wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

3.2

on 2/12/2017 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

After watching a bunch of reviews and demos of this product, I was hesitant to buy it due to its seemingly drying effect on the skin. Of course, I still was sucked into buying it after seeing it on display at the store.

When I first tried it as a foundation, I absolutely hated it. I was not into the paint smell at all. It also WAS very drying on the skin. I have dry patches on my chin, nose, and forehead, so this can really ruin a foundation for me. I tried it multiple times all over my face, but even with a damp beauty sponge, I still wasn't able to achieve the effect I wanted. One day, I tried using it to conceal the skin under my eyes. Most concealers fade and look very dry after a normal day of wear, but this foundation looked AMAZING. It didn't look dry at all under my eyes, and it gave a very natural finish. It completely stayed on all day. It even works well with the beauty blender; it doesn't sheer out too much under my eyes. It gives me as much coverage as I need.

Overall, I hate this as a foundation, but it is amazing as an under eye concealer.

I wanted to love this! Wet n Wild foundations usually work well for me. Was very powdery and cakey. Don't know what else to say about it. I applied with a sponge. Thumbs down! Wish I still had my receipt to return it!

on 2/4/2017 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This foundation is amazing and for the price you can't beat it. This is one of my favorite foundations, it's not heavy on the skin and just looks flawless.

I absolutely love this foundation! For about $5, I think it's incredible.
I bought it the day it came to my local Walgreens, and I wore it all through the next day. This foundation claims to have been tested in 7 different light conditions, and I believe it. I applied it with my trusty RealTechniques sponge, and it blended very nicely! One thing I would note is that it does dry down fast, so you may want to work in sections. The coverage is medium-high, but is pretty buildable. After setting my face with some translucent powder, I took to the camera on my phone to see if this was true to its claim, and it was!

The foundation wore pretty nicely throughout the day, and retained the "no-flashback" effect, as I tested it many times. Overall, for the price, this foundation can't be beaten! Wet N' Wild is killing the game right now!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

PROS

- long wearing
- matte
- affordable
- blurs out pores

CONS

- cannot find my shade
- settles into fine lines
- can look a bit aging
- looks heavy

COMMENTS: This is a matte, full coverage foundation. It wears well, but it doesn't control my oil any better than my other foundations. It does set a little quickly, but nothing I can't work with. Pores disappeared and it didn't emphasize any dryness. It did however, settle into fine lines and aged me a bit. It doesn't look as natural as claimed at all. It definitely looks like makeup. I never got around to using my finishing spray to help with these issues, though due to the shade choices. Desert Beige was too dark and Bronze Beige was too light. Anything in between had the wrong undertone.

Will not repurchase.

I liked this, but if I lost it I wouldn't buy again. I was pleasantly suprised though...and it does smell like paint!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I had high hopes for this foundation since Wet n Wild puts out some outstanding products at an affordable price point.

This foundation offers very light coverage. I would say give it a go if you don't have anything major to cover. I have some rosacea redness and I had to use a lot of this foundation and a lot of concealer to get any coverage. This stuff also looked cakey on me. This is also a no-go if you are oily. I looked greasy and patchy within a couple of. I'm not sure about the photo friendliness since I didn't take any photo's with it.

The packaging sux with the weird spatula. Wet n Wild probably could have put a pump here for the same cost as this dumb spatula.

If you are oily and need to cover redness I highly recommend ELF acne foundation. I have to order it online since I have never seen it in a store. It offers excellent coverage, long wear, no mask like appearance and it's six bucks!

on 1/30/2017 11:48:00 AM

not crazy about the spatula packaging and the smell. The packaging is very good considering that its about $6 and good quality. the smell however, I heard that it smelled like paint but I thought maybe its just similar...no just like kids paint. The smell does not last, after finishing my makeup I forgot about the sent. It had a matte finish and seems to stay matte for a while. Not good for dryer skin

on 1/24/2017 6:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

The color match was perfect and the price is very reasonable, so that was good. Unfortunately, the ended up being a chalky dried out mess on me. I have extremely oily skin too, so I'm amazed that something could make me look dry, but it did. I love the pressed powder in this line, but this foundation wasn't good for me at all.

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

It's Just Wow.. this is soooo nice and wonderful foundation!!!!! Price is good and working very well.
My skin so smooth and flawless and matte all day.
I will definitely buy again :)