wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

3.2

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I'm 61 with normal skin that leans a touch dry. My skin is light with pink undertones......Mac NW 20..... Nude Ivory is a perfect color match. This foundation is just lovely. It goes on smoothly and delivers great coverage, stays looking beautiful from when I first put it on until I wash my face at night so that would be a good 12 hours. I do apply a light dusting of powder on top because my makeup never feels "finished" unless I do that. This foundation leaves my skin feeling very comfortable and looking flawless and at my age that speaks volumes. For $5.99 it's unbelievable! If you are my skin type and have mature skin I highly recommend this one!

on 1/21/2019 11:00:00 AM

I am 53 yrs old with combo skin. I have not worn makeup in 5 years but have a big ski Vaca coming up so decided to get some makeup and get used to wearing it again... I also missed the "girly" feeling of getting dolled up. I started asking around about foundations and a couple of people raved about this...then I read the reviews here and it said just like Revlon Color Stay, but better! Now that really excited me because before I quit wearing makeup Color Stay was my go to, I used it for years and loved it. I got this in Cream Ivory and the color was a good match. It definitely is matte, so much so you don't have to use powder, but, I don't know if it is because I am older now, use to have oily skin but now I consider it normal, but this got cakey around and under my nose, but it looked pretty good on my cheeks, but didn't hide some big pores I have. Oh, also got very cakey under my eyes which I can't have now that I have some wrinkles under my eyes. I think this would be an awesome foundation for someone with VERY oily skin. Too bad, because I had high hopes☹️. Today I bought some Maybelline Fit Matte, No Pores. I will rate that in a few days. If that does not work for me I guess I am going to have to try some foundation for aging skin... maybe Cover Girls that has the Oil Of Olay.

on 8/20/2018 4:05:00 AM

I LOVE this foundation and I don't love many. *I bought the Soft Ivory shade*
As an acne and rosacea sufferer, I've tried every foundation under the sun and honestly, none compare to how good this feels on my skin. It's light, blends so well with my beauty blender and has a lovely skin feel and look finish.

I really wish it had a pump applicator instead of the little spatula thing but I found that after a couple goes I was able to get the right amount on my blender and blissfully tap away on my skin. It also pairs amazingly well with its concealer from the same range which was my first and favourite purchase from Wet n Wild.

I find it lasts really well throughout the day but I don't expect my makeup to last over 12hrs, nor and I looking for that level of gunk on my sensitive face. I do set my concealer with a bit of powder from LA Girl and a spritz of Essence fixing spray all over and I feel good to go for the day without touchups. If I'm having a problematic day with redness that burns through which is just a rosacea treat (sighs), then I will touch up with some concealer in that area or drink a ton of water, whichever is closer. But burn through is something I've had with all foundations, least of all with this one, it feels much lighter and gentler on my sensitive skin.

I also love any foundation that looks like skin and doesn't cake or wear away in patches which I feel this one doesn't!

As a cruelty-free makeup user, WW is by far my favourite!

Also, I totally recommend trying the Oil Cleansing Method, it has been a life and skin changing find!!!

on 7/22/2018 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

If this came in the exact same glass bottle with a pump, I'd be over the moon. Still, for this price I can live with the strange little plastic applicator paddle they include inside the lid - I only use it to quickly dot some foundation on and then use either my fingers or a Beauty Blender to smooth it out. The faint smell of the product (sort of reminds me of Elmer's glue or the tempera paints they used to give you in elementary school to do art projects) does disappear quickly once applied and it hasn't caused me any issues even though I have fairly sensitive skin.

The Photo Focus Foundation to me is more of a full coverage formulation. I think others find this to be medium coverage, but as I apply my foundation first and then see where I might need a little concealer, I think it does a relatively decent job on its own evening out my skin tone and reducing some areas where there is redness and a few small spots of melasma on the tops of my cheekbones. I feel I need less concealer with the Wet n' Wild than when I use my HG CoverGirl + Olay Simply Ageless 3-in-1 Liquid Foundation. Actually, now that my HG CoverGirl is running about $18 a bottle at the drugstore, it will be getting bumped for the $6 bottle of Wet n' Wild as the addition of the pump on the CoverGirl is really just not worth the additional money. And Wet n' Wild has the added bonus of being cruelty free.

on 4/16/2018 8:39:00 PM

Here are the reasons why I gave this foundation a one lipstick rating: 1. It had a stong scent that smells exactly like paint - which is not pleasant in any way. 2. It slid around on my face and was completely worn off after a few hours, even with a primer and setting powder. 3. Before using this foundation I didn't have any trouble with my skin, but now I've got tiny bumps all over my face. 4. Even with a thin layer of foundation, it still felt really heavy and uncomfortable on my skin. 5. This foundation made my makeup brushes incredibly stiff, and I'm not able to get them clean. 6. The plastic cap kept breaking and the little spatula was awkward to use.

The only thing I liked about this foundation was the fact that its cruelty-free!

on 11/6/2017 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

For starters, this foundation is much too heavy and textured if applied with your fingers. A very light application with a damp sponge makes a lot of difference. The range of shades is good. First, I bought Porcelain but it was too light for my NC15 skin tone. The Soft ivory was just right and barely oxidizes. The coverage for redness is good but I do not like how the product accents texture. The price of $7.50 is a good buy. I certainly will have no problem using the product up but probably will continue my search for the best foundation for me.

on 9/1/2017 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

I have oily, acne prone, sensitive skin, thus:

Pros:
*medium to medium- high coverage.
*looks like skin (seriously the finish is gorgeous)
*can be layered
*long wearing
*easy to apply with fingers/brush/sponge.
*fragrance free
*nice shade range with natural tones
*affordable and accessible

Cons:
* smells like house paint
*I can feel it on my skin through the the day
*doesn't control oil
* I had more BREAKOUTS/clogged pores when I was using it. (If this was the foundation's fault or caused by the amount of Nyx Matte Loose powder I had to use to keep myself matte and smooth looking throughout the day I'm not sure. That said Im still using that powder and Im breaking out a lot less since I stopped using it. YMMV)

This is a decent foundation, its just not for my skin type in this weather (the hot, humid weather of my city exacerbates the issue). It would be better for people with normal and combination skin not prone to acne.

The deal breaker for me is the fact that I can feel it on my skin. I hate that. Also, I'm worried that it seems to be causing clogged pores and breakouts.

So far my favorite Drugstore foundation is Loreal Pro matte because its weightless (can't feel it), I can layer it to get high coverage and it has a radiant, velvet matte finish that stays that way for most of the day. I prefer it even though the Finish of WNW Photo Focus is so much more skin like and I have to use a brush with Pro Matte or it looks like crap.

I won't repurchase or use ever again, and I took two lippies off because it breaks me out, I can FEEL IT on my skin all day (itchy and annoying), and it smells like house paint.

I actually really hate this foundation and am totally surprised when I see it talked up in the beauty-sphere. Number one, it smells god-awful. I'm not usually one to complain about scents, and I don't need all my products to smell like roses, but this was just unbearable. It smelled like cheap paint and it never faded, I could smell it on my face all day. Aside from that, it just ended up bringing out all my texture issues, so I just looked like a bumpy, cakey mess. The longevity was average for me, about 7 to 8 hours, but it just looked so uneven, even though I applied it with my real techniques sponge.

The bright side is that the shade I bought, nude ivory, was a great match for my neutral fair skintone. I also only paid about $6 for this at CVS, so it's a great option of this works for you (although I can only see it working for people with normal skin completely free of any texture issues like closed comedomes, acne scars, dry patches, ect., and those people might not even be inclined to choosing this medium-full coverage foundation). Either way, I advise you to save your money and look for better rated drugstore options.

on 5/4/2017 8:50:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I'm a little on the fence with this one. I don't hate it, but don't love it either.

Pros:
-After powder, blush and contour is applied, this gives me the most natural finish of any foundation I've used.
-Holds up as well as my high-end foundations for long days at the office without oxidizing or moving around (with primer and set with powder and setting spray like I do with all my foundation).
-sheer coverage, but buildable without getting cakey.

Cons:
-Shade. This probably wouldn't be an issue for most people since there is such a range of colours, but as always on my vampire face, even the lightest shade is too dark and yellow-toned for me, meaning I'm left to even out the shade with powder or mixing to make it match.
-It's buildable, but if you have problem skin or more extreme redness/discolouration, this isn't going to do anything for you and it's still going to need to be used with a good concealer for small problem areas, whereas with other foundations, I can get away with not using concealer.
-If I don't use a really good primer, this does tend to rub off and separate on my noise quite a lot, but this is the case with a lot of foundations, so it's likely more to do with my weird skin than the product itself. However, there are a handful of products I don't have that problem with, so this could be better in that respect.

I have combo skin and my T-zone somehow manages to get both oily and dry at the same time (how does that even happen), and this does a decent job of not accentuating any weird texture on my face too much, so in that respect, it's better than most foundations I've tried. I do find I need to work with it a bit to get it even, so it's not something that I feel like I can slap on my face before running out the door, but when I can put the time in, it really gives a great natural finish to my skin without looking like I have a ton of product on. It goes on light and doesn't feel heavy and does a decent job at evening out my skin without suffocating it. My skin does have some redness in it in the cheek area, and trying to get it even between the redder areas and regular areas is what takes me the longest. For people with more even complexions, this would probably be less of an issue.

For application, I find it's best to use a beauty blender or other sponge applicator, as the formula is VERY thin and prone to brush stokes when applying with a brush. I also feel like this is a more oily formula, so it's probably best to set this with a powder.

Overall, not a bad foundation for less than $10 and I'll be keeping it in my regular rotation for good skin days. My favourite way to use it has actually been to mix it half and half with my UD All Nighter foundation. That one's a tad on the light side (but the next shade up is too dark when it dries down) and is extremely full coverage, so this helps thin it down a bit, evens out both colours and gives a better overall finish than I get with either of the two products on their own.

Love this foundation!!!! It's my new HG and I actually like it better than my MUF HD stick foundation which is $40. It has full coverage, great color selection, looks like skin and good in all lights as it claims! The only downfall is that it dries quick so blend quick and really pay attention to the hair line and it can cling to your hair