wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

3.4

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I had trouble finding a foundation; I either found something too dark or for whatever reason, it just didn't work for me.

But I think I finally found the right foundation, although I was a bit skeptical of it at first due to the price. I have this in the shade "Soft Ivory" (light-warm undertone) and I love it so much. So I'll just break down the pros and cons of it.

The only issues with it are that it smells a little bit like paint (but it goes away after you blend it, although the smell doesn't bother me personally), and it can emphasize skin texture a little bit.

However, the things I like about this foundation are that it has never oxidized on me, it blends out perfectly (I use a sponge to apply it), it's under 10 dollars, I like the formula, I love the coverage, and I have to admit the spatula applicator has grown on me.
I also like the fact that this has 20 shades ranging from Porcelain to Mahogany along with specific undertones for each shade. I have yet to test it out with flash photography, though.

All in all, I love this foundation and I plan on getting it again when I run out of this. <3

on 6/19/2017 3:33:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This foundation has a great color range, especially for such an affordable brand. I love the little applicator wand and the simple glass packaging. The shades also come with undertone descriptions on the bottle, which is handy and makes choosing your shade a lot easier.

Performance-wise, it works really well for me. It does sink into my pores and accentuate them, so I have to make sure to use a pore filling primer on certain areas before application. It's definitely not a natural foundation, it is obvious I am wearing foundation when I apply this. That being said, it looks beautiful after proper prep and it provides a really nice medium/full, buildable coverage. It wears well for several hours (as long as I set it). The longest I've worn it is maybe 5 hours in very warm weather and it held up really well, even in my T zone. I am very acne prone and I don't feel that this foundation breaks me out, which is a HUGE bonus.

However it smells horrible, like literal paint. I mean, I'm sure the majority of foundations smell this way before added scents and masking agents. But actually smelling it as I apply it to my face gives me anxiety by confronting me with the reality of how horrible for your skin foundation actually is. Due to this, I never reach for it anymore. It's not always the case that more affordable foundations have worse ingredients, but when it comes to this foundation, I do think that my skin has been sensitive to it. I have experienced a bit of stinging after application, but it could've been something else as I only experienced this once or twice. But all of these factors combined just kind of make me reluctant to retry it past the initial tests.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This foundations has an array of problems, which makes me pretty sad because it's one of my best matches.

- Smells AWFUL. I felt like I was putting paint all over my face. The smell took forever to go away too.
- After only a few hours of wear, without anything like sweating, it was breaking up on my face and there were spots where you can tell it was just gone.
- Felt tacky all day like it never dried but at the same time dried me out like crazy. It also sits on top of the skin, never really blending in.
- Emphasized the texture of my face as well as dry patches even after moisturizing and exfoiliating. I have pretty small pores but this foundation wanted to make it noticeable.
- BROKE ME OUT SO BAD!!! I don't have sensitive skin and I've never been prone to acne, but only after one use of this product, I had at least 5 pimples the next day.

On top of all of this, I like the packaging minus the paddle inside the bottle. It just adds an extra step and I'd rather not use the paddle straight on my face for risk of bacteria transfer/cleanliness. A pump would have been better for this product.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Great coverage for my skin, but the lasting power is not there. I get a few hours at the most. A good thing is that it doesn't break me out, it's super cheap, and it doesn't oxidize on my skin. I prefer to use my fingers and apply to my cheeks where I have redness. Not bad but there are definitely better options. However if you have oily skin, this will not feel cakey.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is a very surprisingly impressive foundation. I say that not because it is $5.99; I have used and loved Rimmel's Lasting Finish foundation for years and it's in the same price range as this, so I knew that there was a fair chance it would be a winner. I say that because I was not thrilled with WnW's Coverall cream foundation and had my concerns that this would follow in that tradition.

This foundation is easy to apply, a very liquidy consistency that dries down somewhat quickly to a natural (not dewy, not matte) finish. I used a Beauty Blender because, well, nobody wants foundation all over their hands if they can avoid it, and I'm not a huge fan of foundation brushes.

It sheers out to anywhere between a light to medium coverage depending on how much you apply. I prefer a full coverage foundation, but for an everyday look I am fine with medium. I applied a layer to my face and upper neck and then a second coat to areas I felt needed extra coverage. It is layerable to an extent, but don't expect full coverage from this one.

With a primer and being set with powder, this doesn't emphasize pores or settle in fine lines, and wears exceptionally well. It has a light feeling on the skin. I have noted a slight paint-like odor to it, but this literally disappears immediately as it is being applied. Really, really not a big deal.

Even disregarding the reasonable price tag, this is a great medium coverage, perfect for daytime foundation that looks and feels natural on the skin. There are several shades available in store (I'm in Soft Beige), but many more online. The glass tube is a step up from WnW, and the spatula applicator does help in getting the product out. Yes, a pump would be ideal but I'm fine with it as-is. I would highly recommend.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I didn't care for this but I really wanted to like it and Wet n Wild has been coming out with amazing products lately...so I had an open mind. The first strike was the lighter colors, even the lightest was too dark and yellow for me. They were advertising a huge shade range so that as well as stores not carrying all the colors was disappointing. The bottle and spatula are fine, no issue with that. The smell is very chemical/paint like which would be easier to overlook if I liked the foundation. The coverage was heavyish...powdery and settled into lines which I don't have many of so yeah...not good. I have very well behaved skin that is combo...very very slightly dry in some areas and very very slightly oily in others. This is kind of why I hate most full coverage foundation, generally it makes you look worse, older and trying too hard because of heaviness and bringing out fine lines and being grotesque and mask like...that was exactly what this did unfortunately. Almost every YouTube review I've seen of this was the same, even if they liked the foundation after a little while of wear it looked really cakey settled into fine lines. Lots of Wet and Wild products perform like a million bucks, but for me that this was definitely not one of them. If you're looking for a full coverage Foundation that doesn't give a grotesque whatever happened to Baby Jane like mask effect... I recommend Kat Von D Lock-It, and it has better shade range especially for pale people.