wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

3.2

on 3/27/2018 8:49:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Surprised at the terrible reviews here. I'm a 50 year old lady with super sensitive skin, mild rosacea, huge pores on my nose, pale olive w/yellow undertone. Got this as store was out of the e.l.f. beautifully bare foundation serum that I usually use. It smells exactly like the old school revlon colorstay (like latex paint lol) but the smell dissipates quickly. And it is nowhere near as drying as the colorstay that emphasizes every tiny wrinkle - ugh! I apply extra moisturizer first, followed by primer. I apply a TINY amount with a stippling brush in small sections and use a beauty blender on each section IMMEDIATELY as it dries instantly. It lasts all day at work and the nose area needs touched up only if I keep it on for the evening until bedtime. Great color match for me (neutral buff bisque) which I'm especially happy about because I have enormous difficulty finding foundations for my skin tone.
EDIT - after using this regularly for 3 or 4 weeks I developed a lovely combination of dry flaky skin AND painful cystic acne. This product will never go anywhere near my face again

on 1/24/2018 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Lasts all day, not patchy and does not cling to the dry parts of my skin. I normally would never use a drug store foundation as I have very sensitive skin but it has not caused any reaction. I needed to switch from Nars sheer glow after they decided to test on animals and I wish I had switched years ago. Nars wore off quickly and clung to dry patches in comparison.
Smells like house paint in the bottle but the smell dissipates really quickly and does smell at all when on your face.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Cheap foundation isn't my thing. I've always been a true believer in the idea that cheap means bad quality- for certain products. I'm a drug store junkie too, but foundation has always been hard for me to buy at Walgreens or Walmart. This is for a couple reasons: 1) I break out (sometimes even from non-comedogenic products, 2) Olive skin is hard to match in drug store brands (yellow undertones), and 3) I have concerns about the ingredients in cheap products.

Soooo, because I've heard great things about this foundation, I wanted to give it a try. It's supposed to be a dupe for NARS All Day luminous foundation, which is one of my favorites.

Packaging: It's pretty simple, nothing fancy. It comes in a glass bottle with a black cap and has a little spatula applicator. I really don't care for the spatula. I would prefer a pump or a large doe foot applicator brush.

Formula: It seems to be very light and liquidy, definitely not a mouse or a thick creme. It feels a little oily when I applied it to my skin, but seemed to mattify after a couple minutes.

Color: The color was pretty close to what I need as an olive girl. I have light olive skin with yellow undertones and it is SO HARD for me to find a foundation that matches me skin. NARS Punjab has been the only winner up to now.

Coverage; The coverage is light, but buildable. I liked that i could add more if I wanted to and it didn't cake. But, I do have issues in the wear. It doesn't last all day. By the time I got home it was almost all off (8 Hour Day).

Overall, I really like it. The price is great, the look is nice, and it feels light on my skin. I feel like it could definitely be an every day foundation; but, wouldn't be my go to for vacation or special events.

I got a free sample of this foundation with a Wet n' Wild order and I was really shocked at how good it is! I quickly bought a full size for about $6.50. Wet n' wild has really stepped up their game! This foundation is lightweight and somewhat buildable. I feel that you could achieve medium coverage. It works for my oily/ combination skin because it doesn't add any extra moisture. The finish is very natural. It doesn't have perfume or doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. They have 20 shades. I'm about NC25 and wear "Buff Bisque/ light medium neutral."

I usually wear Neutrogena's Healthy Skin Enhancer which is sheer and moisturizing in shade 30. I wear Too Faced Light Beige (but that provides too much coverage and moisture for me.) I generally find drug store brands superior to high end. Because of price and of irritating ingredients in some high end brands.

on 3/29/2017 1:26:00 AM

To be fair, I don't normally use liquid foundations, having discovered that mineral powder foundations work much better for me. However, I thought I'd try this one in porcelain, since it has excellent reviews and a very affordable price point. It wasn't so bad, but I was reminded again why I don't like liquid foundations. The cakiness, the uneven distribution, the way it almost pooled strangly in the pores around my upper cheeks, leaving hardly anything on the surface was strange. I even tried to use it with a good pore filling primer, to no avail. I did apply it with an actual beauty blender, rather than a brush. Perhaps another means of application would work better? I have no notion. What I do know is that I am happily going back to my mineral powder foundation...and no more experiments.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

(FOR REFERENCE I HAVE COMBINATION/OILY SKIN)
With this product all I can say is: Less is definitely more.
Following what I read here, I dabbed teeny tiny amounts of this with the spatula all over my face and proceeded to blend with a damp sponge in a downward motion. The coverage was pretty impressive and natural looking in my opinion. I even applied this underneath my eyes as a concealer, and didn't set it with a powder. Even though it had a tacky feeling I trusted the foundation and it did not budge throughout the day (I even went to the beach wearing this and it stayed put).
I feel like if you apply more than one layer of this, it will look very cakey and weird. The consistency is light and watery but it sets down to a powder satin finish.
Now for the many cons: The smell is just like house paint, no exaggeration and no joke.
Even though I have pale skin with strong yellow undertones, it was a hassle for me to find a matching shade. The color selection is either too pale and pink or too orange and tan (my closest match was bronze beige). If you don't blend and fade this out on the perimeters of your face it will set weird like a mask so you need to blend and work this a lot before it dries.
If you have dry skin or dry patches DO NOT BUY THIS FOUNDATION.
I will edit this review in case more thoughts about this product come to mind during the week.

on 3/3/2017 12:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My new favorite foundation! It's a good price and has a great color selection. The finish says it's supposed to be matte but I disagree on my skin it look very natural and a skin like finish with I would say build-able coverage

on 2/20/2017 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I bought this foundation before looking at any reviews. I instantly fell in love. I see many reviewers saying how they hate the spatula. I actually love it. It makes it so much easier to control how much product I am getting out at one time. Also, I find this to be more medium coverage than light with one application. It builds up really well and covers all my imperfections. It also wears well throughout the day with no oxidation on me. I will see how it holds up in the warmer weather, but for now no issues with it wearing off, even without a primer. In terms of application, I have had no issues at all. I use a foundation brush from E.L.F and the foundation applies seamlessly. In terms of color match, the Soft Beige, which states on the bottle is light-medium-warm, is perfect for my neutral-warm complexion. It definitely has a yellow undertone, but that works very well for me. Overall, this is a definite keeper!

I absolutely love this foundation! For about $5, I think it's incredible.
I bought it the day it came to my local Walgreens, and I wore it all through the next day. This foundation claims to have been tested in 7 different light conditions, and I believe it. I applied it with my trusty RealTechniques sponge, and it blended very nicely! One thing I would note is that it does dry down fast, so you may want to work in sections. The coverage is medium-high, but is pretty buildable. After setting my face with some translucent powder, I took to the camera on my phone to see if this was true to its claim, and it was!

The foundation wore pretty nicely throughout the day, and retained the "no-flashback" effect, as I tested it many times. Overall, for the price, this foundation can't be beaten! Wet N' Wild is killing the game right now!

on 4/7/2019 11:25:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

So I was short on money at the time and needed to buy a foundation that matched my skin tone, didn't make my skin look oily, and covered my blemishes. I went to the drugstore with very little money and thought finding a foundation that could do all of the above until I could afford a more expensive product would be inevitable. I had never tried wet n wild before and honestly thought because it was so cheap that I would end up being dissatisfied and throwing it away soon. I was pleasantly surprised. This foundation I bought in nude ivory was exactly the right shade i needed. Check. It didn't make my skin look oily like other more expensive brands have done in the past. Check. It covered my blemishes. Check. The formulation of this foundation is brilliant. I set it with some powder and I was good to go. This foundation is very buildable and well. I got more than I could ask for and this was around $6 or $7. I also saw that wet n wild is cruelty free, another plus! Oh, but the best part? I absolutely LOVE the application that comes in this. It is awesome and I don't have to dump the foundation all over my hand or brush to get it out. I can't say enough about this awesome product!