wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

3.3

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

The best for oily skin!

on 6/12/2017 2:16:00 AM

Will finish the bottle but will not purchase again. cons: it's CAKEY when you build it up, it's thick, feels like a thick mask on my face, smells like paint but it's not as bad as the revlon colorstay, it broke up around my nose. Pros: the price is good and the packaging is good quality. I don't recommend

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Purchased as I was looking for a cruelty free, well priced foundation. Purchased on line. Had concern that the porcelain color would be too yellow from the photo on line but was perfect to use for cool toned very fair skin. Was very surprised how well the color matched. Much better than many high end foundations.

Formula is thick and I have very dry skin. I used a primer over moisturizer. Applied with fingers to control amount of foundation. Buffed with a blender sponge by Tarte. Looked amazing. What truly surprised me is that it lasted all day. Most foundations I've used disappear into my skin before my day is over.

Highly recommend

on 6/9/2017 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was able to find a decent match in Golden Beige, and don't mind the spatula applicator. At best, I was able to build this up to medium coverage. It does have a very strong paint smell. I definitely needed a primer with this because without primer, this sank into my pores and every fine line, however with a good primer it wore much smoother. The finish was dewy, and I would have to put on a lot more powder than I normally do just to get it to not be so tacky feeling, and so that I would be able to apply my blush and bronzer over it without going on patchy. I had a lot of shine breakthrough, but even with extra blotting and powdering throughout the day the foundation started to break down and I had bare patches, it started to look caky, and I could definitely feel it sitting heavily on my face. It would rub off where my sunglasses sat on the bridge of my nose. I tried to make this work, but after a week, just decided it was too much work and not giving me the results I hoped, I just could'nt wait to get home at the end of the day to wash it off.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

this is slowly becoming my HG foundation! It's just so pretty and holds up in southern heat (unlike most foundations), and with the price tag! My lord, I love it.

I really like this foundation! Close to an HG drugstore foundation in my opinion. I'm a BB cream woman on a daily basis because any foundation that has oil, oxidizes and turns orange or darker on me. But when photos need to be taken, I tend to op for foundations to avoid camera flashbacks. This foundation gives medium to full semi matte finish depending on how much you apply. I wear this foundation with a primer and a setting spray and it makes skin looks flawless on camera. This foundation do however oxides a little but does not turn orange. I wear shade Soft Beige which is a light warm shade(yellow undertone). I will say this, the only con about this foundation is that it does not last all day. It starts to wear off and makes my skin somewhat oily and only lasts 4hrs at the most for me even with setting spray. So I'm not quite sure if this would work with oily skin. And with regards to the smell, it smells like any other drugstore foundation but it does not linger. So if you're looking for something drugstore, inexpensive, looks good on photos and don't care so much about lasting power, give this foundation a try!

More about my Skin Type and Other Concerns: Light-Medium, Neutral-Warm (yellow) undertone, tans easily (hardly burns), easily irritated, clear/no breakouts(only during menstrual cycle), dry-combination and very little to no wrinkles.

Other foundations tried or did not like either because it oxidized(orange), made my skin oily, or has a pink undertone regardless of how warm and yellow it claims to be: Urban Decay(worst highend), Nars Sheer Matte, Kat Von D Lock It, Cover Girl, Revlon, Almay, Laura Mercier, L'Oreal, Prescriptives, Bourjois, Maybelline(Worst drugstore found), MAC, Chanel, Christian Dior, Cargo, Shiseido, IMAN, Make Up For Ever

MY Shades in other foundations:
Estee Lauder: Double Wear Rattan 2W2
Kat Von D: Medium 52
MAC: NC-30/35
Christian Dior: Linen 021
Urban Decay: 2
Laura Mercier: 3(Powder Foundation), Sunny Beige(Liquid), Ochre Tinted Moisturizer
Nars: Ceylan
Chanel: 40 or 50
Shiseido: O20 or O40 (Ochre)
L'Oreal: Nude Beige
Bourjois: 52 Vanille
Revlon: Buff Beige
IMAN: Sand 3
Covergirl: Nude Beige 832
Cargo: F-50 (tanned summer shade)
Make Up For Ever: HD Invisible (120), Mat Velvet (No.40), Face&Body (Alabaster Beige 32)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Before I self tanned the lightest shade was way too light and pink toned for me, the very next shade was way too dark and orange. There was no in between despite having 20 different shade options. Once I self tanned I had this beautiful medium tan that fit the Golden Beige shade perfectly.
Now the coverage of this is completely full and masks all of my large pores, discoloration and acne bumps. It dries to a natural semi-matte finish but concealer doesn't glide over this without a little tug so I usually avoid putting any of the foundation near my eyes. It also lasts really well when my sweat starts to break through as I wore this while cleaning my house with zero touch ups and only looked slightly shiny if at all. The formula of this is actually very smooth and doesn't look cakey especially on my upper lip which can be very dry.
The packaging absolutely sucks. I would have preferred a pump, pour out bottle, tube, or doe foot applicator. Anything but this super flat spatula that is really hard to distribute any product to the face. You would think taking product directly from the bottle itself would be easier but then where would you put the spatula without getting all surfaces dirty with foundation? Yes you just need a paper towel of some sort but if people are already doing that then they just need to ditch the spatula all together.
For $5.99 though I can get over the hang ups to appreciate it's smooth formula.

On a budget, this is a decent foundation. The packaging with the spatula is fantastic! It does smell strongly of paint, but not enough to bother me. I do like the feel of the dry down of the foundation. Not dewy, but a dry touch. It has medium coverage. Doesn't have super long staying power though. Maybe nice for quick makeup days where you don't need makeup to last all day. It is a maybe repurchase for me.

on 5/8/2017 3:28:00 PM

Man, this broke me out like crazy. Ive only heard wonderful things about this foundation, tried it, loved it. But it made my skin break TF OUT. My skin never breaks out, like, ever. Otherwise this was actually a great foundation.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I'm currently loving this foundation for my eyeryday use! It's inexpensive and I don't feel guilty using it for work everyday. It has a nice thin liquid texture, looks really natural on the skin, and very build-able. It lasts well throughout the work day on me without breaking up, and when I use a setting powder it looks just as fresh as in the morning. I have normal to dry skin and this doesn't look cakey on me. For reference I'm about a nc35 in mac and I use the shade golden beige. It's perfect!