wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

3.3

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I’ve now been using my beloved Dior Forever for a few years and had no intention of straying. I assumed the hype over this foundation would die down as time went on but after continuing to see raves I decided to give it a shot. Mainly out of curiosity.
I really love this stuff. I wear shade 23 in the Dior and purchased this in buff bisque.
I often mix my foundation with a moisturizer or silicone-based serum - the latter works beautifully with this (haven’t tried regular moisturizer with it yet), provides decent coverage and an incredibly smooth finish that lasts all day.
I’ve actually been reaching for it exclusively since I purchased, and my Foreverskin has taken a backseat. Never thought I’d see the day I’d be wearing a Wet n’ Wild foundation, due to past experiences with them, but this one is a true winner!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I wanted to like this foundation so much. YouTube made it seem amazing. It doesn't work for me at all. I could look past the smell if it looked good. I have acne prone combination skin. This was so streaky and kept smudging and moving. Nothing has worked to make it not look like a pasty, cakey mess. Primer, moisturizer, setting powder, setting spray, tried with and without. It made my pores look huge and I don't usually have that problem, and made any blemish look even more visible.

I‘m around an NC20, maybe a tad bit lighter and in the departement store „Soft Beige“ looked like a perfect match. However, it‘s way too dark..or maybe not even dark, but just very orange?! I‘m not sure, but the tone and undertone looked very off :/
The foundation itself is medium coverage I‘d say. It blends fairly well and the bottle is nice and hefty as well, which imo is always a plus.
But that‘s really all good I can say about this foundation, as it looked quite cakey and did not hold up well on my oily skin. Who thought it would be a good idea to draw a comparison between this foundation and ELDW?! They‘re not comparable - like at all. This one doesn‘t last any longer than your typical drugstore foundation, isn‘t exceptionally smudge or budge proof and doesn’t give you high coverage for that matter.

- oxidizes
- looks cakey
- the smell is terrible
- starts breaking up after ~4-5hrs
- transfers quite easily (and leaves you looking patchy)

Yeah, I wasn‘t a fan. I gave it to my sister who has more normal/combo skin, she doesn‘t like it that much either but it worked better for her than it was working for me.

on 3/30/2018 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This is one of my favourite drugstore foundation (I also love the Milani Conceal & Perfect 2-1; Covergirl Ready Set Gorgeous; l’Oréal Infaillible Pro-Matte; L’Oréal Infaillible Pro-Glow) and in my experience with the foundation, the pros outweigh the cons.

For reference: I’m a NC 42 (MAC), I have combo-oily skin with medium size pores and redness accross my cheeks and nose. I used the color Desert Beige in the Photo Focus Foundation but it’s a tad too dark during winter time so I have to mix in the color Classic Beige.

Pros: medium buildable to full coverage, matte but not flat finish, lasts all day long, doesn’t break up during the day, a little goes a long way, oil-controling very cheap price point (7$cad/5$usd)

Cons: doesn’t have a pump, packaging with a spatula which I find very messy, may not be suitable for dry skin as it was mattifying on my combo-oily skin and controlled my oil throughout the day, can look heavy if applied too much, nasty plastic-y smell

on 3/30/2018 6:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

For reference, I am a MAC NC30 (medium with warm undertones). I have this in the shade "Golden Beige."

This foundation has received very good reviews on Youtube; however, my experience with this foundation was not that great. While it has a great finish and medium coverage that's buildable to full, I found that there are two major issues with this foundation: lasting power and oxidation.

The foundation does not seem to last very long on the skin. It seemed to start fading after the 4 hour mark. In addition, it has the tendency to crease, esp. around the mouth and under-eye area. It also gets cakier throughout the day as the skin dries out.

The biggest deal breaker with this foundation is the oxidation. It seems to start oxidizing orange on my skin almost immediately after application and gets worse throughout the day. I looked on the reviews on the WnW website for this foundation and this seems to be a pretty common issue.

Hard pass on this foundation. I would not recommend this to a friend nor will I be repurchasing. Instead, opt to get their cushion foundation, which is absolutely fantastic!

on 3/23/2018 4:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I prefer a natural finish but bought this for days I need higher coverage. I dislike this foundation and here is why:
-Horrible smell that is difficult to ignore
- Very drying and can look cakey on the face, do not recommend this for people with dry skin
- Feels heavy on the skin after application
- Matte finish on me

Pros: price is great, it does cover redness on the skin, and looks pretty good in photographs (not as good in real life)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Alright so I'm a teen who wears makeup everyday to go to school and this what I can say so far about this foundation. A little goes a long way. And it has super good coverage, covers all my acne scars and it stays on all day. Also a really good colour match for my brown complexion. I really liked the spatula thing too, it was cool and I'm starting to think I like it better than the pump. Anyways, the downside? This foundation is so mattifying, your skin looks dry so make sure to moisturize a lot. And why doesn't it come out of my foundation brush? I thought there was something wrong with it so I tossed it and bought a new one but it was still stained from this foundation????????? Idk but for the price and quantity I would buy again

on 2/24/2018 3:19:00 PM

Its good for everyday use but it’s not full coverage and it get a little bit crease so surly needs some fix powder

on 2/15/2018 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I've been using this foundation for about a month now. Overall I can say I like it, the coverage and the way it sets on my skin is good, it leaves a matte effect that I like but I know that if I was someoke with dry sky I would probably not like it that much. I only use it on work days and it stays on pretty well at least for the first 4 hours, as any other foundation I've used it starts to "melt" on and around my nose, but if I use a powder it stays longer.

It has not broke me out and that is very rare for a foundation, even high end foundations sometimes break me out. Fenty will still remain as my favorite but I call this one the "work foundation" and I'm pretty sure I'll keep repurchasing.

For finding your shade, I recommend that you go on their website and use their compareable tool, they list many other foundations and shades, then when you have 2 possible shades, go to the store and compare them. They have an undertone system too like neutral, cool etc so also be aware of your undertone.

on 2/12/2018 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is an ok foundation for the price but I found it pretty drying so this might not be for us dry skin folks. I actually like the stick to apply it and the price of course. It applies nicely with a beauty blender but I could probably only use this in the summer when my skin is not as dry.