wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

3.3

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I purchased this in three colors: Nude Ivory, Soft Beige, and Buff Beige. I'm an N5, and couldn't quite find my ideal color match. The Soft Beige was the closest right out of the bottle but I found that all the foundations darkened once they set. Nude Ivory was too light. Buff Beige, which is supposed to be light-medium neutral, was way too dark for my skin tone. I wound up mixing Nude Ivory (light neutral) and Buff Beige to customize my shade. As it was, it still oxidized, especially on my neck.

The coverage is iffy. I have oily, textured, sensitive skin with weird flakey dry patches and often it covered fairly well but it clung to the dry patches, but also seemed to emphasize my skin's texture once it settled and was set with powder. You can layer on for more coverage but it does cake very easily--I used this with several powders (BareMinerals Mineral Veil, No7 Translucent loose powder, ELF HD translucent finishing powder) and had the same result. You need restraint with the powder and normal, fine-textured skin to wear this for any significant amount of time. I'm going to hold on to the bottles I have and keep playing with them to see if I can make them work but I don't think I'm going to purchase these again.

It does have an odor--it's the odor I associate with less expensive foundations. More paint-like, less fragranced. To be honest, I'd rather have a foundation smell like paint than perfume. The smell fades after it's applied.

Great foundation for the price, just not for my skin. *sadness*

I love wnw fdtns as a rule (coverall, ultimate match, tinted moisturizer, THIS.).......it does have an unpleasant odor-aroma of paint with this. But wnw fdtn are good for oily skinned people. The spatula is an interesting addition. For $6 this is pretty good but discovering your shade can be an arcane process .and wnw is cruelty free (which is awesome!!!) I use wnw reserve your cabana powder for glowy skin. ETA: it sure gets broken down fast by oily skin. Very oily beware you will be a greaseball if you don’t carry Blot papers & pressed powder in your bag. I have a Blot in the late afternoon/or early evening. It isn’t as good as cover all was so so SO good. It smells like paint but that dissipates & goes away soon.

I tried this after so many raves about it on YouTube. Overall I think if it works for you it is a great value. I liked it but it did not do well hiding the slight redness I have on my cheeks which makes it a big no for me. I also felt it was hard to blend I kept getting sponge marks from my Beauty blender.

As for the packaging I loved the heavy glass bottle but I am not a fan of the spatula I much prefer a pump or tube to squeeze I feel they are much more sanitary.

I have normal skin (not oily and not dry)
& at first application this foundation is beautiful! It makes your skin look even, yet natural, and gives you a flawless and smooth look but after an hour it left me super oily and shiny.
The smell is strong of paint but quickly goes away.
I wish it would have worked for me because it's super inexpensive and looks beautiful at first.

on 4/8/2017 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I have the shade Mocha. This shade is fiery orange. In the trash it went.

on 4/7/2017 11:40:00 AM

To be honest, this is the closest thing I've found to "holy grail" status. This foundation has its issues, but it also has some great points.

I have the world's dryest (sp?) skin, rosacea, sensitive skin, and areas of huge pores, as well as aging skin and a couple of areas that look like little pinholes in the skin. I'm sensitive to dimethicone, and I'm freakishly sensitive to aloe of all things. I used to have beautiful skin, and suddenly it just went downhill fast. It's been a struggle to find things that work for me now, and even more of a struggle to get a good color match and finish.

I'm a fan of Wet N Wild, so I picked this up without having read reviews or checking ingredients. I know, sounds like a recipe for disaster, right? I immediately put it on and could not BELIEVE how nice it was. The websit says matte finish, but I'd call it more of a demi matte or satin finish. I was not like POWDERY matte, but Not shiny or dewy either. The weight and initial feel was very Luminous Silk from Armani, which concerned me because LS sinks into my pores and slides around my face like an oil slick (weird for dry skin), and then I'm somehow DRYER when I take it off. However, the WnW stayed put without setting powder or primer, it didn't itch or feel heavy, didn't oxidize, didn't sink into pores and lines, and didn't budge for hours except at the very tip of my nose. Awesome, right?

I tried a second layer for a bit more coverage, and I did notice a little accentuation of pores and lines at that point, but it still didn't settle in like everything else I tried in the past.

So what's wrong with it? Well, sadly, there a few things. The first issue is the consistency from one day to the next. Some days it looks really perfect and flawless and a perfect color match, and other days it oxidizes (though less than some brands), settles more into nooks and crannies, and doesn't play well with others products. It also breaks down quicker on those days. I just want a product that is easy to use, makes me still look like me but better, and that will always give the same result.

So can I recommend this? For six bucks, absolutely. Will I keep looking for better? Yeah.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Not bad for the price. I love wetnwild products and I'm a loyal customer. I like the coverage and finish of this foundation. It looks great for a few hours then it starts settling into fine lines and my face starts to look oily. I'm going to try Primers and setting sprays to see if there's a difference.

2/24/19 Update: Fabulous foundation! No settling into my laugh lines and looks flawless and beautiful! Must use a good primer, setting powder and setting spray. It's amazing! Thanks wetnwild!

This is an awesome foundation for 5.99. It took me a bit to find my perfect shade but I finally did. (My friends made out with the others) It lasts all day with a matte-fyling primer. Photographs great and doesn't sink into my pores. I love the bottle and the spatula. But that smell. It smells like house paint! But it doesn't last and honestly its worth it even if it smells like ass. Haha

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is the first time I've tried a Wet N' Wild foundation, and after 3 applications I still can't get it to work for me. The color match is really good (I got mine in Rose Ivory, and I am a cool borderline/ neutral tones pale chick), and I like the packaging...but that's it. The biggest issue I have is the major cake face this gives me. When I apply it, it just sits on top of my skin, and has that kind of dry silicone feeling that a lot of primers have. I don't feel it blends that well. It literally flakes my skin out everywhere, even my forehead. I know I could try different application methods, and I could try to really moisturize a lot beforehand...but honestly I don't want a foundation I have to take extra steps with, just to make it look normal.

I'll give it a try in the summertime and update my review if anything changes. Otherwise, this is a dud for me, and I'd advise anyone with dry skin to avoid this product.

I recently purchased this foundation in several shades. I wanted to love it so much because I read and heard great reviews. I hate this foundation. It looks cakey arpund my eyebrows, nose and mouth. My glasses rub the product off. I was using it with both a primer and setting powder and setting spray. It transferred everywhere. very unsatisfied.