wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

3.2

on 2/12/2018 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is an ok foundation for the price but I found it pretty drying so this might not be for us dry skin folks. I actually like the stick to apply it and the price of course. It applies nicely with a beauty blender but I could probably only use this in the summer when my skin is not as dry.

on 1/30/2018 11:40:00 PM

Decided to give it a try after all the rave reviews from yt-ers. Did not take long to notice that it wasn't going to work for me. When opening, the smell is awful--like paint. I got a good color match (Peach Natural) and it applied nicely enough but it oxidizes within an hour and started to look splotchy. I also did not like the dipstick applicator because it was difficult to apply the right amount of foundation.

Total fail for me.

on 1/30/2018 2:56:00 AM

Late-thirties here, with medium, combination skin. I am a very picky beauty consumer and have had the best experience with this product; the reviews here are puzzling. This foundation is medium-coverage, with a satin (not entirely matte) finish. The powder from the same line is a perfect addition on top. As the name suggests, this photographs *beautifully*. Unless you are a blogger though, that means little. In real life, this gives you even, healthy and natural-looking skin. Your skin but better. Oxidizes minimally, and plays well with other face products. When buffed correctly, this does not budge, nor crease, it survives a gym session and all day at the office. Does not break me out. It is ridiculously cheap and performs like products ten times its price. Who can ask for more?

on 1/24/2018 11:58:00 PM

This foundation will oxidize orange. Do not waste your money. I have no idea how popular this foundation has become but stay away. This stuff will make your skill look incredibly caked on with product even if it’s a think layer. Big no.

on 1/24/2018 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Lasts all day, not patchy and does not cling to the dry parts of my skin. I normally would never use a drug store foundation as I have very sensitive skin but it has not caused any reaction. I needed to switch from Nars sheer glow after they decided to test on animals and I wish I had switched years ago. Nars wore off quickly and clung to dry patches in comparison.
Smells like house paint in the bottle but the smell dissipates really quickly and does smell at all when on your face.

on 1/22/2018 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This product looked really great upon initial application. The color was a perfect match and gave a natural finish with medium coverage which I loved. However a couple hours into the wear, it began to feel heavy on the skin and made me look oilier than normal for someone with combination/oily skin. I also came to find out that it was causing me to breakout, which may have been the glycerin ingredient in it as MAC Fix + also broke me out. Everyone is right regarding the smell, it smells like paint but I found that it faded and I couldn't smell it throughout the day. If this foundation didn't make my skin react the way it did, I would actually like it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I would try this again because it is so cheap. $4.68 at Walmart and this product does have $1.00 off coupons! A foundation for $3.68?! I originally got Golden Beige, but it is a bit too dark for me (little too orange). The color I needed was not available, so I will keep an eye out for a lighter shade and try again. I forgot to take my sample with me to the store.

The coverage is light/medium. I was able to get it to medium, but not full coverage because I did not want to look cakey. The product does come with a spatula built into the lid, I like that since it is better than using your fingers or no pump. This foundation does have a paint like smell, but it does go away when it dries. I was worried this would break me out because of the smell, but I only used this for a 14 hour day. So not sure with continuous use if breakout will occur.

The color will oxidize a bit, so pick a shade a bit lighter.

I was comparing this side by side with Estee Lauder double wear on my face, because EL is my holy grail foundation. For 14 hours, the performance was quite comparable. This foundation did help to control my oils. I did not get greasy at all. It did disappear on the area that I did a second coat. My freckles and sun spots started to peek through, while they were still hidden on the EL side.

But for the price, I say give it a try.

If you have combination skin, listen up
This foundation was really good for me in the summer because my skin is on the oily side, and it stayed matte.
In the winter my skin changed so it was normal, no excess oil, and the foundation caused me to break out really bad.
It gets in your pores and any concealer, brush or anything touching your face will move it out of place and make it patchy. It also enlarged my pores really bad and smells like acrylic paint

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Picked this up at the grocery store. It is quite simple to pick your shade...they are separated by warm, cool, and neutral, and darkness level. I picked medium warm, the shade is called Golden Beige, and it is by far the best shade match for me that I've ever found. I have tried many mid range foundations, all the popular ones. In MAC products I use NC30, but I find it to be a hair dark, while NC25 is too light.

I don't like the spatula packaging and it smells bad, but it's not the only foundation that has these qualities, and for the price I can overlook these.

The advertising doesn't mention what the finish is or what skin type it's ideal for. I have normal-combo skin and prefer a matte finish as they tend to be longer lasting. This foundation is very matte and would not work for dry skin, it made my skin feel dry even in my oily areas. But it lasts long, I tend to rest my face in my hand throughout the day and it still looked intact by 5pm (I applied it at 7am). I find the finish very unnatural looking, especially the closer up you get.

on 1/14/2018 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love wnw fdtns as a rule (coverall, ultimate match, tinted moisturizer, THIS.).......it does have an unpleasant odor-aroma of paint with this. But wnw fdtn are good for oily skinned people. The spatula is an interesting addition. For $6 this is pretty good but discovering your shade can be an arcane process .and wnw is cruelty free (which is awesome!!!) I use wnw reserve your cabana powder for glowy skin.