wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

Filtered by hair type : Other
wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

3.7

Didn't break me out. Lasted throughout the work day. Def wouldn't sleep in, but that's because I don't sleep in makeup period. It's buildable. I have scars, marks, huge pores, uneven skin tone, pretty much all the ugliness from picking and the sun etc. buuuuut this does a great job of making me look flawless or better... I have noticed rub off but I also don't use primer or get toooo technical running out the house in the morning to make it to work. I slap it on and set with the photoready powder and I'm good to go. Packaging is whatever, honestly I slap it on my hand anyways and use a beauty blender but the last few times just Bc my bb is dirty, I actually used a brush and it also is really nice with that as well.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Cheap foundation isn't my thing. I've always been a true believer in the idea that cheap means bad quality- for certain products. I'm a drug store junkie too, but foundation has always been hard for me to buy at Walgreens or Walmart. This is for a couple reasons: 1) I break out (sometimes even from non-comedogenic products, 2) Olive skin is hard to match in drug store brands (yellow undertones), and 3) I have concerns about the ingredients in cheap products.

Soooo, because I've heard great things about this foundation, I wanted to give it a try. It's supposed to be a dupe for NARS All Day luminous foundation, which is one of my favorites.

Packaging: It's pretty simple, nothing fancy. It comes in a glass bottle with a black cap and has a little spatula applicator. I really don't care for the spatula. I would prefer a pump or a large doe foot applicator brush.

Formula: It seems to be very light and liquidy, definitely not a mouse or a thick creme. It feels a little oily when I applied it to my skin, but seemed to mattify after a couple minutes.

Color: The color was pretty close to what I need as an olive girl. I have light olive skin with yellow undertones and it is SO HARD for me to find a foundation that matches me skin. NARS Punjab has been the only winner up to now.

Coverage; The coverage is light, but buildable. I liked that i could add more if I wanted to and it didn't cake. But, I do have issues in the wear. It doesn't last all day. By the time I got home it was almost all off (8 Hour Day).

Overall, I really like it. The price is great, the look is nice, and it feels light on my skin. I feel like it could definitely be an every day foundation; but, wouldn't be my go to for vacation or special events.

Skin: Very Dry, Deep Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This product is one of the best foundations in the drugstore, and I know the makeup industry well. It takes great photos, possesses high blendability, enhances skin's appearance, and gives healthy but not over the top glow. It is a stunning foundation on and I would/have/do put it head-to-head with Maybelline Fit Me and Revlon Colorstay, fairly beloved drugstore foundations.

I love wnw fdtns as a rule (coverall, ultimate match, tinted moisturizer, THIS.).......it does have an unpleasant odor-aroma of paint with this. But wnw fdtn are good for oily skinned people. The spatula is an interesting addition. For $6 this is pretty good but discovering your shade can be an arcane process .and wnw is cruelty free (which is awesome!!!) I use wnw reserve your cabana powder for glowy skin. ETA: it sure gets broken down fast by oily skin. Very oily beware you will be a greaseball if you don’t carry Blot papers & pressed powder in your bag. I have a Blot in the late afternoon/or early evening. It isn’t as good as cover all was so so SO good. It smells like paint but that dissipates & goes away soon.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

After seeing the YouTube hype on this product was pumped to try it. Wet n' wild has been coming out with some awesome products I love! However, after trying this foundation a good 10 times now in all kinds of ways to try and make it work (with all kinds of primers, applications and setting powders - even their photofocus powder), I've gotta say I don't plan to repurchase. I have super oily skin around my t-zone, acne-prone, but dry skin around my mouth and cheeks, so I get the best of both worlds haha. I got the shade golden beige and loved the great yellow undertone for my olive skin, and applying the foundation was easy. At first the application looks great, not matte or dewy, sort in-between, but it doesn't fully dry down, leaves a kind of tacky feeling on your face and you can't apply too much powder unless you wanna look cakey. In addition, it transfers LIKE CRAZY. If I even slightly touch my face I leave foundation fingerprints all over my papers in class, and I wouldn't dare hug someone or lay down on a pillow with this on. And finally, within an hour I am an oil slick. My face looks insanely greasy, the foundation separates, oxidizes, and worst of all it clings on like crazy to the small amount of dry patches on my face. The other day my roommate unknowingly thought I rubbed something on my face and told me to lick my finger and rub it off, and when I went to go look in the mirror I realized my skin texture looked awful, like I had a ton of orange dry patches the foundation was clinging on. It just doesn't look good after initial application and has also begun breaking me out :( I tried so hard to like it and I do love the price and packaging, but it has too many cons to continue using. I'm gonna stick to my L'Oreal Infallible pro-matte for sure.

on 2/24/2017 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I was excited to try this one out based on other reviews but it did not work for me at all. From first try it was hard to blend and patchy. The foundation stuck to some areas and wouldn't stick to others, my whole forehead looked dry and flakey, and it attached to areas around my nose and chin instantly. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone, I have combination skin and can't imagine it will work for normal, combination, or dry skin types.

on 2/16/2017 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I would say beware of all the glowing reviews and don't expect it to be amazing. It's a medium coverage foundation and I really wouldn't say it's matte. It is slippery feeling due to the silicone and doesn't sink into pores like the Coverall did for me (Coverall has better coverage). It can cling to dry parts of the face and doesn't really dry down completely so it needs a powder to get rid of the tacky feeling. It has that weird greasy look for a while without actually being greasy if that makes sense. This foundation also tends to break down after a few hours and definitely isn't long lasting.

The bottle is lovely but the spatula packaging is horrendous. I have found that foundations tend to oxidize and thicken in packaging that has to be exposed to open air all the time and the spatula is unhygienic and annoying. I've had this foundation for about two weeks and it has already changed color and consistency (orange tinge/darker and thicker).

I was hoping for a good daily foundation and this is just ok. I can make it work but wouldn't buy again. At least I haven't had any significant breakouts yet.

I absolutely love this foundation! For about $5, I think it's incredible.
I bought it the day it came to my local Walgreens, and I wore it all through the next day. This foundation claims to have been tested in 7 different light conditions, and I believe it. I applied it with my trusty RealTechniques sponge, and it blended very nicely! One thing I would note is that it does dry down fast, so you may want to work in sections. The coverage is medium-high, but is pretty buildable. After setting my face with some translucent powder, I took to the camera on my phone to see if this was true to its claim, and it was!

The foundation wore pretty nicely throughout the day, and retained the "no-flashback" effect, as I tested it many times. Overall, for the price, this foundation can't be beaten! Wet N' Wild is killing the game right now!

on 1/24/2017 6:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

The color match was perfect and the price is very reasonable, so that was good. Unfortunately, the ended up being a chalky dried out mess on me. I have extremely oily skin too, so I'm amazed that something could make me look dry, but it did. I love the pressed powder in this line, but this foundation wasn't good for me at all.

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

It's Just Wow.. this is soooo nice and wonderful foundation!!!!! Price is good and working very well.
My skin so smooth and flawless and matte all day.
I will definitely buy again :)