wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Dry
wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

3.4

on 4/18/2017 5:27:00 PM

I seen many Youtubers and makeup artists rave about it like it was the best thing since sliced bread so I decided to give it a go.
I can't recall the name of the color I had but it was the lightest shade which matched my porcelain pale cool skintone self perfectly.
I am not a fan of it however-mostly because I have dry skin and it feels like there is NO moisture in this foundation. It feels too "dry" going on. I think if you have oily skin you may like this.
Also, its very sheer. its buildable but its not suitable for anyone with even minor skin issues. I usually use BB cream and it was almost same coverage(ps my BB cream was from Korean makeup line which usually has more coverage than American brands)

Love this foundation!!!! It's my new HG and I actually like it better than my MUF HD stick foundation which is $40. It has full coverage, great color selection, looks like skin and good in all lights as it claims! The only downfall is that it dries quick so blend quick and really pay attention to the hair line and it can cling to your hair

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I love this foundation. After the popularity surrounding this foundation, I had to try it. I have dry skin, with some acne scarring. The packaging is quite nice, with a glass bottle and spatula applicator. The spatula makes it easy to apply the proper amount. The foundation itself is quite liquid, yet sets quickly. It is easy to blend, and lasts a long time. This foundation acts like a more expensive foundation, yet costs less than $5.00. I recommend this foundation to anyone with dry skin, in need of coverage.

on 4/7/2017 11:40:00 AM

To be honest, this is the closest thing I've found to "holy grail" status. This foundation has its issues, but it also has some great points.

I have the world's dryest (sp?) skin, rosacea, sensitive skin, and areas of huge pores, as well as aging skin and a couple of areas that look like little pinholes in the skin. I'm sensitive to dimethicone, and I'm freakishly sensitive to aloe of all things. I used to have beautiful skin, and suddenly it just went downhill fast. It's been a struggle to find things that work for me now, and even more of a struggle to get a good color match and finish.

I'm a fan of Wet N Wild, so I picked this up without having read reviews or checking ingredients. I know, sounds like a recipe for disaster, right? I immediately put it on and could not BELIEVE how nice it was. The websit says matte finish, but I'd call it more of a demi matte or satin finish. I was not like POWDERY matte, but Not shiny or dewy either. The weight and initial feel was very Luminous Silk from Armani, which concerned me because LS sinks into my pores and slides around my face like an oil slick (weird for dry skin), and then I'm somehow DRYER when I take it off. However, the WnW stayed put without setting powder or primer, it didn't itch or feel heavy, didn't oxidize, didn't sink into pores and lines, and didn't budge for hours except at the very tip of my nose. Awesome, right?

I tried a second layer for a bit more coverage, and I did notice a little accentuation of pores and lines at that point, but it still didn't settle in like everything else I tried in the past.

So what's wrong with it? Well, sadly, there a few things. The first issue is the consistency from one day to the next. Some days it looks really perfect and flawless and a perfect color match, and other days it oxidizes (though less than some brands), settles more into nooks and crannies, and doesn't play well with others products. It also breaks down quicker on those days. I just want a product that is easy to use, makes me still look like me but better, and that will always give the same result.

So can I recommend this? For six bucks, absolutely. Will I keep looking for better? Yeah.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is the first time I've tried a Wet N' Wild foundation, and after 3 applications I still can't get it to work for me. The color match is really good (I got mine in Rose Ivory, and I am a cool borderline/ neutral tones pale chick), and I like the packaging...but that's it. The biggest issue I have is the major cake face this gives me. When I apply it, it just sits on top of my skin, and has that kind of dry silicone feeling that a lot of primers have. I don't feel it blends that well. It literally flakes my skin out everywhere, even my forehead. I know I could try different application methods, and I could try to really moisturize a lot beforehand...but honestly I don't want a foundation I have to take extra steps with, just to make it look normal.

I'll give it a try in the summertime and update my review if anything changes. Otherwise, this is a dud for me, and I'd advise anyone with dry skin to avoid this product.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

After using this foundation for a few weeks I can say that I love it, but only if I use the right moisturizer under it and if my skin is not dry. This has decent coverage for me and it lasts, but I never use it with a primer. I don't love the packaging and would prefer a pump bottle, but the shade selection is good. You won't find the entire range in stores, but they are online. I prefer a foundation that sets nicely on skin and doesn't look like a mask, and that's what this does. This is lightweight but pigmented, and I never have to use a powder over it. This does have a scent that some describe as "paint", but most foundations do, and they try to cover that with added fragrance. It does not bother me.

on 2/27/2017 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Good foundation, it works great!!!

on 2/23/2017 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have just used this past week, and so far I'm pretty happy. I am light skin , blueish green eyes, dry/normal. My skin is dry but not flaky at this time. I apply my moisturizer then this foundation. I have not remembered to use my primer yet so no comment on this over moisturizing primer.
I liked it best using my fingers to rub it in. the spatula attached to cap is not my favorite thing. i rather just pour a little out, but it's not a big deal. Its consistency is similar to maybelline fit me foundation, liquidy but not watery. on me, this foundation lasts all day. it covers nicely, I'd say medium coverage. the color match is quite good, i use soft beige. It's affordable and has not made me break out or emphasize pores/dry skin. Granted my skin is decent but bit dry. For a cheap drugstore buy, i'm quite satisfied. I'm really pleased that I found a good color match for myself this winter. I'm mostly can use Ivory as my shade, but some lines are too pale and the next shade usually too dark, so I seemed to have more issues this year. I'm warm toned as well. Soft beige was a good warm, light shade.
Edit: after using a few more weeks I lowered my rating. As far as consistency and color selection my opinion is the same. My problem is with my dry skin it seems to show that dryness very much the more days I used it. I guess it's the demi-matte type finish. It just seemed to make my forehead look dryer and textured even though I don't have texture. It just emphasized the dry skin. So this will not end up working for me as affordable foundation. I still think it's a good DS buy just not best for dryer skin types. I gave mine away and will not be purchasing again now.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Color is great, doesn't oxidize on me. Breaks up after a few hours and it's hard to build coverage. Bad formula good colors and Idea

on 2/12/2017 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

After watching a bunch of reviews and demos of this product, I was hesitant to buy it due to its seemingly drying effect on the skin. Of course, I still was sucked into buying it after seeing it on display at the store.

When I first tried it as a foundation, I absolutely hated it. I was not into the paint smell at all. It also WAS very drying on the skin. I have dry patches on my chin, nose, and forehead, so this can really ruin a foundation for me. I tried it multiple times all over my face, but even with a damp beauty sponge, I still wasn't able to achieve the effect I wanted. One day, I tried using it to conceal the skin under my eyes. Most concealers fade and look very dry after a normal day of wear, but this foundation looked AMAZING. It didn't look dry at all under my eyes, and it gave a very natural finish. It completely stayed on all day. It even works well with the beauty blender; it doesn't sheer out too much under my eyes. It gives me as much coverage as I need.

Overall, I hate this as a foundation, but it is amazing as an under eye concealer.