wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

3.3

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

After knowing how my face reacts to their crappy foundation i stupidly tried this product.....it looked like a mask the whole evening, if i touched my face a smear was left behind. The next day (today) part of my face beside my nose is swollen it looks grotesque like i have some type of facial edema. Horrible cystic acne brewing the worst i've ever had. If you have any cystic acne probs steer clear of this horseshit. Plus when I first opened it the neck of the bottle was broken, if i had liked it I wouldve had to put it in a different container......turns out the trash container worked best.

on 5/31/2017 6:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Great foundation. I have the shade porcelain which is supposed to be "warm toned", however its actually neutral toned, so not too pink and not too yellow. Its like a cruelty free version of the Maybelline matte and poreless in their porcelain shade with a stronger paint like smell, which does disappear fast.

It is very mattifying although it does cling to my dry patches on which is my already oily skin. Can sometimes appear patchy upon application which is why I find it best to mix this with other foundations which have some hyaluronic acid to moisturise it a little bit.

I really do like this foundation and would definitely repurchase it over and over again. It does not oxidise and does overall look really good, lasting 3-4 hours on my oily skin which is pretty normal for me. It is best for oily skin, however mix a little moisturiser or a little bit of dewier foundation with it so it does not cling to dry patches.

I usually do not like glass bottles, but I am kind of digging the spatula, getting product out is actually pretty easy :)

on 5/28/2017 7:16:00 PM

Love the packaging, really wish every other company who don't supply a pump with their foundations would use a spatula! This applies really well but makes pores stand out a MILE! Looks very cakey and fake after just an hour, such a pity as it looks great after you just apply it. Probably great for younger skin.

I really wanted to like this. Most reviewers loved it.

The packaging is fine IMO. I'm not upset at the use of a spatula inside the lid for application.

I have dehydrated skin. Some days it acts normal, sometimes I'm not doing enough and it acts dry, and some days I can be oily.

On one day this was super cakey and another day I was cakey & oily. Even on good days this didn't look nice. I was always cakey.

I guess if you're oily or combination skinned it'd work for you but I've moved on.

on 5/4/2017 8:50:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I'm a little on the fence with this one. I don't hate it, but don't love it either.

Pros:
-After powder, blush and contour is applied, this gives me the most natural finish of any foundation I've used.
-Holds up as well as my high-end foundations for long days at the office without oxidizing or moving around (with primer and set with powder and setting spray like I do with all my foundation).
-sheer coverage, but buildable without getting cakey.

Cons:
-Shade. This probably wouldn't be an issue for most people since there is such a range of colours, but as always on my vampire face, even the lightest shade is too dark and yellow-toned for me, meaning I'm left to even out the shade with powder or mixing to make it match.
-It's buildable, but if you have problem skin or more extreme redness/discolouration, this isn't going to do anything for you and it's still going to need to be used with a good concealer for small problem areas, whereas with other foundations, I can get away with not using concealer.
-If I don't use a really good primer, this does tend to rub off and separate on my noise quite a lot, but this is the case with a lot of foundations, so it's likely more to do with my weird skin than the product itself. However, there are a handful of products I don't have that problem with, so this could be better in that respect.

I have combo skin and my T-zone somehow manages to get both oily and dry at the same time (how does that even happen), and this does a decent job of not accentuating any weird texture on my face too much, so in that respect, it's better than most foundations I've tried. I do find I need to work with it a bit to get it even, so it's not something that I feel like I can slap on my face before running out the door, but when I can put the time in, it really gives a great natural finish to my skin without looking like I have a ton of product on. It goes on light and doesn't feel heavy and does a decent job at evening out my skin without suffocating it. My skin does have some redness in it in the cheek area, and trying to get it even between the redder areas and regular areas is what takes me the longest. For people with more even complexions, this would probably be less of an issue.

For application, I find it's best to use a beauty blender or other sponge applicator, as the formula is VERY thin and prone to brush stokes when applying with a brush. I also feel like this is a more oily formula, so it's probably best to set this with a powder.

Overall, not a bad foundation for less than $10 and I'll be keeping it in my regular rotation for good skin days. My favourite way to use it has actually been to mix it half and half with my UD All Nighter foundation. That one's a tad on the light side (but the next shade up is too dark when it dries down) and is extremely full coverage, so this helps thin it down a bit, evens out both colours and gives a better overall finish than I get with either of the two products on their own.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I'm currently loving this foundation for my eyeryday use! It's inexpensive and I don't feel guilty using it for work everyday. It has a nice thin liquid texture, looks really natural on the skin, and very build-able. It lasts well throughout the work day on me without breaking up, and when I use a setting powder it looks just as fresh as in the morning. I have normal to dry skin and this doesn't look cakey on me. For reference I'm about a nc35 in mac and I use the shade golden beige. It's perfect!

on 4/27/2017 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Great foundation - made my sensitive skin freak out!

This foundation has a fabulous price point and blends beautifully on the skin. With a setting powder, it stays fresh-looking for the majority of the day. Unfortunately for me and my very sensitive, allergy-prone skin, it was just too harsh. It definitely smells a little chemically, and my cheeks (which have a little eczema) flared up immediately and felt rough in texture after wearing this 1x. I also noticed that I would experience a lot more breakouts and irritation on my skin after wearing.

Overall:
PROS
-blends well on skin
-stays in place, lasts a long time
-amazing price point
-cruelty-free

CONS
-smell
-too harsh for sensitive skin
-broke me out

on 4/25/2017 7:28:00 PM

wonderful foundation for the price!! bought this a few weeks after i bought a super expensive foundation and i was bummed i even wasted my money on the expensive one. makes my skin look flawless and doesn't make me look shiny. Only complaints are the SMELL!! smells like paint!! and it does cling on to my dry patches a bit, but i have yet to find a foundation that doesn't.

on 4/20/2017 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I'll be a broken record i guess because my experience is much like other negative reviewer's. When I first applied this, I loved it. It went on nicely and blended well. After about an hour or so, it starts to look absolutely awful. It oxidizes on me terribly and it starts to break down. All my pores were on display and I looked like I had slept with my makeup on. Not a good look. I will definitely stick with my HE foundations because I just can't find a good DS alternative. This is already in the trash.

on 4/18/2017 5:27:00 PM

I seen many Youtubers and makeup artists rave about it like it was the best thing since sliced bread so I decided to give it a go.
I can't recall the name of the color I had but it was the lightest shade which matched my porcelain pale cool skintone self perfectly.
I am not a fan of it however-mostly because I have dry skin and it feels like there is NO moisture in this foundation. It feels too "dry" going on. I think if you have oily skin you may like this.
Also, its very sheer. its buildable but its not suitable for anyone with even minor skin issues. I usually use BB cream and it was almost same coverage(ps my BB cream was from Korean makeup line which usually has more coverage than American brands)