wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

3.2

I absolutely love this foundation! For about $5, I think it's incredible.
I bought it the day it came to my local Walgreens, and I wore it all through the next day. This foundation claims to have been tested in 7 different light conditions, and I believe it. I applied it with my trusty RealTechniques sponge, and it blended very nicely! One thing I would note is that it does dry down fast, so you may want to work in sections. The coverage is medium-high, but is pretty buildable. After setting my face with some translucent powder, I took to the camera on my phone to see if this was true to its claim, and it was!

The foundation wore pretty nicely throughout the day, and retained the "no-flashback" effect, as I tested it many times. Overall, for the price, this foundation can't be beaten! Wet N' Wild is killing the game right now!

on 2/4/2017 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This foundation is amazing and for the price you can't beat it. This is one of my favorite foundations, it's not heavy on the skin and just looks flawless.

I wanted to love this! Wet n Wild foundations usually work well for me. Was very powdery and cakey. Don't know what else to say about it. I applied with a sponge. Thumbs down! Wish I still had my receipt to return it!

on 2/12/2017 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

After watching a bunch of reviews and demos of this product, I was hesitant to buy it due to its seemingly drying effect on the skin. Of course, I still was sucked into buying it after seeing it on display at the store.

When I first tried it as a foundation, I absolutely hated it. I was not into the paint smell at all. It also WAS very drying on the skin. I have dry patches on my chin, nose, and forehead, so this can really ruin a foundation for me. I tried it multiple times all over my face, but even with a damp beauty sponge, I still wasn't able to achieve the effect I wanted. One day, I tried using it to conceal the skin under my eyes. Most concealers fade and look very dry after a normal day of wear, but this foundation looked AMAZING. It didn't look dry at all under my eyes, and it gave a very natural finish. It completely stayed on all day. It even works well with the beauty blender; it doesn't sheer out too much under my eyes. It gives me as much coverage as I need.

Overall, I hate this as a foundation, but it is amazing as an under eye concealer.

on 2/12/2017 6:18:00 PM

Love this foundation! It has worked amazingly for me. I love the liquidy texture, it feels so lightweight on the skin but still has great coverage. Love to apply it with a damp sponge. Great foundation for 5-6 dollars! I highly recommend!

About me: combo pale skin, some acne spots. I have mixed feelings about this foundation. The first few times I used it, it worked great on me and then after it started to not work well with my skin. The best thing about it for me is that it matches my pale winter skin PERFECTLY! Best match I've ever had (I bought porcelain) I love that it's not pink like most light colored foundations. The first few times I used this it looked great! Covered very nicely and I liked the finish. It didn't look heavy and lasted long. It does smell a bit funky. In later uses it started to pill with my primer and it really showed the dry flakey areas around my acne spots. I also noticed it seemed to be sinking into my pores even though I was using mally's pore filling primer. I think because my skin is not the best ATM it's not working well for me, but I think once it's more balanced this will be a good foundation

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

EDIT 12/6/17: I moved in to a new house with different lighting, and can really see what my foundation looks like. This pools up in to my pores and leaves little dots. I'm no longer using it. Shame cuz it's cheap as hell. Oh well. The Milani Conceal and Perfect foundation has stolen my heart now.

I have tried everything- various prices, formulas, benefits. What irony! My holy grail foundation costs $5.
My skin is fair/light, with very yellow undertones. Combination/dry, and at age 30, beginning to mature. Prone to occasional breakout and verrry sensitive.
This covers my rosacea, hides my wrinkles, and makes me look like an angel when I top it with the Wet n Wild "Reserve Your Cabana" powder. Also, make sure you're using a good moisturizer underneath this. It truly lives up to the claims of looking good in photographs and different light. I will never be without this again! I will need to purchase a few more bottles. Wish this came in a pump jar but I guess the formula is so watery it wouldn't work out.
Love this!!!

on 2/14/2017 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I think I've finally my holy grail foundation. My skin is normal/combo mostly, prone to dry areas on the cheeks and oilier around the sides of the nose and t zone. I have big pores and dark spots/scarring in spots. Nothing severe.
The color match is good, the coverage is good, I've applied with both damp sponge & brush and coverage is good both ways. Its not streaky, cake like and looks surprisingly natural. It doesn't settle into my pores or emphasize them. It doesn't settle into my fine lines either.
It does smell like paint tho. And its very liquidy. I actually like the spatula that comes with it. The finish is matte so if you're dry skinned this might not be for you.

UPDATE 4/17/17
I have to lower my review, unfortunately. It's now starting to look very textured and drying on my face. And i really did want to love this but its not working well for me anymore... So I shall continue my foundation hunt.

on 2/16/2017 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I would say beware of all the glowing reviews and don't expect it to be amazing. It's a medium coverage foundation and I really wouldn't say it's matte. It is slippery feeling due to the silicone and doesn't sink into pores like the Coverall did for me (Coverall has better coverage). It can cling to dry parts of the face and doesn't really dry down completely so it needs a powder to get rid of the tacky feeling. It has that weird greasy look for a while without actually being greasy if that makes sense. This foundation also tends to break down after a few hours and definitely isn't long lasting.

The bottle is lovely but the spatula packaging is horrendous. I have found that foundations tend to oxidize and thicken in packaging that has to be exposed to open air all the time and the spatula is unhygienic and annoying. I've had this foundation for about two weeks and it has already changed color and consistency (orange tinge/darker and thicker).

I was hoping for a good daily foundation and this is just ok. I can make it work but wouldn't buy again. At least I haven't had any significant breakouts yet.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I really wanted to love this. I really and truly did. I absolutely fell in love with wet n wild's coverall foundation, and it became my holy grail foundation. But when I ran out of my 5th or 6th tube, I ran to my local drugstore only to find that coverall was gone and replaced by this. I was disappointed but hopeful and excited to try this since I really loved wet n wild's other foundation. I also thought the glass bottle it was in was super nice, much nicer than coverall. It was also slightly more expensive than coverall (but still affordable) so I thought hey, that must make it better right? I WAS SO WRONG.

It's nothing like coverall. It's super thin and liquidy and has zero coverage. It hides absolutely no blemishes and feels like it sits more on my face then actually feeling natural and apart of my skin. On top of not looking good immediately after putting it on, the foundation breaks up after a few hours of wear and you can start to see redness and patches of foundation. It also smells like paint and it's just awful. Oh, and did I mention that it also made my skin look super oily? I don't have naturally oily skin; my skin does have some oily patches due to having normal/combination skin but this foundation made my skin look like an oil factory. It was terrible.

Overall I'm extremely disappointed. I wanted to fall in love with this product, but it just doesn't do it for me. I'll finish what I have but when I run out, I'm not planning on buying it again. I love wet n wild, but every brand has their hits and misses and this was unfortunately a miss for me.