wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

3.2

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Color is great, doesn't oxidize on me. Breaks up after a few hours and it's hard to build coverage. Bad formula good colors and Idea

on 2/19/2017 8:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

yo, this stuff is horrible. I'm oily as hell and it made me look dry, it broke up on my nose and WOULD NOT blend out. the packaging is horrible. this feels like a primer on your face, but not in a good way. it sits on top of your skin and feels like it's coming off the whole day. it has little to no coverage. the only good thing was the color match, i was the lightest shade and it is a godsend for pale people.

on 2/20/2017 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I bought this foundation before looking at any reviews. I instantly fell in love. I see many reviewers saying how they hate the spatula. I actually love it. It makes it so much easier to control how much product I am getting out at one time. Also, I find this to be more medium coverage than light with one application. It builds up really well and covers all my imperfections. It also wears well throughout the day with no oxidation on me. I will see how it holds up in the warmer weather, but for now no issues with it wearing off, even without a primer. In terms of application, I have had no issues at all. I use a foundation brush from E.L.F and the foundation applies seamlessly. In terms of color match, the Soft Beige, which states on the bottle is light-medium-warm, is perfect for my neutral-warm complexion. It definitely has a yellow undertone, but that works very well for me. Overall, this is a definite keeper!

I soooo wanted to love this! I actually really liked the spatula, and once on the foundation looked great. My contour and blush powders blended seemlessly, which I loved. Unfortunately, the foundation broke down and easily wiped off not too long after application. It made my face feel unusually greasy, and I couldn't wait to wipe the stuff off when I got home.

For the price, this foundation is alright. It applies pretty easily and evenly and does look very good when you first put it on. It also has a nice variety of shades to choose from. However, the scent of this is unbearable. It has a very strong chemical smell and it lingers after you put it on. I normally don't mind a bit of an off scent with cosmetics, but this one is bad. It also did not wear well on me at all. I tried it with both the benefit professional primer and smashbox oil free pore minimizing primer and set it with the wet n wild photo focus powder (which I love!) A few hours after applying it, it settled in my pores and exaggerated them a lot.

on 2/23/2017 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have just used this past week, and so far I'm pretty happy. I am light skin , blueish green eyes, dry/normal. My skin is dry but not flaky at this time. I apply my moisturizer then this foundation. I have not remembered to use my primer yet so no comment on this over moisturizing primer.
I liked it best using my fingers to rub it in. the spatula attached to cap is not my favorite thing. i rather just pour a little out, but it's not a big deal. Its consistency is similar to maybelline fit me foundation, liquidy but not watery. on me, this foundation lasts all day. it covers nicely, I'd say medium coverage. the color match is quite good, i use soft beige. It's affordable and has not made me break out or emphasize pores/dry skin. Granted my skin is decent but bit dry. For a cheap drugstore buy, i'm quite satisfied. I'm really pleased that I found a good color match for myself this winter. I'm mostly can use Ivory as my shade, but some lines are too pale and the next shade usually too dark, so I seemed to have more issues this year. I'm warm toned as well. Soft beige was a good warm, light shade.
Edit: after using a few more weeks I lowered my rating. As far as consistency and color selection my opinion is the same. My problem is with my dry skin it seems to show that dryness very much the more days I used it. I guess it's the demi-matte type finish. It just seemed to make my forehead look dryer and textured even though I don't have texture. It just emphasized the dry skin. So this will not end up working for me as affordable foundation. I still think it's a good DS buy just not best for dryer skin types. I gave mine away and will not be purchasing again now.

on 2/23/2017 8:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this in the shade Golden Beige from my local Target and have tested it out a few times. Overall, the foundation is decent, especially for the price. It has medium coverage, and while it is buildable to full, it starts to look cakey if you layer too much. The finish isn't overly matte or dewey, but oily skin may need to set with powder. I haven't taken any flash photos while wearing this so can't comment on the claims of no flashback or white cast. The glass packaging is very elegant, but some people may have hygiene concerns about the plastic paddle-like applicator (personally I don't see it any differently than using my Shape Tape, but that's just my opinion). My only complaint is that the foundation oxidized on my skin about an hour after application. I may purchase it in a lighter shade and save this one for summer wear.

Pros:
budget friendly
nice glass packaging
medium coverage
impressive shade range (20 on WnW website)

Cons:
paddle applicator may be unhygienic
oxidizes
can look cakey if layered
oily skin will need to powder

I'm pleasantly surprised with this foundation. Very little goes a long way. Easily full coverage. I prefer application with a damp sponge. It sets fairly fast so trying to blend it after just removes it. I haven't needed a powder since I like the natural satin finish. I have pretty balanced skin and I haven't had an issue with break down or excessive oil. It's usually on sale so I would say it's worth a try for the cheap price. The liquid texture reminds me of the loreal magic nude foundation that I loved but with more pigment. If it's too much coverage mix it with a moisturizer.

on 2/24/2017 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I was excited to try this one out based on other reviews but it did not work for me at all. From first try it was hard to blend and patchy. The foundation stuck to some areas and wouldn't stick to others, my whole forehead looked dry and flakey, and it attached to areas around my nose and chin instantly. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone, I have combination skin and can't imagine it will work for normal, combination, or dry skin types.

on 2/24/2017 7:24:00 PM

I don't really write reviews for anything very often but I really needed to say something about this. I have tried quite a few foundations and I haven't liked all of them but usually they just make me feel meh. This though, this is awful. The only really good thing I can say is that it didn't oxidize.

It was weird and patchy applying it to my face. I worked with it enough that it eventually looked mostly okay. Not my favorite, but not the worst either. However, by the time I got to work it was already starting to break up on my nose. I have combo skin but that has never happened to me before.

By lunch time it was mostly gone from my nose and near my hairline. What was left on my forehead had a weird texture to it and it had sunk into every single pore I have. I don't have large pores so this was absolutely astonishing to me because it's not a problem I have ever had.

Now, after work it is completely gone and patchy from the apples of my cheeks. I have no idea how this worked for other people so well. I would love to have those results and am incredibly disappointed that this in no way works for me.