wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

3.2

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I recently went on vacation and got tan so I needed a quick and cheap foundation from the drugstore to match. I was really surprised with this one! The formula is really thin so it feels weightless on the face. I actually like the applicator as I find it gives the perfect amount of product. The consistency actually reminds me of the bare minerals liquid foundation but not as "oily." It can cake up around the nose for me. WnW foundations always looks best set with a powder. I haven't tried the powder from the same line but any old one will do (I use Milani multitask). I did notice this foundation does NOT look good with a setting spray. I think the spray alters the texture and moves/removes product and just doesn't look good. Texture wise, my skin is doing well at the moment so this foundation isn't a problem but I can imagine issues arising if you're dealing with problematic skin. Longevity is roughly 6 hours for my normal skin - it doesn't look as good at the end of a regular work day. Also, this is a foundation you need to spend time blending out. I used to have problems with the L'Oréal True Match being patchy and too liquidy to blend out and this borderlines that issue but I use the Real Techniques Expert face brush and have had no problems so far. I don't recommend a beauty blender (will absorb product), a dirty brush (will cause streaks), flat top brush (too thin of a foundation for that), and I'm kind of afraid to use a buffing brush because it might emphasize texture. Overall satisfied with the performance, color match (no oxidizing), and price I paid for.

This felt very drying and is very matte. It reminds me of Revlon Colorstay. It looks like I am wearing foundation- not skin like at all. The positive is that it lasts all day.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

More reviews by MarvelousBee

This product is underwelming. I've tried wearing and applying it 4 different times and all have been disappointed. I've applied it with a beauty blender, flat top brush, and a stippling brush if I spelled that right. Just didn't move around or sit right. I used it with a primer and without one still broke up on my face around my mouth and it was on for about a hour or 2. If you do use this foundation you have to work fast because once it dries that's it. I had to work too hard to make this foundation work for me and then it was cakey and it separated not even after a full day. I'm going to give it one more try without a setting spray and use a different type of brush to apply it and try not to use a lot of it to see if that helps. I made a very honest review about this product on YouTube.
More reviews by MarvelousBee

on 2/27/2017 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Good foundation, it works great!!!

on 3/1/2017 10:32:00 PM

This foundation has definitely reached HG status for me. It has a nice color selection, actually its one of the few drug store foundations that have a shade pale enough for my skin. The finish is really nice(matte, without being overly matte) and it didn't settle into my laugh lines. I took one lippie away because i have to moisturize and use a hydrating primer to keep it from sticking to my dry patches.

on 3/3/2017 12:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My new favorite foundation! It's a good price and has a great color selection. The finish says it's supposed to be matte but I disagree on my skin it look very natural and a skin like finish with I would say build-able coverage

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

After using this foundation for a few weeks I can say that I love it, but only if I use the right moisturizer under it and if my skin is not dry. This has decent coverage for me and it lasts, but I never use it with a primer. I don't love the packaging and would prefer a pump bottle, but the shade selection is good. You won't find the entire range in stores, but they are online. I prefer a foundation that sets nicely on skin and doesn't look like a mask, and that's what this does. This is lightweight but pigmented, and I never have to use a powder over it. This does have a scent that some describe as "paint", but most foundations do, and they try to cover that with added fragrance. It does not bother me.

on 3/5/2017 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Now, I am most definitely not a fussy person. Only one word can is needed to begin this review, and I'm positive you know what it's going to be.

PAINT.

Ok. Maybe I'm just having a hard last couple of weeks because I am not usually bothered by smells, the only thing that really turns my stomach is the smell of death. If you're lucky enough to not have smelled it before, death is the smell of a (insert unlucky creature's species name HERE) carcass that's been baking all day on the hot asphalt of an old country road, under the searing rays of the mid-August sun somewhere in Alabame. Down south, the heat and obnoxious humidity will only cause this poor critter to decompose at an extraordinary rate. Decomposing critters combined with the thickness and stale air experienced during those long summer days means that you better roll them windows up or you'll learn about the stench of death quick, fast and in a hurry! So tell me why the smell of this foundation was utterly unbearable to me?!

And who else is over new gadgets and contraptions? Remember those days when all we wanted was a PUMP?! It's like we blazed past pumps, probably the most universally perfect method for dispensing almost all foundations, to droppers and now spatulas. Even if you only casually read reviews here on MUA or elsewhere on the Internet, you will quickly learn that the droppers were universally disliked by the populace. It seemed like not a single brand, whether drugstore or HE, was able to get it right. I'm always game for something new but I just can't get behind the included spatula either...This issue is similar my issue with the overwhelming (to ME) paint smell: I am NOT a germaphobe! When I first opened it, I looked at the odd little spatula and was truly at a loss for what to do next. I deduced through careful analysis (HAHAHA not really) and came to the conclusion that, unless you deposit what you'll need from the spatula onto a mixing palette, a CLEAN foundation brush or a CLEAN beauty sponge, you WILL introduce germs, bacteria and oils back into the bottle. Yuck. I honestly don't know why this is even an issue for me but it is. I don't doubt for a hot second that there's ladies out there that will sanitize that silly little spatula after every use! To that, I say, "Do you baby girl!!"

The 'Photo Focus' formula is too lacking for me to even consider that kind of effort. When I wore it last, I applied it, walked away and several minutes later, I returned to see that the foundation had at least set to a wonderful looking satin finish. Please note that the satin finish may have more to do with my own personal skincare than the foundation itself. Unfortunately, the next step in my makeup application process was its third strike against it. Using the Real Techniques, I dusted what I felt was a light amount of the powder also released as part of the collection...And I suddenly looked like a freaking corpse!! The foundation went completely stark flat and matte!! It was like the foundation had absorbed the powder and not in a way that could work in our favor. It was true a mask, clinging and suffocating to my skin.

Asta la vista baby! It's rare for me to not find something workable within a product but, man, this one was just not good for me. As we all know, YMMV. I did what felt right to me and promptly exchanged it for 'Wet N Wilds' resurrected and insanely hyped 'Precious Petals' highlighter at my local CVS. Winning!

This is a decent drugstore foundation in my own opinion. I have been searching for this foundation for months and alas it finally arrived in Canada and Walmart has fully restocked their shelves with this foundation.

I got mine in two shades Buff Bisque (Light/Medium Neutral) and Soft Beige (Light/Medium Warm). I am MAC NC 20 - 25 and I find that these two shades work pretty well for me. However, I am loving how the Buff Bisque matches me quite better.

I have a dry combination skin that gets worse during the winter months. If you are a dry skin gal, please prep your skin pretty well with this foundation. It is very POWDERY!

I knew from the get go that this will be drying and I made sure that I used a beauty oil and a moisturizing sun block with my skin care routine. I also used FIX+ before and after makeup application.

The coverage is light - medium buildable but has the tendency to get cakey if you don't layer carefully.

Overall, it is a great foundation for combo and not too oily skin gals once your oils mixes with the foundation.
I got this for $ 7.49 CAD at Walmart - not too bad

I hope this review helps.

P.S. Anyone complaining about the Spatula applicator, please bear in mind ladies. You don't pour out your concealer in a dish. You're actually dipping back your doe foot applicator in and out of the concealer tube all the time and you are still alive, just saying.

I recently purchased this foundation in several shades. I wanted to love it so much because I read and heard great reviews. I hate this foundation. It looks cakey arpund my eyebrows, nose and mouth. My glasses rub the product off. I was using it with both a primer and setting powder and setting spray. It transferred everywhere. very unsatisfied.