wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

3.2

on 3/15/2017 12:28:00 PM

I had high hopes for this, despite mixed reviews. I've worn it the last 3 days, and tried different methods to make it work and I hated it each time. I'll be taking it back today. I bought it for a total of $6.35 at Walgreens in the color classic beige. I looked at the colors for a long time before I decided on this shade. I even grabbed revlon colorstay in 330 off the shelf to compare because I have that one at home and love the color. I don't mind the spatula but it is kind of weird because it's such a liquidy formula. I like the formula though because it doesn't feel heavy. I just dip the spatula in and out and wipe some on the back of my hand. Monday I used this with the smashbox pore minimizing primer, a bb to apply the foundation and used setting spray even though someone said it reacts weird. I thought it looked ok, nothing special. You could still see acne marks and my scarring. But all day I was paranoid I looked orange. I asked 3 people and even sent a picture to my friend but they all said I didn't look orange, 1 just said I was orange by my hairline. Most of the orangeyness WAS at the top by my hairline. Maybe it collects on vellus hairs in a bad way? I usually shave the white peach fuzz off my face but don't get too close because I don't want to accidently shave away at my hairline. It lasted well but I hated feeling like that. Yesterday I applied over benefit porefessional(I hate both of the primers mentioned btw but I'm using up porefessional and was testing the smashbox one) with an oval brush and my ud all nighter again. YUCK. This looked so weird, almost like crumbly and spotty I guess? I can't even describe it. And it looked like I didn't have anything on my chin. I feel like I'm so much more in tune with how things look on myself now since becoming an esthetician and since having a bad time with my skin. I wanted to rip my skin off yesterday and couldn't wait to get home and wash my face because I felt like I looked so horrible. Today I applied it with no primer and no setting spray with a beauty blender. Also the 1st and 3rd days I applied coty airspun all over with a brush. The 2nd day I applied the same powder with my bb. I still feel like today, with using two layers instead of one this time, it's not covering much or making my skin look that great and that weird chin thing is happening again. I also omitted bronzer on my perimeter thinking that was somehow making my hairline orange but nope, it's this. It still happened today. I've never paid attention to a foundation Oxidizing before because I didn't care but now I notice it and I hate it. My skin is textured/has acne scars, but it's neither oily nor dry. This makes me look like I have dry patches in some places. I thought this would be a nice lightweight/cheap foundation with good coverage for me because I thought a lot of people that hated it were very dry but this just sucks unfortunately. Still love you wnw but this was such a disappointment, I thought it was going to be great.

on 3/1/2017 10:32:00 PM

This foundation has definitely reached HG status for me. It has a nice color selection, actually its one of the few drug store foundations that have a shade pale enough for my skin. The finish is really nice(matte, without being overly matte) and it didn't settle into my laugh lines. I took one lippie away because i have to moisturize and use a hydrating primer to keep it from sticking to my dry patches.

This felt very drying and is very matte. It reminds me of Revlon Colorstay. It looks like I am wearing foundation- not skin like at all. The positive is that it lasts all day.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I recently went on vacation and got tan so I needed a quick and cheap foundation from the drugstore to match. I was really surprised with this one! The formula is really thin so it feels weightless on the face. I actually like the applicator as I find it gives the perfect amount of product. The consistency actually reminds me of the bare minerals liquid foundation but not as "oily." It can cake up around the nose for me. WnW foundations always looks best set with a powder. I haven't tried the powder from the same line but any old one will do (I use Milani multitask). I did notice this foundation does NOT look good with a setting spray. I think the spray alters the texture and moves/removes product and just doesn't look good. Texture wise, my skin is doing well at the moment so this foundation isn't a problem but I can imagine issues arising if you're dealing with problematic skin. Longevity is roughly 6 hours for my normal skin - it doesn't look as good at the end of a regular work day. Also, this is a foundation you need to spend time blending out. I used to have problems with the L'Oréal True Match being patchy and too liquidy to blend out and this borderlines that issue but I use the Real Techniques Expert face brush and have had no problems so far. I don't recommend a beauty blender (will absorb product), a dirty brush (will cause streaks), flat top brush (too thin of a foundation for that), and I'm kind of afraid to use a buffing brush because it might emphasize texture. Overall satisfied with the performance, color match (no oxidizing), and price I paid for.

on 2/23/2017 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have just used this past week, and so far I'm pretty happy. I am light skin , blueish green eyes, dry/normal. My skin is dry but not flaky at this time. I apply my moisturizer then this foundation. I have not remembered to use my primer yet so no comment on this over moisturizing primer.
I liked it best using my fingers to rub it in. the spatula attached to cap is not my favorite thing. i rather just pour a little out, but it's not a big deal. Its consistency is similar to maybelline fit me foundation, liquidy but not watery. on me, this foundation lasts all day. it covers nicely, I'd say medium coverage. the color match is quite good, i use soft beige. It's affordable and has not made me break out or emphasize pores/dry skin. Granted my skin is decent but bit dry. For a cheap drugstore buy, i'm quite satisfied. I'm really pleased that I found a good color match for myself this winter. I'm mostly can use Ivory as my shade, but some lines are too pale and the next shade usually too dark, so I seemed to have more issues this year. I'm warm toned as well. Soft beige was a good warm, light shade.
Edit: after using a few more weeks I lowered my rating. As far as consistency and color selection my opinion is the same. My problem is with my dry skin it seems to show that dryness very much the more days I used it. I guess it's the demi-matte type finish. It just seemed to make my forehead look dryer and textured even though I don't have texture. It just emphasized the dry skin. So this will not end up working for me as affordable foundation. I still think it's a good DS buy just not best for dryer skin types. I gave mine away and will not be purchasing again now.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is approaching holy grail territory for me.. first off, I walk to work and I live in Canada. So I need a foundation that can take a freaking beating from the elements. I also need something that can wear all work day, put up with my combo skin, has decent coverage and preferably not have to blot... So a bit of a tall order I guess.

This foundation has met all of my expectations. The only downsides I have found are that it doesn't have amazing oil control, nor does it claim to- it's decent but after 8 or so hours it can start getting shiny. I think a good mattifying powder will fix this. The other problem I have I think could also be fixed with a better powder- it hates my glasses. If I touch my face it feels matte/maybe satin but my glasses tend to slide down and ruin that bit of foundation. I'm going to mix up my primer and powder and I think that will fix it.

Still this is the only foundation I've ever been this please with and the price is so affordable. It's a beautiful finish, satin like, soft, a good medium coverage, good wear and lightweight.

I think super oily girls may get annoyed with this one. I also think it may cling to very dry skin- I wouldn't call it drying but it's not moisturizing either.

So in short- great price, good wear, natural looking finish, medium coverage. However, not mattifying or high oil control, may cling to dry patches, oh and it smells a bit odd but it goes away. Like a paint smell.

on 1/23/2019 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

First of all when they discontinued my Coverall Foundation I thought my world was coming to an end. I Decided to try something new and stick with the brand that I love WET N WILD in Photofocus Foundation. The do have a wide variety of shades so you shouldn't have a problem finding your color. Something I have never seen before is the applicator wand. It is simply just a plastic stick when I am used to tubes and pumps. hmf… I decided to dab tiny dots all over my face and blend in with my beauty blender and I got a full coverage foundation with no streaks and does not look oily in which I have oily facial sking. The Price point cannot be beat and it is an overall replacement to my Coverall Foundation . I now have a new Foundation I can recommend.....the Trick is to not be fooled by thebone of a kind Apllicatior !!! BOSSGLOSS APPROVED!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was skeptical, but this has become one of my favorite foundations. I tend to prefer tinted moisturizers to traditional foundation, but sometimes I want a perfected, airbrushed finish. My holy grail foundation is Guerlain Lingerie de Peau, but Photo Focus is giving it serious competition! I apply with a BeautyBlender and mix in a bit of liquid highlighter if I want more glow, because it's a bit matte. For the price, I'm ecstatic about it.

Sigh... the pro: great buildable almost airbrushed coverage that seems to melt into your skin, looks great in photos, and that's about it. Cons: can you say cystic acne breakout? I wish this would have not broken me out! I loved the coverage. I have no doubt this foundation was the culprit. Another con, why doesn't this come in a pump or tube?? I hate clunky chunky jars and what's with the spatula?? Anyway, I wanted to love this, but the acne is a dealbreaker.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really like this foundation. I bought it because it was cheap and I wanted to give it a try. God knows I don't need anymore makeup let alone foundation. I don't mind the smell because it has no artificial fragrance in it. If it did, I would break out into a rash. The smell is the natural chemicals in the foundation, which I'm 100 percent fine with. The formula is GREAT! I was really surprised. It's far better than EL doublewear and Revlon's colorstay. It kept me matte all day and night. For reference I wore Paula's choice primer underneath it and Colorscience spf 50 body sunscreen underneath that. It does not transfer either. It's 28 degrees here, where I live. I'm wearing a turtleneck, a hat, scarf, etc and no makeup mess on my clothes. I also wore it to a museum where the heat was cranked up and I sweated like a mother f*cker and my makeup stayed in place like nothing I've ever seen with no transfer. It gives you medium coverage right off the bat. It would be really hard to get light coverage on this. The bottle can get messy, but I don't care because the makeup is only $4.00. The color I got is SHELL IVORY. It has a beige undertone which I don't like. It did oxidize a bit on me. I wanted something a tad lighter with yellow undertone. (I bought this online on Amazon). I also bought porcelain which was ghostly on me. I also bought ROSE IVORY which is the EXACT same shade as SHELL IVORY -wtf? I will need to buy a better shade because I love this makeup. It also blends really fast - unlike EL's doublewear which takes me forever to get right.