wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

3.2

on 4/2/2017 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love the packaging of this foundation.
The actual product not so much. Its not a terrible foundation but its not that good.
It does have a really good coverage,I would say full,but it looks cakey specially if youre wearing primer under it.
It never really sets no matter how much powder I use,it feels sticky,and makes me oily
I could see this working on dry or normal skin maybe,I wouldnt recommend it for oily skin

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Not bad for the price. I love wetnwild products and I'm a loyal customer. I like the coverage and finish of this foundation. It looks great for a few hours then it starts settling into fine lines and my face starts to look oily. I'm going to try Primers and setting sprays to see if there's a difference.

2/24/19 Update: Fabulous foundation! No settling into my laugh lines and looks flawless and beautiful! Must use a good primer, setting powder and setting spray. It's amazing! Thanks wetnwild!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

If you have sensitive or acne-prone skin I wouldn't recommend this at all. I have acne scarring and it takes a few layers to have full coverage. It's easy for this foundation to look cakey. I had high hopes for this foundation, but it broke me out BAD. I'm upset because I've worked hard and stuck to a regimen to make my skin clear again. Unfortunately, this foundation ruined that. I blame myself because this was so cheap to buy ($5). I should've known better.

on 4/4/2017 12:43:00 AM

~Things i liked about product
Loved the bottle!
Looks nice on skin when applied with a beauty blender type of sponge.
So many shades to choose from!
Most of the shades are online, most of the stores don't carry all of the shades.

~Things i hated about product
Does not blend well with a brush.
When product sets it gets darker.
Looks horrible with matching powder.

on 4/5/2017 12:39:00 PM

Clings to dry patches, application is hard to get even and blend, oxidizes, very minimal wear time.

on 4/7/2017 12:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I never saw this one coming, but…despite the breakouts, I actually like this.

Desert Beige is the perfect match for my NC40-42 skin, whereas other foundations were too yellow/orange or gave me a grayish cast. This formula doesn't oxidize on me--it stays true to tone, in both natural and indoor lighting. Lightweight on my skin, yet full-coverage, I don't even realize my skin is suffocating; one week in, my cheeks were covered in 1mm fleshtone bumps. I apply with a beautyblender and haven't needed to set with powder.

I haven't been able to find a replacement for my HG Skin79 Bronze BB (my perfect skin match), so despite the breakouts, and at an easy price, this does the job for now.

on 4/7/2017 11:40:00 AM

To be honest, this is the closest thing I've found to "holy grail" status. This foundation has its issues, but it also has some great points.

I have the world's dryest (sp?) skin, rosacea, sensitive skin, and areas of huge pores, as well as aging skin and a couple of areas that look like little pinholes in the skin. I'm sensitive to dimethicone, and I'm freakishly sensitive to aloe of all things. I used to have beautiful skin, and suddenly it just went downhill fast. It's been a struggle to find things that work for me now, and even more of a struggle to get a good color match and finish.

I'm a fan of Wet N Wild, so I picked this up without having read reviews or checking ingredients. I know, sounds like a recipe for disaster, right? I immediately put it on and could not BELIEVE how nice it was. The websit says matte finish, but I'd call it more of a demi matte or satin finish. I was not like POWDERY matte, but Not shiny or dewy either. The weight and initial feel was very Luminous Silk from Armani, which concerned me because LS sinks into my pores and slides around my face like an oil slick (weird for dry skin), and then I'm somehow DRYER when I take it off. However, the WnW stayed put without setting powder or primer, it didn't itch or feel heavy, didn't oxidize, didn't sink into pores and lines, and didn't budge for hours except at the very tip of my nose. Awesome, right?

I tried a second layer for a bit more coverage, and I did notice a little accentuation of pores and lines at that point, but it still didn't settle in like everything else I tried in the past.

So what's wrong with it? Well, sadly, there a few things. The first issue is the consistency from one day to the next. Some days it looks really perfect and flawless and a perfect color match, and other days it oxidizes (though less than some brands), settles more into nooks and crannies, and doesn't play well with others products. It also breaks down quicker on those days. I just want a product that is easy to use, makes me still look like me but better, and that will always give the same result.

So can I recommend this? For six bucks, absolutely. Will I keep looking for better? Yeah.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Looked good for a hour then my skin got very oily. Broke me out.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I love this foundation. After the popularity surrounding this foundation, I had to try it. I have dry skin, with some acne scarring. The packaging is quite nice, with a glass bottle and spatula applicator. The spatula makes it easy to apply the proper amount. The foundation itself is quite liquid, yet sets quickly. It is easy to blend, and lasts a long time. This foundation acts like a more expensive foundation, yet costs less than $5.00. I recommend this foundation to anyone with dry skin, in need of coverage.

on 4/7/2017 7:03:00 PM

For starters, I have very dehydrated skin. I don't have any flakey patches or specific dry areas, just all around parched kind of look. The first day I tried this, it stayed on well throughout the ENTIRE day, except the nose area. It didn't feel heavy on my skin, but it was the type of foundation where when you touched your face....you think "oh sh*t, I'm going to ruin my makeup" you know? It was heavy without feeling heavy. The second time, I use the Artis Oval 7 brush (first time was a beauty sponge) and it emphasized my pores, looked heavy and dry. This is partially due to my dry skin so take it with a grain of salt. I even mixed it with LA Girl's illuminating foundation. I will play around with this more but my first impression was that it was better than expected, just not ideal after the second use. It was worth the money and much better than Loreal Pro Glow!