted maybe 3-4 hours okay, but I thought it looked bad right after application, so it was kinda hard to judge
- Not for those with sensitive smell! People were spot on about it smelling like paint. It didn't last long, but it still gave me a headache.

on 3/15/2017 12:28:00 PM

I had high hopes for this, despite mixed reviews. I've worn it the last 3 days, and tried different methods to make it work and I hated it each time. I'll be taking it back today. I bought it for a total of $6.35 at Walgreens in the color classic beige. I looked at the colors for a long time before I decided on this shade. I even grabbed revlon colorstay in 330 off the shelf to compare because I have that one at home and love the color. I don't mind the spatula but it is kind of weird because it's such a liquidy formula. I like the formula though because it doesn't feel heavy. I just dip the spatula in and out and wipe some on the back of my hand. Monday I used this with the smashbox pore minimizing primer, a bb to apply the foundation and used setting spray even though someone said it reacts weird. I thought it looked ok, nothing special. You could still see acne marks and my scarring. But all day I was paranoid I looked orange. I asked 3 people and even sent a picture to my friend but they all said I didn't look orange, 1 just said I was orange by my hairline. Most of the orangeyness WAS at the top by my hairline. Maybe it collects on vellus hairs in a bad way? I usually shave the white peach fuzz off my face but don't get too close because I don't want to accidently shave away at my hairline. It lasted well but I hated feeling like that. Yesterday I applied over benefit porefessional(I hate both of the primers mentioned btw but I'm using up porefessional and was testing the smashbox one) with an oval brush and my ud all nighter again. YUCK. This looked so weird, almost like crumbly and spotty I guess? I can't even describe it. And it looked like I didn't have anything on my chin. I feel like I'm so much more in tune with how things look on myself now since becoming an esthetician and since having a bad time with my skin. I wanted to rip my skin off yesterday and couldn't wait to get home and wash my face because I felt like I looked so horrible. Today I applied it with no primer and no setting spray with a beauty blender. Also the 1st and 3rd days I applied coty airspun all over with a brush. The 2nd day I applied the same powder with my bb. I still feel like today, with using two layers instead of one this time, it's not covering much or making my skin look that great and that weird chin thing is happening again. I also omitted bronzer on my perimeter thinking that was somehow making my hairline orange but nope, it's this. It still happened today. I've never paid attention to a foundation Oxidizing before because I didn't care but now I notice it and I hate it. My skin is textured/has acne scars, but it's neither oily nor dry. This makes me look like I have dry patches in some places. I thought this would be a nice lightweight/cheap foundation with good coverage for me because I thought a lot of people that hated it were very dry but this just sucks unfortunately. Still love you wnw but this was such a disappointment, I thought it was going to be great.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I used to love this foundation but my goodness, this has become so horrible. It makes my pores look huge and shows my dry patches really badly. It looks so horrible on the skin and it drives me insane. It makes you look so dry and powdery! I tried to put setting spray on top of it but that didn't help either. I have oily skin and it doesn't stay well at all. It starts to separate at about the 4 hour mark. The shade range is not great for fair skin tones either. The lighter shades are too pink and barely have any yellow undertones in them. Don't believe the hype of this foundation and save your money.

I recently purchased this foundation in several shades. I wanted to love it so much because I read and heard great reviews. I hate this foundation. It looks cakey arpund my eyebrows, nose and mouth. My glasses rub the product off. I was using it with both a primer and setting powder and setting spray. It transferred everywhere. very unsatisfied.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

More reviews by MarvelousBee

This product is underwelming. I've tried wearing and applying it 4 different times and all have been disappointed. I've applied it with a beauty blender, flat top brush, and a stippling brush if I spelled that right. Just didn't move around or sit right. I used it with a primer and without one still broke up on my face around my mouth and it was on for about a hour or 2. If you do use this foundation you have to work fast because once it dries that's it. I had to work too hard to make this foundation work for me and then it was cakey and it separated not even after a full day. I'm going to give it one more try without a setting spray and use a different type of brush to apply it and try not to use a lot of it to see if that helps. I made a very honest review about this product on YouTube.
More reviews by MarvelousBee

on 2/24/2017 7:24:00 PM

I don't really write reviews for anything very often but I really needed to say something about this. I have tried quite a few foundations and I haven't liked all of them but usually they just make me feel meh. This though, this is awful. The only really good thing I can say is that it didn't oxidize.

It was weird and patchy applying it to my face. I worked with it enough that it eventually looked mostly okay. Not my favorite, but not the worst either. However, by the time I got to work it was already starting to break up on my nose. I have combo skin but that has never happened to me before.

By lunch time it was mostly gone from my nose and near my hairline. What was left on my forehead had a weird texture to it and it had sunk into every single pore I have. I don't have large pores so this was absolutely astonishing to me because it's not a problem I have ever had.

Now, after work it is completely gone and patchy from the apples of my cheeks. I have no idea how this worked for other people so well. I would love to have those results and am incredibly disappointed that this in no way works for me.

on 2/19/2017 8:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

yo, this stuff is horrible. I'm oily as hell and it made me look dry, it broke up on my nose and WOULD NOT blend out. the packaging is horrible. this feels like a primer on your face, but not in a good way. it sits on top of your skin and feels like it's coming off the whole day. it has little to no coverage. the only good thing was the color match, i was the lightest shade and it is a godsend for pale people.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I really wanted to love this. I really and truly did. I absolutely fell in love with wet n wild's coverall foundation, and it became my holy grail foundation. But when I ran out of my 5th or 6th tube, I ran to my local drugstore only to find that coverall was gone and replaced by this. I was disappointed but hopeful and excited to try this since I really loved wet n wild's other foundation. I also thought the glass bottle it was in was super nice, much nicer than coverall. It was also slightly more expensive than coverall (but still affordable) so I thought hey, that must make it better right? I WAS SO WRONG.

It's nothing like coverall. It's super thin and liquidy and has zero coverage. It hides absolutely no blemishes and feels like it sits more on my face then actually feeling natural and apart of my skin. On top of not looking good immediately after putting it on, the foundation breaks up after a few hours of wear and you can start to see redness and patches of foundation. It also smells like paint and it's just awful. Oh, and did I mention that it also made my skin look super oily? I don't have naturally oily skin; my skin does have some oily patches due to having normal/combination skin but this foundation made my skin look like an oil factory. It was terrible.

Overall I'm extremely disappointed. I wanted to fall in love with this product, but it just doesn't do it for me. I'll finish what I have but when I run out, I'm not planning on buying it again. I love wet n wild, but every brand has their hits and misses and this was unfortunately a miss for me.