wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

3.2

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I'm 61 with normal skin that leans a touch dry. My skin is light with pink undertones......Mac NW 20..... Nude Ivory is a perfect color match. This foundation is just lovely. It goes on smoothly and delivers great coverage, stays looking beautiful from when I first put it on until I wash my face at night so that would be a good 12 hours. I do apply a light dusting of powder on top because my makeup never feels "finished" unless I do that. This foundation leaves my skin feeling very comfortable and looking flawless and at my age that speaks volumes. For $5.99 it's unbelievable! If you are my skin type and have mature skin I highly recommend this one!

So I'm 1 month in since I bought this in the lightest shade Porcelain. My thoughts:

- Shade: is a good match for my pale skin. Comparable to Maybelline fitme matte in Porcelain, but has a more of a pink undertone.
- Formula: Like its name, it's pretty matte. Some people say it has an almost satin finish, but my impression is that its predominantly matte. Picks up any dry patches and/or little whiteheads like crazy. I tried with a good moisturizer/primer but it didn't change the end result much.

Bottom Line: I had high hopes as this is one of the most hyped bargain drugstore foundation in the beauty community and youtubers. I'm going to use the remaining (most) of the product to mix in with other foundations to shade-match, but won't buy it again.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is approaching holy grail territory for me.. first off, I walk to work and I live in Canada. So I need a foundation that can take a freaking beating from the elements. I also need something that can wear all work day, put up with my combo skin, has decent coverage and preferably not have to blot... So a bit of a tall order I guess.

This foundation has met all of my expectations. The only downsides I have found are that it doesn't have amazing oil control, nor does it claim to- it's decent but after 8 or so hours it can start getting shiny. I think a good mattifying powder will fix this. The other problem I have I think could also be fixed with a better powder- it hates my glasses. If I touch my face it feels matte/maybe satin but my glasses tend to slide down and ruin that bit of foundation. I'm going to mix up my primer and powder and I think that will fix it.

Still this is the only foundation I've ever been this please with and the price is so affordable. It's a beautiful finish, satin like, soft, a good medium coverage, good wear and lightweight.

I think super oily girls may get annoyed with this one. I also think it may cling to very dry skin- I wouldn't call it drying but it's not moisturizing either.

So in short- great price, good wear, natural looking finish, medium coverage. However, not mattifying or high oil control, may cling to dry patches, oh and it smells a bit odd but it goes away. Like a paint smell.

on 2/3/2019 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Rarely have I tried a foundation and re-bought it!! But I've re-bought this foundation countless times! I've tried many foundations, high and low end and this is one of the best. Also, I have an extremely yellow undertone and golden beige matches me perfectly.

It just looks like I have great skin or like I am barely wearing anything when I wear this. Its never cakes or gets greasy and most importantly it doesn't irritate my skin!!

on 1/23/2019 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

First of all when they discontinued my Coverall Foundation I thought my world was coming to an end. I Decided to try something new and stick with the brand that I love WET N WILD in Photofocus Foundation. The do have a wide variety of shades so you shouldn't have a problem finding your color. Something I have never seen before is the applicator wand. It is simply just a plastic stick when I am used to tubes and pumps. hmf… I decided to dab tiny dots all over my face and blend in with my beauty blender and I got a full coverage foundation with no streaks and does not look oily in which I have oily facial sking. The Price point cannot be beat and it is an overall replacement to my Coverall Foundation . I now have a new Foundation I can recommend.....the Trick is to not be fooled by thebone of a kind Apllicatior !!! BOSSGLOSS APPROVED!

on 1/21/2019 11:00:00 AM

I am 53 yrs old with combo skin. I have not worn makeup in 5 years but have a big ski Vaca coming up so decided to get some makeup and get used to wearing it again... I also missed the "girly" feeling of getting dolled up. I started asking around about foundations and a couple of people raved about this...then I read the reviews here and it said just like Revlon Color Stay, but better! Now that really excited me because before I quit wearing makeup Color Stay was my go to, I used it for years and loved it. I got this in Cream Ivory and the color was a good match. It definitely is matte, so much so you don't have to use powder, but, I don't know if it is because I am older now, use to have oily skin but now I consider it normal, but this got cakey around and under my nose, but it looked pretty good on my cheeks, but didn't hide some big pores I have. Oh, also got very cakey under my eyes which I can't have now that I have some wrinkles under my eyes. I think this would be an awesome foundation for someone with VERY oily skin. Too bad, because I had high hopes☹️. Today I bought some Maybelline Fit Matte, No Pores. I will rate that in a few days. If that does not work for me I guess I am going to have to try some foundation for aging skin... maybe Cover Girls that has the Oil Of Olay.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was skeptical, but this has become one of my favorite foundations. I tend to prefer tinted moisturizers to traditional foundation, but sometimes I want a perfected, airbrushed finish. My holy grail foundation is Guerlain Lingerie de Peau, but Photo Focus is giving it serious competition! I apply with a BeautyBlender and mix in a bit of liquid highlighter if I want more glow, because it's a bit matte. For the price, I'm ecstatic about it.

Sigh... the pro: great buildable almost airbrushed coverage that seems to melt into your skin, looks great in photos, and that's about it. Cons: can you say cystic acne breakout? I wish this would have not broken me out! I loved the coverage. I have no doubt this foundation was the culprit. Another con, why doesn't this come in a pump or tube?? I hate clunky chunky jars and what's with the spatula?? Anyway, I wanted to love this, but the acne is a dealbreaker.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

I bought this foundation because of all of the overwhelmingly positive reviews on YouTube.

It's very inexpensive, but still a waste of my money.

In general I would say that I have nice skin. I'm in my early forties, but have very few lines and in general am very proud of how nice my skin still looks. Until I put on this foundation. Suddenly, my skin looks terrible.

I've used fingers, brushes, beauty blender, primer, no primer.

The best thing I can say about this foundation is that I feel so good about my skin when I take it off.

This foundation is just ok for me. It does make my combo/oily skin matte and provides good coverage, though I found it settles into lines and around my nose a bit. It does smell like paint but the scent dissipates. The price is good for the quality. I like the glass bottle, though the spatula application can get a bit messy. I'd much prefer if it was a pump!

Overall, it's a fine foundation but there are other drug store options I like better.