wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

3.3

on 10/28/2018 12:01:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Did not work for me. Too drying and cakey looking as well as by the end of the day half of it is off my face even after setting it, Not enough coverage and it definitely streaks when applied with a brush

on 10/21/2018 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I am writing this review as I just finished the last drop of my Photo Focus foundation this morning and suddenly realized I cannot not have it! I very rarely ever finish an entire bottle of a liquid foundation, most of them expire and, sadly, have to go... This one was an exception. Definitely repurchasing it tomorrow.

It is a medium coverage foundation, buildable to full, in my opinion. Blends very easily with both a brush and a sponge. It gives me the nicest blurring effect, the skin looks nearly airbrushed after I finish my makeup. It is not dewy, nor very matt, something in the middle, just like I prefer (I have combination skin, normal on good days). Its long lasting power is another huge plus.

It's a really beautiful foundation and I could see it working on different skin types and for people with different makeup preferences. It's definitely worth trying for the price.

on 8/29/2018 3:02:00 AM

I think this foundation is suitable with flawless skin. It feels ok on my skin but i dont like the smell. And since i have noticeable pores, dark scars, this foundation wont do any help to cover it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

After test-running this on myself for a while, I ended up adding it to my pro-kit because it really does photograph GORGEOUSLY and the price can't be beat. The main drawbacks are thus: it smells like paint...literally Home Depot interior latex house paint; It is not specifically a long-wear formula. I have worked around this for a recent bridal party job by using Wayne Goss' technique of combining and layering with setting spray and it really did the trick! My bride was asked about 8 hours after her makeup was done if it had just been done an hour or 2 before. The color range on this is decent for a drugstore and some websites like Ulta offer an extended range. Coverage is medium and fairly buildable. Texture blends out nicely and can be sheered. Shades may set darker than they appear in bottle, but oddly the color range skews toward paler than you would expect from the description. (I'm usually around NC20 and wear mostly "fair-light" range products and I was in the "light-medium" category with this product. ") This may not be a luxury foundation, but it works and it does the job very, very well. For someone like me who needs to keep multiple shades on hand and can't shell-out for $45 a bottle, it's fantastic!

I first bought the foundation online in soft beige a couple of months ago, I chose the closest colour I could to my usual foundation, but when it came it was slightly too dark, which sucks because in the bottle it looks really close to my usual, but when it comes out it's just a little bit too dark. I feel like the next lightest shade would be too light, so I don't know if there's a shade in this foundation that truly matches me, I'd probably have to mix two together. So because this was too dark when I first tried it I didn't really like it, and I didn't think it looked that great on my skin so I only wore it once. I bought several other vegan foundations since including Kat Von D, but couldn't find one that I really liked. One day I decided to try this one again, and my mind was completely changed. The colour is still slightly wrong but it still looks natural enough. I put on a couple of layers and thought that looked ok, but when I looked again about 5 minutes later I realised that it looks really amazingly flawless and matte. I have large pores and it makes them not so noticeable, it also stays put all day and looks great all day. I have combination skin and my makeup usually ends up melting off, but this one stayed on really well without looking heavy or cakey, unlike K V D, which is super thick and looks great when it first goes on but I've noticed five minutes later it settles into every line and poor and looks awful. This one improves with time, not worsens. It's also so important to me that the greasiness stays away, because my makeup will settle in my pores and look awful and this one didn't do that. I wasn't really that keen on the applicator but it's ok, I prefer a pump bottle. Another thing that I didn't really like was the smell, it smells pretty bad when you first put it on but the smell does go away. So yeah this is my new favourite foundation now and I will definitely be buying it again.

on 3/14/2018 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Smells like paint and applies like paint. If you think that's good, think of a wall with pockmarks then paint it. From far away you can't see the pockmarks (i.e. my face) but up close it's horrible. Forget about building up the foundation because it goes into cake city after the first layer. Goodbye.

on 3/2/2018 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This foundation ruined my beauty blender and my foundation brush.

It will not wash out of any make-up application tools. I went from thinking it was holy grail to being so pissed off at it.

Pros: Great coverage, I had no need to powder my face which was amazing
Cons: Looks crap when applied with fingers and ruins sponges and brushes so.... Can't use it. Smells like paint. Spatula is a bit stupid tbh.

I have dry skin and prefer light dewy foundations, but occasionally if I travel or my skin looks jank, I want a heavier foundation. This is pretty good. The color matched perfectly and shape tape goes on smoothly over it. Don't try more than one layer cuz it looks heavy cakey and hard to blend. It sets nicely without powder but I like the matching powder just cuz why not. Overall my skin looks about the same if I use all Tarte prods plus this is hugely cheaper. Like all heavy foundations, this causes a lot of tiny millia acne. I would use it for one-time kinda things like a weekend away or something...as a daily foundation it would b havoc on ur skin. Overall it's really nice and a better value than say Tarte, but I really dislike photo-perfect foundations bc they're too heavy and drying and really are best just on picture days. The spatula btw is just dumb. No pump? But being hella cheaper than Tarte, this is a good cheap dupe, just don't make it ur everyday makeup or ur skin will be a wreck.

on 1/30/2018 2:56:00 AM

Late-thirties here, with medium, combination skin. I am a very picky beauty consumer and have had the best experience with this product; the reviews here are puzzling. This foundation is medium-coverage, with a satin (not entirely matte) finish. The powder from the same line is a perfect addition on top. As the name suggests, this photographs *beautifully*. Unless you are a blogger though, that means little. In real life, this gives you even, healthy and natural-looking skin. Your skin but better. Oxidizes minimally, and plays well with other face products. When buffed correctly, this does not budge, nor crease, it survives a gym session and all day at the office. Does not break me out. It is ridiculously cheap and performs like products ten times its price. Who can ask for more?

on 1/24/2018 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Lasts all day, not patchy and does not cling to the dry parts of my skin. I normally would never use a drug store foundation as I have very sensitive skin but it has not caused any reaction. I needed to switch from Nars sheer glow after they decided to test on animals and I wish I had switched years ago. Nars wore off quickly and clung to dry patches in comparison.
Smells like house paint in the bottle but the smell dissipates really quickly and does smell at all when on your face.