wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

3.2

on 2/16/2017 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I would say beware of all the glowing reviews and don't expect it to be amazing. It's a medium coverage foundation and I really wouldn't say it's matte. It is slippery feeling due to the silicone and doesn't sink into pores like the Coverall did for me (Coverall has better coverage). It can cling to dry parts of the face and doesn't really dry down completely so it needs a powder to get rid of the tacky feeling. It has that weird greasy look for a while without actually being greasy if that makes sense. This foundation also tends to break down after a few hours and definitely isn't long lasting.

The bottle is lovely but the spatula packaging is horrendous. I have found that foundations tend to oxidize and thicken in packaging that has to be exposed to open air all the time and the spatula is unhygienic and annoying. I've had this foundation for about two weeks and it has already changed color and consistency (orange tinge/darker and thicker).

I was hoping for a good daily foundation and this is just ok. I can make it work but wouldn't buy again. At least I haven't had any significant breakouts yet.

About me: combo pale skin, some acne spots. I have mixed feelings about this foundation. The first few times I used it, it worked great on me and then after it started to not work well with my skin. The best thing about it for me is that it matches my pale winter skin PERFECTLY! Best match I've ever had (I bought porcelain) I love that it's not pink like most light colored foundations. The first few times I used this it looked great! Covered very nicely and I liked the finish. It didn't look heavy and lasted long. It does smell a bit funky. In later uses it started to pill with my primer and it really showed the dry flakey areas around my acne spots. I also noticed it seemed to be sinking into my pores even though I was using mally's pore filling primer. I think because my skin is not the best ATM it's not working well for me, but I think once it's more balanced this will be a good foundation

on 2/4/2017 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This foundation is amazing and for the price you can't beat it. This is one of my favorite foundations, it's not heavy on the skin and just looks flawless.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I had high hopes for this foundation since Wet n Wild puts out some outstanding products at an affordable price point.

This foundation offers very light coverage. I would say give it a go if you don't have anything major to cover. I have some rosacea redness and I had to use a lot of this foundation and a lot of concealer to get any coverage. This stuff also looked cakey on me. This is also a no-go if you are oily. I looked greasy and patchy within a couple of. I'm not sure about the photo friendliness since I didn't take any photo's with it.

The packaging sux with the weird spatula. Wet n Wild probably could have put a pump here for the same cost as this dumb spatula.

If you are oily and need to cover redness I highly recommend ELF acne foundation. I have to order it online since I have never seen it in a store. It offers excellent coverage, long wear, no mask like appearance and it's six bucks!

Excellent for oily skin. Lasts on the skin for over 14 hours - shine free! For reference I use Paula’s Choice zinc oxide tinted sunscreen and Hourglass mineral veil primer. I sometimes use powder to finish the look but not always as I find that most days I don’t need it. Best part? No transfer! No transfer on my sunglasses, turtleneck sweaters, etc!!! I love this. My color is shell ivory which looks pink in the bottle but applies neutral. I also wear sand in Bobbi Brown stick foundation- for reference. Warm ivory in double wear - which I don’t wear anymore because this $4.99 foundation replaced it!!

on 12/20/2018 6:05:00 AM

I was happily surprised by this foundation. More than once I've had people ask me what I'm wearing. One friend couldn't believe it wasn't high end. It was the end of the day and I'd worn it all day. When I told her she couldn't believe it was wet n wild because of how nice my skin looked. I wear it over NYX Hydratouch Oil Primer. I told her Wet n Wild has stepped up since when we were kids in the 80s and used to buy their cheap lipsticks for 99 cents. My drugstore Foundation that I was using before this was loreal true match which looks nice but transfers like crazy. Once this sets it doesn't move and stays put til I take it off at the end of the day.

on 10/21/2018 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I am writing this review as I just finished the last drop of my Photo Focus foundation this morning and suddenly realized I cannot not have it! I very rarely ever finish an entire bottle of a liquid foundation, most of them expire and, sadly, have to go... This one was an exception. Definitely repurchasing it tomorrow.

It is a medium coverage foundation, buildable to full, in my opinion. Blends very easily with both a brush and a sponge. It gives me the nicest blurring effect, the skin looks nearly airbrushed after I finish my makeup. It is not dewy, nor very matt, something in the middle, just like I prefer (I have combination skin, normal on good days). Its long lasting power is another huge plus.

It's a really beautiful foundation and I could see it working on different skin types and for people with different makeup preferences. It's definitely worth trying for the price.

on 10/20/2018 7:44:00 PM

Oh. My. Goodness. This drugstore foundation definitely puts some of the high-end brands a run for their money! Wet-N-Wild did not come to play when they made this product. This foundation is medium-full coverage, it is long lasting, very lightweight, and extremely easy to blend out. Personally, I found that it was easier to blend this out with a brush rather then a beauty sponge as it is a little on the runny side and the sponge soaked up most of the product. This foundations comes in very many shades, I’m sure that you will be able to find your perfect match if you want to try this for yourself. The one and ONLY thing that i did not like about this was the packaging. Im not really sure what they were trying to do with the spatula thingy but if this had a pump it would be even more amazing then it already is. This foundation is only $5 and you can not tell one bit that it is that cheap once it is on your face. When i tried this out and people asked me what foundation i was wearing they did not believe me when i told them that it was Wet-N-Wild. Please go out and try this, i guarantee you will love it just as much if not more than i do!!!!!!!!!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

After test-running this on myself for a while, I ended up adding it to my pro-kit because it really does photograph GORGEOUSLY and the price can't be beat. The main drawbacks are thus: it smells like paint...literally Home Depot interior latex house paint; It is not specifically a long-wear formula. I have worked around this for a recent bridal party job by using Wayne Goss' technique of combining and layering with setting spray and it really did the trick! My bride was asked about 8 hours after her makeup was done if it had just been done an hour or 2 before. The color range on this is decent for a drugstore and some websites like Ulta offer an extended range. Coverage is medium and fairly buildable. Texture blends out nicely and can be sheered. Shades may set darker than they appear in bottle, but oddly the color range skews toward paler than you would expect from the description. (I'm usually around NC20 and wear mostly "fair-light" range products and I was in the "light-medium" category with this product. ") This may not be a luxury foundation, but it works and it does the job very, very well. For someone like me who needs to keep multiple shades on hand and can't shell-out for $45 a bottle, it's fantastic!

on 6/15/2018 8:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Who paid all of those youtubers to say this was good? I was dry-very dry skin and I could have fried food on my face with how much oil I was producing. It drys super matte and looks cakey too and wouldn't sit on certain areas of my skin at all, and then within a couple of hours the grease comes out. Seriously how did all of the beauty gurus hype this up!

Update: After starting tretin-A my skin is the Sahara dessert, and this foundation sits the best now out of all my foundations. Tip: Apply without moisturiser! Sounds crazy but if this foundation isn't working for you try this