wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

3.2

on 4/14/2019 11:11:00 PM

I have combo/oily skin depending on the weather and usually gravitate towards a powder foundation because I don’t love wearing makeup. I needed a more full coverage foundation for special occasions and I think I found what I was looking for. I did have a bit of shine at the end of the day in my t zone but people kept commenting on my complexion and the coverage is perfect for me. I would say it’s a medium coverage. I also love the packaging and the little paddle thing to scoop product out instead of having to dump it. This will be my new go-to for events!

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I love how this foundation looks on my skin. I have shell ivory and it lasts through a 9 hour day. It's my favorite out of the many foundations i have i use this one the most, I need to but another bottle as a back up lol. My walmart is always out of it. I love how smooth it goes on, doesn't oxidize on me and is a matte finish look. It does have a small but you don't really notice it much

on 4/7/2019 11:25:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

So I was short on money at the time and needed to buy a foundation that matched my skin tone, didn't make my skin look oily, and covered my blemishes. I went to the drugstore with very little money and thought finding a foundation that could do all of the above until I could afford a more expensive product would be inevitable. I had never tried wet n wild before and honestly thought because it was so cheap that I would end up being dissatisfied and throwing it away soon. I was pleasantly surprised. This foundation I bought in nude ivory was exactly the right shade i needed. Check. It didn't make my skin look oily like other more expensive brands have done in the past. Check. It covered my blemishes. Check. The formulation of this foundation is brilliant. I set it with some powder and I was good to go. This foundation is very buildable and well. I got more than I could ask for and this was around $6 or $7. I also saw that wet n wild is cruelty free, another plus! Oh, but the best part? I absolutely LOVE the application that comes in this. It is awesome and I don't have to dump the foundation all over my hand or brush to get it out. I can't say enough about this awesome product!

The good:

This goes on fine, and is buildable. Sheer with the first coat. Pretty good coverage with the second. (I don't do more than 2.)

This lasts all day on my combo to oily skin.

It does what it says and reduces flashback in photos.

The bad:

I know this is inexpensive, but I'd rather have no applicator than the one included. That being said, I just pour a few drops of this on a plastic palate and use it from there. I guess the applicator may help get the remnants of the product out when I start to reach the end of the bottle.

This oxidizes on me within an hour of application and goes from a perfect match to slightly orange. It's probably only noticeable to me, so it's not extreme or anything and I do intend to finish the bottle rather than give it away or throw it out. That being said, the oxidation is the reason I will not purchase again.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I bought this foundation shortly after having seen everyone on YouTube rave about and I was disappointed to stay the least. Firstly I got mine in the shade Mocha and I'll admit it was slightly too dark for me but it wasn't too noticable so I went with it. The smell firstly is strong and Reminds me of paint but that was something I could look past. I then decided to wear it on the day I was going to be flying and I remember going to the bathroom in the plane and suddenly my complexion looked orange which pissed me off and I thought that perhaps it's my primer which I changed and it still left me ORANGE/ RED !!! On top of that I got breakouts after using this so I Would not recommend the darker shades to anyone even though the price for it is great and the coverage is okay it's still not worth it . So yeah the breakouts was just the nail in the coffin

I really like this foundation! I feel the shade selection is great for a drugstore foundation and the price is amazing!! I don't mind the spatula applicator and the smell is a bit strong. However, the smell doesn't last. It's easy to blend out using either a brush or beauty blender, and the coverage is fantastic! It does transfer though, so that's my only complaint.

Good value. Not the best coverage.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I'm 61 with normal skin that leans a touch dry. My skin is light with pink undertones......Mac NW 20..... Nude Ivory is a perfect color match. This foundation is just lovely. It goes on smoothly and delivers great coverage, stays looking beautiful from when I first put it on until I wash my face at night so that would be a good 12 hours. I do apply a light dusting of powder on top because my makeup never feels "finished" unless I do that. This foundation leaves my skin feeling very comfortable and looking flawless and at my age that speaks volumes. For $5.99 it's unbelievable! If you are my skin type and have mature skin I highly recommend this one!

So I'm 1 month in since I bought this in the lightest shade Porcelain. My thoughts:

- Shade: is a good match for my pale skin. Comparable to Maybelline fitme matte in Porcelain, but has a more of a pink undertone.
- Formula: Like its name, it's pretty matte. Some people say it has an almost satin finish, but my impression is that its predominantly matte. Picks up any dry patches and/or little whiteheads like crazy. I tried with a good moisturizer/primer but it didn't change the end result much.

Bottom Line: I had high hopes as this is one of the most hyped bargain drugstore foundation in the beauty community and youtubers. I'm going to use the remaining (most) of the product to mix in with other foundations to shade-match, but won't buy it again.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is approaching holy grail territory for me.. first off, I walk to work and I live in Canada. So I need a foundation that can take a freaking beating from the elements. I also need something that can wear all work day, put up with my combo skin, has decent coverage and preferably not have to blot... So a bit of a tall order I guess.

This foundation has met all of my expectations. The only downsides I have found are that it doesn't have amazing oil control, nor does it claim to- it's decent but after 8 or so hours it can start getting shiny. I think a good mattifying powder will fix this. The other problem I have I think could also be fixed with a better powder- it hates my glasses. If I touch my face it feels matte/maybe satin but my glasses tend to slide down and ruin that bit of foundation. I'm going to mix up my primer and powder and I think that will fix it.

Still this is the only foundation I've ever been this please with and the price is so affordable. It's a beautiful finish, satin like, soft, a good medium coverage, good wear and lightweight.

I think super oily girls may get annoyed with this one. I also think it may cling to very dry skin- I wouldn't call it drying but it's not moisturizing either.

So in short- great price, good wear, natural looking finish, medium coverage. However, not mattifying or high oil control, may cling to dry patches, oh and it smells a bit odd but it goes away. Like a paint smell.