wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

Filtered by hair type : Straight
wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

3.3

Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium

I was very surprised at how much I liked this foundation, which is now a holy grail for me. First, the price: $4.68 at walmart. Got it in the shade Peach Natural, which I was also skeptical of, but the bottle recommended this color for light-medium, cool toned skin, and it works well. In the winter I mix it with a little bit of rose ivory. My skin is normally NW20-25, leaning a bit more toward NW25.

I have rosacea, so I need coverage, but I really don't like foundation, normally. I would consider this to be a medium coverage, and it feels very light on the skin. Very blendable. I apply with my fingers, using a Qtip to get the product off of the spatula so that I don't contaminate the product. If I could change only one thing, it would be to add a pump. It evens out my skin tone nicely, and lasts about 7-8 hours. It doesn't completely cover my rosacea, but it definitely makes me believe that I can go out in public again! The feel is quite velvety, and I don't find that it settles into lines or wrinkles, but that may have something to do with my makeup routine, since I can see that others have had that issue. I apply a thin layer of moisturizer, followed by Kiss My Face sunscreen, followed by Monistat Chafing Gel as a primer before using the Photofocus.

I have to say that I am really pleased with this--it is the best foundation I've ever tried, and that says a lot for a 59 year old grandmother who has tried everything, high to low end. My skin is combo, for reference. The paint smell is weird, but it dissipates quickly. Sold!

I only publish reviews of products that I truly believe in, and I use most of my reviewed products every day, long term. I am an ordinary woman trying to find what works without breaking the bank!

on 11/22/2017 8:36:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I had to write a review on this because I pulled it out of my drawer and used it today for the first time in weeks. This is a solid product. It makes my skin look beautiful! Lasts all day too! I put this above many of my high-end foundations. I have the color buff-beige and it's a perfect match for my winter complexion. Not a fan of any other wet n wild products, but this one blows me away! I prefer high coverage foundations but they are usually matte, this one is very dewy, really it makes my skin glow. Contouring with the benefit cheek parade palette looks really beautiful on top of this foundation. Packaging is slightly odd but I take no points off for that because of how happy I was every time I looked in the mirror today 😏

on 11/19/2017 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I do have to say I'm so sad this didn't work out on me!! My roommate bought it and said she loved it(although she has beautiful porcelain skin) and I can't pass up a good wet n wild product so I gave it a try. The shade matched up pretty well and covered my imperfections and problem skin well enough for me to be satisfied. I really enjoyed the wear honestly. The smell of this threw me off for sure, very prominent weird smell for a foundation with no spf. This stuff broke my skin out so bad unfortunately so I can't use it again. For someone with healthy balanced skin or a first time foundation for someone just getting into make up, this might be awesome for you though!

on 11/18/2017 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is not for dry skin - I will tell you right off the bat. If you have dry skin, you will need to put on a good moisturizer underneath for it to glide on more easily. The coverage is buildable light-medium and the finish is matte. I dont have to set it with a finishing powder as it is already matte on its own but you could if you want to. It stays on very long and the shade selection is great. Price point is also very low. I would enjoy it more if only it wasnt too cakey on me.

on 11/6/2017 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

For starters, this foundation is much too heavy and textured if applied with your fingers. A very light application with a damp sponge makes a lot of difference. The range of shades is good. First, I bought Porcelain but it was too light for my NC15 skin tone. The Soft ivory was just right and barely oxidizes. The coverage for redness is good but I do not like how the product accents texture. The price of $7.50 is a good buy. I certainly will have no problem using the product up but probably will continue my search for the best foundation for me.

on 10/25/2017 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

First thing first- this foundation is way over-hyped!

I really, REALLY tried to make this foundation work, beacuse the affordable price point & the natural finish..
But— up close it’s a complete disaster!!!!
It literally sit on the skin, doesn’t want to blend & emphasize every single texture i didn’t know I have?! It dry out in seconds, not to mention the offensive smell!!!
I tried every type of application: damp beauty sponge, flat top/ kabuki/ buffing brush/ moisture/ oil/ primers... the end result remains the same:
Cakey looking face!!!
It’s doesn’t play well with concealer/ powders either, not even with his “coworker” the
Photo Focus Powder.
Maybe it was meant to look great on instegram, but I prefer looking good in person.
Hands down, the WORST foundation I’ve tried out of 30+ I own. save your money & move on!

on 9/27/2017 12:33:00 PM

For reference my skin tone is NC30-35 with strong yellow undertone. My skin is combination but very oily on my t-zone. My shade is Golden Beige.

This is a much raved about and hyped up foundation on YouTube and I can definitely see why people (especially oily people) would love it. The line offers great color range and for amazingly affordable price you get a very decent medium (can be built up to high) foundation with zero flashback in photos. The shade a Golden Beige matched me really well so I'm really happy about that - usually foundations look either too orange or pink or ashy on me. It does smell faintly like paint but it dissipates within a few minutes so it never bothers me. Not a big fan of the applicator though - I wish that it came in a pump.

I find that this foundation looks better on me when I apply it with a buffing brush instead of a beauty blender. It dries down semi matte, wears comfortably on the skin and provides decent coverage.

Unfortunate,y I'm only giving 3 stars because it is breaking me out a bit - I have tried it 4-5 times and I don't think I'll use it again until later, and maybe even then I'll space out my usage.

For the price it is a great foundation - if you don't break out from it.

on 9/25/2017 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

i have tried many foundations from high end to very low end and this is the first one that i dont have ANY complaints about.

i wear this foundation in shell ivory and it blends seamlessly. i have never found a foundation shade that matches me so well. i like that i can use a little bit and get a light natural coverage or i can build it up to a more complete coverage. it stays in place all day on my dry/oily skin.

i like the sturdy glass bottle it comes in and i do like the spatula applicator but i feel that is not always the most sanitary way to apply it.

i love that i can pick it up at my local drugstore. i highly recommend trying it out if you're on the fence.

on 9/20/2017 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Update: this is a great foundation for summer humid months. I have oily skin but noticed now trying to use this foundation starting in fall/winter, my skin looks very dry and parched compared to the summer while using this and it was great. So I'll save this for my spring/summer skin, and stick to a more moisturizing satin foundation (Rimmel) during dry cold months.
ALSO ETA - FYI - trying this out again 7.2018 - I find that this starts out great, light and matte, but if you have oily skin and texture (orange peel pores) high silicone foundations do not sit well on my face, as my oils come through. It's not as bad as some others, but I find that a thicker, higher talc foundation helps combat the pores situation, vs. really thin foundations. If I blot every hour to keep my pores from appearing - this looks great on my skin.
--------------------
I deleted my first review of this foundation which was Jan 2017 - when it was brand new. There were only about three shades available to choose from in-store, and the one I picked was ghastly too light and I hated it. It was super dry, emphasized all my dry skin - even though I'm highly combo (so both oily and dry). Now that it's been out for almost a year - I decided to try this foundation again, since I found a shade that is almost identical to my skin tone (Soft Beige). I am mostly looking for a foundation that is light/medium, doesn't feel heavy on the skin. I have tried Revlon Colorstay (too heavy for my needs), Covergirl Outlast (same thing, too heavy), Physicians Formula, Burts Bees BB (too moisturizing), Tarte, Rimmel foundations (good, but still a bit too heavy but would still use over others), and then my HG NYX Total Control (the best foundation for my skin, I've used a full bottle).

I give this four lippies because for the cheap price ($4.98 is what I paid), the amount you get, the solid nice bottle (except wish it had pump) -- it's a really good CHEAP simple/basic foundation. Also, after side to side comparison on my face applied with a buffing brush - this foundation looks identical on my skin as my $13.99 HG NYX Total Control foundation. So identical that I couldn't tell the difference between the two on my face. My NYX shade is "Natural" and is a little more yellow than WnW's "Soft Beige" which pulls yellow but a little more pink (so neutral), but once applied to my face, you can't tell at all. It must just neutralize out. But the finish on my skin is EXACT (with moisturizer). I was blown away. That's a $9 price difference for me-- and WnW is a full ounce, NYX is barely .5 an ounce for $9 more.

If I prep my skin with my daily moisturizer well before I apply this (which I do anyways) it works very well for me with combo skin. I start out dry and turn oily by 4 hours. With moisturizing properly (which takes me seconds) - this stuff can look just a little powdery on my forehead (notorious spot for me) but I spray with a matte setting spray - and after an hour or two it settles into my skin and looks very natural. I highly recommend giving this a try if you've haven't tried it, or are looking for a cheap, basic foundation to cover discoloration/melasma, light scarring - I think it's great. It also is talc free, just like NYX. I think the NYX and this foundation are pretty identical in ingredients, but the NYX is obviously much runnier in consistency but this one blended out easily. I don't wear heavy foundation, and only dot it on a few places on my face and then blend out with a RT buffing brush for light coverage - so if you are looking for that - try this out. I had no issues with oxidization, "Soft Beige" was a perfect match for me with a lighter powder on top to set. I am also very sensitive to smells, but the smell of this didn't bother me since it goes away immediately - and I'm not sensitive to paint/medicinal smells, but fragrance and this isn't heavily fragranced/floral. So the smell for me was not a problem. This also washes off very easily - I wash with a light cleanser but always use a Simple makeup wipe to help remove most of my foundation. This came off easily like NYX.

I'm really glad I decided to give this a try again 9 months later - and if I have any issues, I'll for sure update my review. This $5 foundation is a go-to for me and is replacing my empty HG $14 NYX Total Control.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This works wonderfully and beautifully -if- I moisturize and prime my skin. If I'm in a rush and don't prep my face, it looks terrible; flaky and dry. It dries out so much that it looks like my skin is starting to peel from a sunburn. I do have very dry skin anyway, but I am very shocked at how much this highlights and worsens that. So, the amount of time that I waste trying to make this look good is not worth it for me. I will have to move on to something different. I have a hunch that people with oily skin will like this a lot; but for those with very dry skin, I think you'll want to pass on this one.