wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

3.2

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

They must have paid the youtube "gurus" a LOT of money to highly review this product. Barely covers redness and feels ultra heavy even though it is a watery product. It is sticky no matter how much I powder it and it breaks up in a matter of an hour or two on my cheeks even being set. I don't even have oily skin, but this product surely does replicate it. Oh, and it smells like house paint.

I will say, though, that my skin feels amazingly moisturized and smooth after I get frustrated and take it off half way through work.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

YouTube made me buy it. Almost everyone talked about what a great drugstore gem this is and I needed a lighter foundation to mix with my Loreal infallible pro matte. I got soft ivory. The first thing I noticed is when I rubbed this on my hand, the texture of it was really weird. It sat on top of my skin instead of blending into it, and it felt super powdery. Also looked streaky. Then I tested it out on my face. Tried to use my fingers first and oh my god what a mess that was. Streaky, dry, didnt cover anything, it literally looked like I had tried to use plaster as a bb cream or something. So then I tried my sponge. That went way better than my fingers, looked okay, looked pretty dry and powdery still, and still looked as if it was sitting on top of my skin. However it builds nicely and has decent coverage. After one hour I noticed the foundation breaking down around my nose and pores and looking really textured on my forehead. Keep in mind I have absolutely horrible skin (aged beyond my years, textured, cystic acne, dry as a desert) so really I have nothing to blame but my skin, and really *all* foundations except nars sheer glow look pretty crappy on me, but this one just looked unforgivable. I'll probably end up returning it.

If you have oily skin with low texture, this would probably be great for you, and I feel like this foundation is a great value for the price especially since it has the potential to work well for other skin types. There's just no way I could make this work for me.

I normally wear Revlon Color stay foundation but this Wnw one is a few dollars cheaper.

It has decent medium coverage and a nice selection of shades. My only complaint is that it rubs off too easily. If I touch my face or anything, it comes off much more than other foundations do. I'm not a fan of the spatula applicator, I would prefer it to have a pump instead. For the price, $6 , I would purchase again because it's the cheapest foundation with good coverage

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I purchased this in three colors: Nude Ivory, Soft Beige, and Buff Beige. I'm an N5, and couldn't quite find my ideal color match. The Soft Beige was the closest right out of the bottle but I found that all the foundations darkened once they set. Nude Ivory was too light. Buff Beige, which is supposed to be light-medium neutral, was way too dark for my skin tone. I wound up mixing Nude Ivory (light neutral) and Buff Beige to customize my shade. As it was, it still oxidized, especially on my neck.

The coverage is iffy. I have oily, textured, sensitive skin with weird flakey dry patches and often it covered fairly well but it clung to the dry patches, but also seemed to emphasize my skin's texture once it settled and was set with powder. You can layer on for more coverage but it does cake very easily--I used this with several powders (BareMinerals Mineral Veil, No7 Translucent loose powder, ELF HD translucent finishing powder) and had the same result. You need restraint with the powder and normal, fine-textured skin to wear this for any significant amount of time. I'm going to hold on to the bottles I have and keep playing with them to see if I can make them work but I don't think I'm going to purchase these again.

It does have an odor--it's the odor I associate with less expensive foundations. More paint-like, less fragranced. To be honest, I'd rather have a foundation smell like paint than perfume. The smell fades after it's applied.

Great foundation for the price, just not for my skin. *sadness*

Okay, so I wanted to start by saying I purchased this foundation solely based on the fact that every YouTube beauty guru was raving about it (at least most of the channels I watch were). I was intrigued, a little hopeful, but extremely doubtful at the same time...not because I don't like finding a great drug store option for make-up, but because I don't typically have the best experience with drug store foundations. Unfortunately, I was correct in my expectations. I bought three shades to ensure that I could find one or mix a few to find the right shade to give it a fair shot because no single shade was the perfect match when doing swatches on site. Here were my findings:
****Side Note On Application: I did use primer prior to application and I also tried it without primer, I tried three different application tools: BB, Real Tech brush, and last, but certainly not least, my Artis brush.***

PROS:
-- Packaging is decent, heavy glass bottle, still not sold on the paddle theory for foundation-I prefer a pump or tube.
-- Price is great!
-- Coverage was pretty good and was build-able from what I could tell in the short time I tried it. Application was overall pretty easy.
-- While not necessarily a pro, I did want to mention that the smell really didn't bother me, even though this has been mentioned as a bothersome point of contention for some. I'm a heavy skin care acid user, so if I can take P50 Original, I can take a lot of heavy scents..lol!

CONS:
-- Made my pores look like craters (and I DO NOT have large pores).
-- I could not get a handle on the finish...it's not super matte, dewy, or natural....when I set it with powder it really seemed to cake up, but when I didn't set it it turned into an oil pit within hours.
-- OXIDIZES LIKE CRAZY...clearly my biggest con and I think it just depends on your skin type. For me, I find that most drug store foundations tend to oxidize on me. I don't know why, but they just do. I wish they didn't, but I'm one of the unlucky people that experiences this almost every time I try one.

I'm happy that this is a great drug store option for so many people, it just didn't work out for me...:-(

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

After seeing the YouTube hype on this product was pumped to try it. Wet n' wild has been coming out with some awesome products I love! However, after trying this foundation a good 10 times now in all kinds of ways to try and make it work (with all kinds of primers, applications and setting powders - even their photofocus powder), I've gotta say I don't plan to repurchase. I have super oily skin around my t-zone, acne-prone, but dry skin around my mouth and cheeks, so I get the best of both worlds haha. I got the shade golden beige and loved the great yellow undertone for my olive skin, and applying the foundation was easy. At first the application looks great, not matte or dewy, sort in-between, but it doesn't fully dry down, leaves a kind of tacky feeling on your face and you can't apply too much powder unless you wanna look cakey. In addition, it transfers LIKE CRAZY. If I even slightly touch my face I leave foundation fingerprints all over my papers in class, and I wouldn't dare hug someone or lay down on a pillow with this on. And finally, within an hour I am an oil slick. My face looks insanely greasy, the foundation separates, oxidizes, and worst of all it clings on like crazy to the small amount of dry patches on my face. The other day my roommate unknowingly thought I rubbed something on my face and told me to lick my finger and rub it off, and when I went to go look in the mirror I realized my skin texture looked awful, like I had a ton of orange dry patches the foundation was clinging on. It just doesn't look good after initial application and has also begun breaking me out :( I tried so hard to like it and I do love the price and packaging, but it has too many cons to continue using. I'm gonna stick to my L'Oreal Infallible pro-matte for sure.

on 4/7/2017 12:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I never saw this one coming, but…despite the breakouts, I actually like this.

Desert Beige is the perfect match for my NC40-42 skin, whereas other foundations were too yellow/orange or gave me a grayish cast. This formula doesn't oxidize on me--it stays true to tone, in both natural and indoor lighting. Lightweight on my skin, yet full-coverage, I don't even realize my skin is suffocating; one week in, my cheeks were covered in 1mm fleshtone bumps. I apply with a beautyblender and haven't needed to set with powder.

I haven't been able to find a replacement for my HG Skin79 Bronze BB (my perfect skin match), so despite the breakouts, and at an easy price, this does the job for now.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

If you have sensitive or acne-prone skin I wouldn't recommend this at all. I have acne scarring and it takes a few layers to have full coverage. It's easy for this foundation to look cakey. I had high hopes for this foundation, but it broke me out BAD. I'm upset because I've worked hard and stuck to a regimen to make my skin clear again. Unfortunately, this foundation ruined that. I blame myself because this was so cheap to buy ($5). I should've known better.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Not bad for the price. I love wetnwild products and I'm a loyal customer. I like the coverage and finish of this foundation. It looks great for a few hours then it starts settling into fine lines and my face starts to look oily. I'm going to try Primers and setting sprays to see if there's a difference.

2/24/19 Update: Fabulous foundation! No settling into my laugh lines and looks flawless and beautiful! Must use a good primer, setting powder and setting spray. It's amazing! Thanks wetnwild!

I posted a review of this already, but after trying it out more, I decided to redo the review. Because I like it even less.
My Skin Type: I have super oily skin with dry patches that foundation likes to cling to. Lots of redness.

YAYS!
- I thought the shade range (online, at least) was impressive compared to others at the drugstore

MEHS
- The packaging was better than most, but I wasn't crazy about the spatula type applicator. I prefer pumps

BLEHCKS!
- It never set on my skin. I tried waiting, powder, setting spray, combinations of the three. Nothing helped. I would touch my face at different points throughout the day, and not only would it get on my hands, you could easily see where the makeup rubbed off.
- Watery formula. I found it difficult to add a second coat. I've also found that watery formulas cling to dry spots on my nose, and this one was no exception.
- The coverage seemed medium but it didn't cover my redness at all
- It was difficult to add powder products, no matter how long I waited for it to set
- Lasted maybe 3-4 hours okay, but I thought it looked bad right after application, so it was kinda hard to judge
- Not for those with sensitive smell! People were spot on about it smelling like paint. It didn't last long, but it still gave me a headache.