wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

3.3

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I recently went on vacation and got tan so I needed a quick and cheap foundation from the drugstore to match. I was really surprised with this one! The formula is really thin so it feels weightless on the face. I actually like the applicator as I find it gives the perfect amount of product. The consistency actually reminds me of the bare minerals liquid foundation but not as "oily." It can cake up around the nose for me. WnW foundations always looks best set with a powder. I haven't tried the powder from the same line but any old one will do (I use Milani multitask). I did notice this foundation does NOT look good with a setting spray. I think the spray alters the texture and moves/removes product and just doesn't look good. Texture wise, my skin is doing well at the moment so this foundation isn't a problem but I can imagine issues arising if you're dealing with problematic skin. Longevity is roughly 6 hours for my normal skin - it doesn't look as good at the end of a regular work day. Also, this is a foundation you need to spend time blending out. I used to have problems with the L'Oréal True Match being patchy and too liquidy to blend out and this borderlines that issue but I use the Real Techniques Expert face brush and have had no problems so far. I don't recommend a beauty blender (will absorb product), a dirty brush (will cause streaks), flat top brush (too thin of a foundation for that), and I'm kind of afraid to use a buffing brush because it might emphasize texture. Overall satisfied with the performance, color match (no oxidizing), and price I paid for.

I'm pleasantly surprised with this foundation. Very little goes a long way. Easily full coverage. I prefer application with a damp sponge. It sets fairly fast so trying to blend it after just removes it. I haven't needed a powder since I like the natural satin finish. I have pretty balanced skin and I haven't had an issue with break down or excessive oil. It's usually on sale so I would say it's worth a try for the cheap price. The liquid texture reminds me of the loreal magic nude foundation that I loved but with more pigment. If it's too much coverage mix it with a moisturizer.

on 2/23/2017 8:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this in the shade Golden Beige from my local Target and have tested it out a few times. Overall, the foundation is decent, especially for the price. It has medium coverage, and while it is buildable to full, it starts to look cakey if you layer too much. The finish isn't overly matte or dewey, but oily skin may need to set with powder. I haven't taken any flash photos while wearing this so can't comment on the claims of no flashback or white cast. The glass packaging is very elegant, but some people may have hygiene concerns about the plastic paddle-like applicator (personally I don't see it any differently than using my Shape Tape, but that's just my opinion). My only complaint is that the foundation oxidized on my skin about an hour after application. I may purchase it in a lighter shade and save this one for summer wear.

Pros:
budget friendly
nice glass packaging
medium coverage
impressive shade range (20 on WnW website)

Cons:
paddle applicator may be unhygienic
oxidizes
can look cakey if layered
oily skin will need to powder

on 2/20/2017 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I bought this foundation before looking at any reviews. I instantly fell in love. I see many reviewers saying how they hate the spatula. I actually love it. It makes it so much easier to control how much product I am getting out at one time. Also, I find this to be more medium coverage than light with one application. It builds up really well and covers all my imperfections. It also wears well throughout the day with no oxidation on me. I will see how it holds up in the warmer weather, but for now no issues with it wearing off, even without a primer. In terms of application, I have had no issues at all. I use a foundation brush from E.L.F and the foundation applies seamlessly. In terms of color match, the Soft Beige, which states on the bottle is light-medium-warm, is perfect for my neutral-warm complexion. It definitely has a yellow undertone, but that works very well for me. Overall, this is a definite keeper!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Color is great, doesn't oxidize on me. Breaks up after a few hours and it's hard to build coverage. Bad formula good colors and Idea

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I really wanted to love this. I really and truly did. I absolutely fell in love with wet n wild's coverall foundation, and it became my holy grail foundation. But when I ran out of my 5th or 6th tube, I ran to my local drugstore only to find that coverall was gone and replaced by this. I was disappointed but hopeful and excited to try this since I really loved wet n wild's other foundation. I also thought the glass bottle it was in was super nice, much nicer than coverall. It was also slightly more expensive than coverall (but still affordable) so I thought hey, that must make it better right? I WAS SO WRONG.

It's nothing like coverall. It's super thin and liquidy and has zero coverage. It hides absolutely no blemishes and feels like it sits more on my face then actually feeling natural and apart of my skin. On top of not looking good immediately after putting it on, the foundation breaks up after a few hours of wear and you can start to see redness and patches of foundation. It also smells like paint and it's just awful. Oh, and did I mention that it also made my skin look super oily? I don't have naturally oily skin; my skin does have some oily patches due to having normal/combination skin but this foundation made my skin look like an oil factory. It was terrible.

Overall I'm extremely disappointed. I wanted to fall in love with this product, but it just doesn't do it for me. I'll finish what I have but when I run out, I'm not planning on buying it again. I love wet n wild, but every brand has their hits and misses and this was unfortunately a miss for me.

on 2/12/2017 6:18:00 PM

Love this foundation! It has worked amazingly for me. I love the liquidy texture, it feels so lightweight on the skin but still has great coverage. Love to apply it with a damp sponge. Great foundation for 5-6 dollars! I highly recommend!

on 2/12/2017 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

After watching a bunch of reviews and demos of this product, I was hesitant to buy it due to its seemingly drying effect on the skin. Of course, I still was sucked into buying it after seeing it on display at the store.

When I first tried it as a foundation, I absolutely hated it. I was not into the paint smell at all. It also WAS very drying on the skin. I have dry patches on my chin, nose, and forehead, so this can really ruin a foundation for me. I tried it multiple times all over my face, but even with a damp beauty sponge, I still wasn't able to achieve the effect I wanted. One day, I tried using it to conceal the skin under my eyes. Most concealers fade and look very dry after a normal day of wear, but this foundation looked AMAZING. It didn't look dry at all under my eyes, and it gave a very natural finish. It completely stayed on all day. It even works well with the beauty blender; it doesn't sheer out too much under my eyes. It gives me as much coverage as I need.

Overall, I hate this as a foundation, but it is amazing as an under eye concealer.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

PROS

- long wearing
- matte
- affordable
- blurs out pores

CONS

- cannot find my shade
- settles into fine lines
- can look a bit aging
- looks heavy

COMMENTS: This is a matte, full coverage foundation. It wears well, but it doesn't control my oil any better than my other foundations. It does set a little quickly, but nothing I can't work with. Pores disappeared and it didn't emphasize any dryness. It did however, settle into fine lines and aged me a bit. It doesn't look as natural as claimed at all. It definitely looks like makeup. I never got around to using my finishing spray to help with these issues, though due to the shade choices. Desert Beige was too dark and Bronze Beige was too light. Anything in between had the wrong undertone.

Will not repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I had high hopes for this foundation since Wet n Wild puts out some outstanding products at an affordable price point.

This foundation offers very light coverage. I would say give it a go if you don't have anything major to cover. I have some rosacea redness and I had to use a lot of this foundation and a lot of concealer to get any coverage. This stuff also looked cakey on me. This is also a no-go if you are oily. I looked greasy and patchy within a couple of. I'm not sure about the photo friendliness since I didn't take any photo's with it.

The packaging sux with the weird spatula. Wet n Wild probably could have put a pump here for the same cost as this dumb spatula.

If you are oily and need to cover redness I highly recommend ELF acne foundation. I have to order it online since I have never seen it in a store. It offers excellent coverage, long wear, no mask like appearance and it's six bucks!