wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

3.3

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Looked good for a hour then my skin got very oily. Broke me out.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

If you have sensitive or acne-prone skin I wouldn't recommend this at all. I have acne scarring and it takes a few layers to have full coverage. It's easy for this foundation to look cakey. I had high hopes for this foundation, but it broke me out BAD. I'm upset because I've worked hard and stuck to a regimen to make my skin clear again. Unfortunately, this foundation ruined that. I blame myself because this was so cheap to buy ($5). I should've known better.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Not bad for the price. I love wetnwild products and I'm a loyal customer. I like the coverage and finish of this foundation. It looks great for a few hours then it starts settling into fine lines and my face starts to look oily. I'm going to try Primers and setting sprays to see if there's a difference.

2/24/19 Update: Fabulous foundation! No settling into my laugh lines and looks flawless and beautiful! Must use a good primer, setting powder and setting spray. It's amazing! Thanks wetnwild!

on 4/2/2017 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love the packaging of this foundation.
The actual product not so much. Its not a terrible foundation but its not that good.
It does have a really good coverage,I would say full,but it looks cakey specially if youre wearing primer under it.
It never really sets no matter how much powder I use,it feels sticky,and makes me oily
I could see this working on dry or normal skin maybe,I wouldnt recommend it for oily skin

on 3/24/2017 5:13:00 PM

This foundation worked better for me than my MUFE HD foundation. I use a mattifying primer underneath and apply it with a beauty blender. Then I apply concealer, set that with a finishing powder then I finish it all off with MAC mineralize to get a flawless result. I do notice that I get a little oily as the day progresses but that usually happens to me with all foundations. It has a spatula applicator that I'm not a fan of but the worst part is the smell. It reeks of paint. Overall, the quality of the product itself is worth the small cons.

on 3/24/2017 2:19:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Just got this at CVS where they seemed to have over 10 shades in stock. I got soft beige, which is a perfect match to my skin, at first. One point off because it takes a while to dry down, and it darkened as it did. So maybe get one shade lighter than you need?
Lovely medium finish, similar to my favorite Colorstay, only with more sheen. A great deal for the price and I love the bottle and applicator.

ETA: it doesn't play nicely with all concealers. Make sure to apply concealer first, or strange things may happen to the texture.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

The good-
Love the bottle.
Looks very nice on the skin and skin-like when applied correctly.
Applies really nice with fingers and beauty blender type sponges.
So many shades to choose from!
However, most are just on the website as most stores do not carry all of the shades.
I ended up with classic beige and surprisingly it was not too bad. (at first, I clearly need a lighter shade)
It blended in really well on my face,
I do need a slightly lighter shade but can get away with this. That is until it starts to oxidize.
The foundation wears okay on my oily skin without looking too bad which was surprising (besides oxidizing way too dark), about 2-3 hours before I need to blot. 4-5 hours it starts to break down just slightly. 6 hours it can start to slip around and I must touch up with powder. 7-8+ and it is done.
The bad-
Looks terrible when applied with a brush and had I not watched MANY youtube videos beforehand I would have thought this was a terrible foundation.
Definitely, stick to the beauty blender type of sponge or your fingers. I liked my fingers for a lighter coverage that was more natural and the sponge for heavier coverage.
The matching photo focus powder (which I really like) did not go well with this foundation as I found it made it look too heavy and cakey but both are great on their own.
It does oxidize darker and started to look a little too tannish orange. Wore well on my oily skin but not as great as a long lasting foundation.

I might try this again in a lighter shade but for now, I think I will keep looking as I prefer a long wear foundation that can last a work day, stand up to my oily skin, and not melt at the first sign of hot weather.

on 3/19/2017 5:23:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Love it! (The smell of ๐Ÿ  paint is real... But disappeared) It's light weight and pigmented, covers beautifully with a sponge or my fingers. Less is more and I always shade mix and it's cheap enough to buy a few and be happy ๐Ÿ˜ƒ and I really love it!

on 3/18/2017 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Skin Type: This is the foundation for combo/oily skin! If you have dry skin and dry patches, be sure to put a hydrating primer before application.
Coverage: Medium. I don't recommend layering this foundation. it would look cakey.
Finish: satin-matte. It also blurs my pores.
Fragrance: it smells like paint but doesn't linger.
Staying Power: 8-10 hrs. For my oily skin, I need to blot after 6 hrs, but the foundation stays on pretty well. It doesn't become blotchy. Still beautiful.

This foundation is a little tricky to use. I don't why that it accentuates my dry patches whenever i use my Laura Mercier setting powder. It works well with some primers but not for all. I haven't found a perfect foundation routine to use it. If i know which primer and powder work for it, i would update.
Overall, this is a decent foundation. I like the finish and staying power for my oily skin.

I give this foundation 3 lippies. At first it gave a beautiful finish. Semi Dewy. As other reviewers stated it did have a smell of paint. I legit felt like I was at Sherwin Williams. Where this foundation failed for me is that one it oxidized at least three shades darker then what I am and it did not provide as much coverage as I had hoped for. I know a lot of reviewers said this felt like cake face. When first applied it does not look caked but as the day goes on it definitely settles in lines and creases. Ill leave this foundation for the preschooler's who want to dabble in make up. As for me I heard good things about this foundation otherwise I would have never considered putting a wet n wild foundation on my face. I will stick to my holy grail double wear. Worth trying at the price point but do not expect amazing results. You get what you pay for. For reference I am a NW22 in Mac Studio Fix and a 2C1 Fresco in double wear and I purchased the color 03 Buff Bisque and it was a good match at first not after it oxidized.