wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

wet n wild Photo Focus Foundation

3.2

on 2/23/2017 8:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this in the shade Golden Beige from my local Target and have tested it out a few times. Overall, the foundation is decent, especially for the price. It has medium coverage, and while it is buildable to full, it starts to look cakey if you layer too much. The finish isn't overly matte or dewey, but oily skin may need to set with powder. I haven't taken any flash photos while wearing this so can't comment on the claims of no flashback or white cast. The glass packaging is very elegant, but some people may have hygiene concerns about the plastic paddle-like applicator (personally I don't see it any differently than using my Shape Tape, but that's just my opinion). My only complaint is that the foundation oxidized on my skin about an hour after application. I may purchase it in a lighter shade and save this one for summer wear.

Pros:
budget friendly
nice glass packaging
medium coverage
impressive shade range (20 on WnW website)

Cons:
paddle applicator may be unhygienic
oxidizes
can look cakey if layered
oily skin will need to powder

on 2/23/2017 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have just used this past week, and so far I'm pretty happy. I am light skin , blueish green eyes, dry/normal. My skin is dry but not flaky at this time. I apply my moisturizer then this foundation. I have not remembered to use my primer yet so no comment on this over moisturizing primer.
I liked it best using my fingers to rub it in. the spatula attached to cap is not my favorite thing. i rather just pour a little out, but it's not a big deal. Its consistency is similar to maybelline fit me foundation, liquidy but not watery. on me, this foundation lasts all day. it covers nicely, I'd say medium coverage. the color match is quite good, i use soft beige. It's affordable and has not made me break out or emphasize pores/dry skin. Granted my skin is decent but bit dry. For a cheap drugstore buy, i'm quite satisfied. I'm really pleased that I found a good color match for myself this winter. I'm mostly can use Ivory as my shade, but some lines are too pale and the next shade usually too dark, so I seemed to have more issues this year. I'm warm toned as well. Soft beige was a good warm, light shade.
Edit: after using a few more weeks I lowered my rating. As far as consistency and color selection my opinion is the same. My problem is with my dry skin it seems to show that dryness very much the more days I used it. I guess it's the demi-matte type finish. It just seemed to make my forehead look dryer and textured even though I don't have texture. It just emphasized the dry skin. So this will not end up working for me as affordable foundation. I still think it's a good DS buy just not best for dryer skin types. I gave mine away and will not be purchasing again now.

I soooo wanted to love this! I actually really liked the spatula, and once on the foundation looked great. My contour and blush powders blended seemlessly, which I loved. Unfortunately, the foundation broke down and easily wiped off not too long after application. It made my face feel unusually greasy, and I couldn't wait to wipe the stuff off when I got home.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Color is great, doesn't oxidize on me. Breaks up after a few hours and it's hard to build coverage. Bad formula good colors and Idea

on 2/16/2017 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I would say beware of all the glowing reviews and don't expect it to be amazing. It's a medium coverage foundation and I really wouldn't say it's matte. It is slippery feeling due to the silicone and doesn't sink into pores like the Coverall did for me (Coverall has better coverage). It can cling to dry parts of the face and doesn't really dry down completely so it needs a powder to get rid of the tacky feeling. It has that weird greasy look for a while without actually being greasy if that makes sense. This foundation also tends to break down after a few hours and definitely isn't long lasting.

The bottle is lovely but the spatula packaging is horrendous. I have found that foundations tend to oxidize and thicken in packaging that has to be exposed to open air all the time and the spatula is unhygienic and annoying. I've had this foundation for about two weeks and it has already changed color and consistency (orange tinge/darker and thicker).

I was hoping for a good daily foundation and this is just ok. I can make it work but wouldn't buy again. At least I haven't had any significant breakouts yet.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

EDIT 12/6/17: I moved in to a new house with different lighting, and can really see what my foundation looks like. This pools up in to my pores and leaves little dots. I'm no longer using it. Shame cuz it's cheap as hell. Oh well. The Milani Conceal and Perfect foundation has stolen my heart now.

I have tried everything- various prices, formulas, benefits. What irony! My holy grail foundation costs $5.
My skin is fair/light, with very yellow undertones. Combination/dry, and at age 30, beginning to mature. Prone to occasional breakout and verrry sensitive.
This covers my rosacea, hides my wrinkles, and makes me look like an angel when I top it with the Wet n Wild "Reserve Your Cabana" powder. Also, make sure you're using a good moisturizer underneath this. It truly lives up to the claims of looking good in photographs and different light. I will never be without this again! I will need to purchase a few more bottles. Wish this came in a pump jar but I guess the formula is so watery it wouldn't work out.
Love this!!!

I liked this, but if I lost it I wouldn't buy again. I was pleasantly suprised though...and it does smell like paint!

on 1/24/2017 6:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

The color match was perfect and the price is very reasonable, so that was good. Unfortunately, the ended up being a chalky dried out mess on me. I have extremely oily skin too, so I'm amazed that something could make me look dry, but it did. I love the pressed powder in this line, but this foundation wasn't good for me at all.